Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: acko338, July 24, 2014, 8:55pm
A friend (Ardent Town fan) was attending a funeral today at the crematorium and saw people being asked to sign up to the opposition petition to the new stadium whilst grieving at scheduled funerals.

Is this as low as the opponents to a proposed stadium are willing to go ???

That's just disgusting!

Anyone got any ideas who was behind that today - need to name & shame !!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), July 24, 2014, 9:27pm; Reply: 1
No respect and quite simply disgusting. You would think on the day you are laying a loved one to rest people would realise you want to be alone and not pestered by someone talking about a football stadium. I hope these people are found and named and shamed.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 24, 2014, 9:30pm; Reply: 2
Immediate candidate(s) for the TOTW...despicable behaviour :B
Posted by: Willgtfc, July 24, 2014, 9:46pm; Reply: 3
F*cking awful they deserve a good slap in the face ! That is the last thing you want at a funeral ! Scum
Posted by: 75 (Guest), July 24, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 4
Disgusting, outrageous in fact.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 24, 2014, 10:18pm; Reply: 5
That just takes the biscuit! I'm not a great believer in Fentydome MkII but bothering people at a funeral is just plain hypocritical.

So much for using "respect" for funerals as a reason for objecting to the ground being up that way.
Posted by: Meza, July 24, 2014, 10:53pm; Reply: 6
Maybe the GET should post something about it.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, July 24, 2014, 11:07pm; Reply: 7
How many funerals are held after 7 at night or on Saturdays?

NIMBY's will try anything to prevent the plans, they'll plant rare exotic foliage, or find red necked newts or something nesting in the area next, just wait.
Posted by: Judas Jay, July 24, 2014, 11:17pm; Reply: 8
I'm at a funeral at the crem tomorrow, if I even have sight of one of these idiots, I'll be taking photos and will be in contact with the telegraph ASAP!!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), July 24, 2014, 11:46pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
How many funerals are held after 7 at night or on Saturdays?

NIMBY's will try anything to prevent the plans, they'll plant rare exotic foliage, or find red necked newts or something nesting in the area next, just wait.

Saturday afternoon to be precise.  Its just another statement they can use to try and persuade people. I predict this wont be the last disrespectful stunt they use to try and win people over. I appreciate that they don't want a football stadium near there house but firstly the manner that they have slated the club and the plans have been rude in my opinion (from the comments in the GET) and it is 800 metres away from Weelsby avenue which seems  most of the angry residents are from.  Are they seriously expecting us to roll over and just give up?
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, July 25, 2014, 12:29am; Reply: 10
As long as there isn't any direct access to the proposed new ground via Weelsby Avenue I cannot see why the locals should object.They have had funeral traffic and school traffic to Wintringham for the last 60 years plus the little Council depot and the allotment users .Has anyone actually seen the proposed road layouts and can comment?
Posted by: gaz57, July 25, 2014, 1:08am; Reply: 11
I challenge Mr DeFreitas to condemn these appalling actions.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 25, 2014, 2:17am; Reply: 12
Absolutely disgusting...

I went to a family funeral just over a month ago at the crem, I didn't see it happening then?  Good job as well, because the person who passed away was a regular home supporter at GTFC, and so was a few of the mourners.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 25, 2014, 9:32am; Reply: 13
wow, just wow
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 25, 2014, 9:35am; Reply: 14
Hope there is photographic evidence etc as this would invalidate their argument against the fenty arena surely. And wouldn't it be funny if all of this went back to councillor de fruity ar5e
Posted by: RichMariner, July 25, 2014, 9:45am; Reply: 15
"Mr DeFreitas, there have been comments made online about local residents asking people at Grimsby Crematorium to sign the petition against GTFC's proposed new stadium, directly after a funeral service. What are your thoughts on this, and how do you respond to that?"

Any journalist worth their salt should maybe think about putting this question to the councillor.
Posted by: RoboCod, July 25, 2014, 10:03am; Reply: 16
Town should seize on this. Not the nicest of things to drag into an argument but let's be honest the opposition rabble would do this if the other way round, and with vigour.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 25, 2014, 10:38am; Reply: 17
this is in one word digusting, oh i hope it goes ahead now, how dare they disrupt a funeral to spout their crap, awful insulting disgusting behavious
Posted by: pontoonlew, July 25, 2014, 1:29pm; Reply: 18
Hope this gets publicity because it's absolutely disgusting.
Posted by: misterx, July 25, 2014, 3:56pm; Reply: 19
If this is true it is bloody (hope that word was ok )disgraceful!!.  And it makes my blood boil that they would bother mourners at a funeral.  I have contacted the Telegraph about this.  Others please do the same and they may take notice!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 25, 2014, 4:01pm; Reply: 20
It's all well and good contacting the telegraph. But will it get published in the same view as what Percy  thrower and the blue peter garden worshippers get??? Every time I see JF speaking about the proposed site, the telegraph never seem to give it as much gusto as the green giant brigade.

I wonder if any of them sell their fruit and veg that we can somehow get into the news of the world for evading tax ;)
Posted by: oldun, July 25, 2014, 5:30pm; Reply: 21
The last time I attended the crem there were a couple guys at a table trying to get signatures against the stadium. I think they were allotment holders. I did not get any details as I was with my wife and she is not interested in football or GTFC and opposes the stadium development at that location! Is it worth a divorce to get involved? Mmmm. At least she did not sign their petition which was good enough for me.
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 25, 2014, 5:32pm; Reply: 22
This is truly abhorrent, to gate crash a funeral where people are grieving to try and get a hand full of signatures to further their course is as cold as it gets.  These signature collectors are callous, self fish, are showing total disregard to the dead and they should be named and shamed, they are lower than a snakes belly.

The new ground will not impinge on people grieving and will not affect the crematorium from operating as it should.
Posted by: Belfast Town, July 25, 2014, 5:46pm; Reply: 23
Any #GTFC fans wish to speak about the issue raised on The Fishy about the stadium opposition? Please DM me for contact details.

@GTSamKinnaird
Posted by: RexFannies, July 26, 2014, 2:03pm; Reply: 24
I have seen them there twice in the last 3 months...I'm not a funeral dweller just getting on a bit so you tend to go to more.

I was going to have a word on the way out but they had gone by then. Just their little table and book left behind, i wish i had pinched it now.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 26, 2014, 2:50pm; Reply: 25
If this was the opposite way around and some Grimsby Town fan or official person from the club was at the Crematorium trying to leech mourners to sign the petition, it would be all over the front pages of the Grimsby Telegraph, negative things is the only time Grimsby Town football club is on the front pages i.e. football violence etc, chicken wing gate saga etc etc.

If this is true, and by the comments made it appears to be, why don't the Grimsby Telegraph name and shame these twits going to the Crematorium while people are in deep grievance over their loved ones and stick it on the front page of the Grimsby Telegraph!, it's totally disgusting, and as low as you can possibly get, sick *****!

How low can you ******* get!
Posted by: bluebottle, July 26, 2014, 5:10pm; Reply: 26
Was at the crem' today taking flowers to my mums grave. I parked and there was  a small table set up on the crem' car park with the petition against the stadium along side a letter begging for signatures, can they sink lower?.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 27, 2014, 11:40am; Reply: 27
Whoever is down there next, please get photographic proof. Then let social media have a field day
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 27, 2014, 12:30pm; Reply: 28
Exposing how low they have gone will tarnish the NO vote and those associated with it.  If you were in the no camp would you want to be linked with how cold these people are acting.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:56pm