Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 26, 2014, 6:09pm
For another future of The Fishy thread.

The question is: Now you know that Mr Fenty has nothing better to do than read the rantings of the mindless buffoons  fans that dare to question his judgement, will it affect the way you post on this forum?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 26, 2014, 6:13pm; Reply: 1
not at all
John has done a lot for this club when others have walked away but question him on his errors or judgment and he will tell you it wasn't my decision it was a board decision.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 26, 2014, 6:32pm; Reply: 2
Why should it affect what you post?

Providing you give an honest opinion and "you get your facts right" and above all don't resort to personal crusades against other posters, avoiding insults along the way, I don't see any problems

Some might see this as sitting on the fence but you can still express yourself about the club, the board, the team, the manager and the players without resorting to potentially libellous posts

When all's said and done we all come on here because we have GTFC in common and in our hearts.....we might not agree with the path we need to take to get to a better place, but I'm sure we all have the right intentions, from JF himself to those who don't value his undeniable influence on our destiny

UTM  GTID
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 26, 2014, 6:37pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The question is: Now you know that Mr Fenty has nothing better to do than read the rantings of the mindless buffoons  fans that dare to question his judgement, will it affect the way you post on this forum?

Yes it will effect the way I post,

I will stop defending him from now on,

The reason I always ( or mostly ) stood up for John is I thought he was unfair to keep calling him and he had no right to reply,

Now we know he too is a fellow poster on here,

I will let him defend himself. :)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 26, 2014, 6:41pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Why should it affect what you post?

Providing you give an honest opinion and "you get your facts right" and above all don't resort to personal crusades against other posters, avoiding insults along the way, I don't see any problems

Some might see this as sitting on the fence but you can still express yourself about the club, the board, the team, the manager and the players without resorting to potentially libellous posts

When all's said and done we all come on here because we have GTFC in common and in our hearts.....we might not agree with the path we need to take to get to a better place, but I'm sure we all have the right intentions, from JF himself to those who don't value his undeniable influence on our destiny

UTM  GTID

Very well said Tim!

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 26, 2014, 6:44pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Very well said Tim!

Cheers Chris....you creep! :P
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 26, 2014, 6:45pm; Reply: 6

I agree  ;D
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 26, 2014, 6:49pm; Reply: 7

You are a top contributor to the fishy Tim and i do mean that, you post very reasoned posts and also have a good sense of humour.  ;D
Posted by: Garth, July 26, 2014, 6:50pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Did you really think that he has not been reading this forum for some time without contributing, like wise Paul Hurst and almost everyone else connected with the club including the players, its an open forum for reading and most of the posters can correspond on here without resorting to personal attacks.
Opinions are varied and differ, but everyone has the chance to express there`s and long may it continue.
So in answer to your question above, for the greater majority of posters,  no it won`t affect the way they post on here if they are like me.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 26, 2014, 6:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from cmackenzie4

You are a top contributor to the fishy Tim and i do mean that, you post very reasoned posts and also have a good sense of humour.  ;D

I agree Tim is a top poster,

BUT

You are still a creep Chris  ;D ;D

For the ones who do not know,

I can call Chris because he is a mate(bringiton)(fishfish)(smash)(stickfight)(ok)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 26, 2014, 7:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What's been going mate ? Have I missed something ?
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 26, 2014, 7:03pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jonnyboy82

What's been going mate ? Have I missed something ?

Getyourfactsright ( poster ) is John Fenty
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 26, 2014, 7:05pm; Reply: 12
who are you ( post )
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 26, 2014, 7:10pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from promotion plaice
who are you ( post )

I am me and have always have been,

Now I am a has been.(wheelchair)(wine)
Posted by: ackomariner, July 26, 2014, 7:10pm; Reply: 14
No won't stop me at all, never slated the man, but have said ph should've gone last season along with the striker that plays up front, but isn't in the team to score goals ;)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 26, 2014, 7:47pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from grimsby pete

oh well intercourse me  ;D
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 26, 2014, 7:48pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ackomariner
No won't stop me at all, never slated the man, but have said ph should've gone last season along with the striker that plays up front, but isn't in the team to score goals ;)

agree but yet again what the intercourse do we know  ;)

Posted by: Maringer, July 26, 2014, 8:27pm; Reply: 17
It won't change anything I post, because I like to talk about the football I see on the pitch, not any potential squabbling in the boardroom or amongst the fans.
Posted by: Caesar, July 27, 2014, 10:15am; Reply: 18
I hope it will change very little about the way people post, except maybe help keep a tighter line between criticism and childish demands for him to spend money like an Abramovich.

I am not surprised Fenty reads this forum, I am surprised he posts but respect that he cares that much.  With someone pointing out that Hurst and playing staff may read this I do feel the need to add a plea:

Please do everything in your power to make this our last season here!  IMO you will go down as legends if you achieve that! UTM
Posted by: MrsMariner, July 27, 2014, 11:09am; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete

How do we know this is true, any of us could say we are JF, except me perhaps, he's not going to call himself Mrs Mariner now is he!
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2014, 11:21am; Reply: 20
Quoted from MrsMariner

How do we know this is true, any of us could say we are JF, except me perhaps, he's not going to call himself Mrs Mariner now is he!

Grim Rob has confirmed this is true,
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 27, 2014, 1:44pm; Reply: 21
I know there is a lot of divided opinion on JF. A good mate has had it out with him (not literally) a couple of times, and I can see where he is coming from when making his point. Having chatted to the messiah I've found him just the same as everyone of us, a Supporter of the team/club.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:31am