Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, July 28, 2014, 8:35pm
Sorry guys, I will await the expected flak for starting this thread...I think we will get Connell on the cheap(ish), cos he may not get fixed up.
Posted by: KK_DOG, July 28, 2014, 8:55pm; Reply: 1
Hope your right but prepare for the Connell bashers if you are.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), July 28, 2014, 8:58pm; Reply: 2
I reckon it will be Connell as well. We want a goal scorer and he would fit the bill.
Posted by: mariner91, July 28, 2014, 9:01pm; Reply: 3
Connell with a quick player (Pittman) would be interesting. Stretching the defence to give Alan more space would provide a lot of goals IMO.
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, July 28, 2014, 9:03pm; Reply: 4
Some may think thats our squad complete.

Personally i hope we get another striker, even if only a loan deal. Hannah ,LJL and Pittman....I dont think that is enough.( i know Arnold could play down the middle though)

Connell was good in his last spell at the club but is he past his best?? does he fit into our style??

Is the Omar Bogle thing definately over ???

Posted by: 1739 (Guest), July 28, 2014, 9:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from mariner91
Connell with a quick player (Pittman) would be interesting. Stretching the defence to give Alan more space would provide a lot of goals IMO.

He scored 29 goals last time with Duffy/ Peacock along side him. And a midfield of Coulson , Hudson, Cummins, Eagle. And wood and Ridley at wing backs. I can confidently say he would get better service this time around with this team.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 28, 2014, 9:50pm; Reply: 6
Alan didn't need service last time!
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 28, 2014, 9:54pm; Reply: 7
Who ever we sign, some on here will slag them off.
Posted by: chaos33, July 28, 2014, 10:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
Who ever we sign, some on here will slag them off.

Stop being so negative Pete. Get behind your fellow fans.  ;) 8)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), July 28, 2014, 10:06pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from mariner91

I doubt we'd ever find out as LJL appears to be the first name on the teamsheet. I reckon it's LJL and A.Nother.
Posted by: GYmonkey, July 28, 2014, 10:07pm; Reply: 10
Connell would be an excellent signing for us, should hit the ground running as he already knows the club/set up and the extra pace in the team around him should (if used correctly) put the opposition team on the back foot

Here's hoping anyway
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 28, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 11
Alan is a real footballer,

I think he could fit into any formation we might play,

BUT

If he does come back , do not expect him to score 20+ goals ,

He would be a good signing though.
Posted by: fiveallive, July 28, 2014, 10:48pm; Reply: 12
Don't know about Alan Connell couldn't wait to leave us southern softy, then eventually signed for Bradford which isn't to far away. He also turned us down and signed for Northampton so the answer is no for signing him.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, July 28, 2014, 11:16pm; Reply: 13
I would be really pleased with Connell - even though I'm not sure he would be the force he once was
He would be playing non league though, and he is a class act in and around the box
It would be a big lift for everyone I think... it would seem to make the squad a lot stronger and would be a 'name' to finish off the summer signings
Suddenly we would be stronger in all departments compared to last season IMO

I respect the posters who don't want Connell back - yes, you read correctly, a poster on here actually respects those who disagree with him - but I feel it would be worth a punt especially as we seem to have missed out on a few exciting possible signings

Having said all that I don't think it will happen!
Posted by: kevikov, July 28, 2014, 11:34pm; Reply: 14
I think it would be a bit odd, i kind of think he'd see it as a last resort type of deal. Can't say i believe his heart would be in it either. Having said that his goals were a joy to watch and would be again. I tend to agree with a lot of posters on here who believe with better service and faster forward play that Hannah and Pittman will both thrive anyway.
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 9:46pm