Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, July 28, 2014, 10:09pm
He would urine this tin pot league just like he has in Ireland. Plus he still classes himself as a town fan and wouldn't have a problem moving to the area.

Seriously let's try sign him.

(Sorry forza but I mean it)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 28, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 1
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

??).    M. M.        ??).             ??)
Posted by: forza ivano, July 28, 2014, 10:14pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
He would urine this tin pot league just like he has in Ireland. Plus he still classes himself as a town fan and wouldn't have a problem moving to the area.

Seriously let's try sign him.

(Sorry forza but I mean it)

Yippee! It's a Danny north thread. Time to play Danny north bingo!  ;D
Words to cross off include over rated, macdonalds, potential, goalscorer, local lad, overweight, useless, great,
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 28, 2014, 10:15pm; Reply: 3
Banging in the goals in the Irish top division, I wonder what the equivalent is in terms of English leagues...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gurnvRC.png[/img]
Posted by: 75 (Guest), July 28, 2014, 10:19pm; Reply: 4
I also think he'd urine this league.
Posted by: forza ivano, July 28, 2014, 10:21pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Banging in the goals in the Irish top division, I wonder what the equivalent is in terms of English leagues...

If you look at the resources,the gates and the players I'd say its on a par with div 2 or top conference
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 28, 2014, 10:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 75
I also think he'd urine this league.
I reckon he would as well.
Posted by: mariner91, July 28, 2014, 10:26pm; Reply: 7
I've thought for a while he'd piss this league.
Posted by: pontoonlew, July 28, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 8
Hopefully FFS will show up soon.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), July 28, 2014, 10:29pm; Reply: 9
Elding scored 12 in 9 games according to soccerbase. This makes me think it is a lot worse than the conference.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, July 29, 2014, 1:04am; Reply: 10
just seen a peter bore thread that basically said the same, can't wait till the season starts. utm
Posted by: mariner2000, July 29, 2014, 4:11am; Reply: 11
North    jesus we must be desperate.  Hurry up PH and sign someone as we are clearly getting delusional on here.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 29, 2014, 8:48am; Reply: 12
Quoted from mariner2000
North    jesus we must be desperate.  Hurry up PH and sign someone as we are clearly getting delusional on here.

Perhaps disillusioned would be more like it.

Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, July 29, 2014, 8:54am; Reply: 13
He is worth a punt!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 29, 2014, 9:01am; Reply: 14
No.  He had a poor attitude when he was here and did not make the most of the chances given to him.
Posted by: wigworld, July 29, 2014, 9:02am; Reply: 15
Didn't he train with us a couple of pre-seasons ago? I would have though he'd have been offered a contract if the management thought he was worth it and he wanted to come.
Posted by: Garth, July 29, 2014, 9:10am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I reckon he would as well.

Me too, A lot more game time/experience since he went, who could honestly say he would not score in this league,water under the bridge now though
Posted by: psgmariner, July 29, 2014, 9:10am; Reply: 17
He has made it quite clear he still loves the club and has proven in his time in Ireland what a good player he is. I bet he has grown up a lot since moving away as well.

For me he would be the only possible "hairs on the back of your neck" signing I could think of. Far rather him than Connel or Bogle.
Posted by: Garth, July 29, 2014, 9:30am; Reply: 18
Quoted from psgmariner
He has made it quite clear he still loves the club and has proven in his time in Ireland what a good player he is. I bet he has grown up a lot since moving away as well.

For me he would be the only possible "hairs on the back of your neck" signing I could think of. Far rather him than Connel or Bogle.

Would put a few bums on seats out of curiosity, for a while anyway ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, July 29, 2014, 12:38pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from wigworld
Didn't he train with us a couple of pre-seasons ago? I would have though he'd have been offered a contract if the management thought he was worth it and he wanted to come.

But the Irish season's through the summer isn't it?
Posted by: acko338, July 29, 2014, 12:40pm; Reply: 20
Half way through now - Sligo are just above mid table, I think!

Sorry, just looked - 5th !

No Anthony Elding in their squad this year ??
Posted by: Abdul19, July 29, 2014, 12:55pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from acko338
Half way through now - Sligo are just above mid table, I think!

Sorry, just looked - 5th !

No Anthony Elding in their squad this year ??

He's moved north (you didn't expect him to stick around did you? ;)). Ballinamallard United according to Wiki (after a 2 game spell at Cork).

He scored 19 in 26 for Sligo though, which whilst impressive, probably gives an indicator of the standard.
Posted by: Dan, July 29, 2014, 1:13pm; Reply: 22
Good lad, I'd have him back.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 29, 2014, 1:46pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
He is worth a punt!

I see what you did there MDT! EUR only winding people up surely?   ;)

To be sure though I'd argue he's worth quite a bit of wonga if he could carry on in the same vein of scoring once in every 3 games or so....

Posted by: Paris Mariner, July 29, 2014, 1:51pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

It is pretty similar at the top end of the division - Dundalk play lovely football. He's had two major injuries while at Sligo though and currently makes a lot of his appearances from the bench due to fitness. It should be noted that Sligo have had a very good few seasons over the last fews years but are way off the pace this season (11 points behind 4th).

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 29, 2014, 1:53pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Paris Mariner

It is pretty similar at the top end of the division - Dundalk play lovely football. He's had two major injuries while at Sligo though and currently makes a lot of his appearances from the bench due to fitness. It should be noted that Sligo have had a very good few seasons over the last fews years but are way off the pace this season (11 points behind 4th).

Now they're out of Europe though they can "concentrate on the league"  ;)
Posted by: monkeyboy, July 29, 2014, 3:41pm; Reply: 26
i would have him back, thought he was in a very poor woods team and may prosper in a better quality team which we have now.
and yes i think we are much better than the team that went down, if we was now league 2 we would not struggle.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, July 29, 2014, 7:47pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Now they're out of Europe though they can "concentrate on the league"  ;)
To be fair, they ran Rosenborg to the wire. It was great effort and Northy chipped in with a couple of goals over the two legs to his credit.

Posted by: jungleland, July 29, 2014, 7:59pm; Reply: 28
Yeah have to say I would welcome him back he bag more than lennie
Posted by: Biccys, July 29, 2014, 8:17pm; Reply: 29
Danny has asked me to let you know he's only had one bad injury and he doesn't make most of his appearances from the bench.... :)
Posted by: nightrider, July 29, 2014, 8:24pm; Reply: 30
Needs a bigger bra

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/north-on-double-for-sligo-30127994.html
Posted by: Abdul19, July 29, 2014, 8:25pm; Reply: 31
Can't do this to the Auto Windscreens Shield!

IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 29, 2014, 8:33pm; Reply: 32
Wouldn't matter if it was that big Abdul, he's still a ging!
Posted by: forza ivano, July 29, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from nightrider

Oh dear.thats not terribly flattering. Cue comments on happy meals etc
Posted by: Paris Mariner, July 30, 2014, 7:11pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Biccys
Danny has asked me to let you know he's only had one bad injury and he doesn't make most of his appearances from the bench.... :)

Fair enough. I thought he'd done his leg twice. My mistake. I'll be seeing him play Friday as Sligo travel to my current local team St. Pats.

Posted by: forza ivano, July 30, 2014, 11:31pm; Reply: 35
Did you go to the legia Warsaw match Paris?
What was the standard like? Many there? Did legia bring much support? Any decent players on show?
So many questions.......
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 1, 2014, 1:43pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from forza ivano
Did you go to the legia Warsaw match Paris?
What was the standard like? Many there? Did legia bring much support? Any decent players on show?
So many questions.......

I couldn't get a ticket in the end. I was replying on a shift swap from work initially (which didn't materialise) so didn't buy a ticket when they were a plenty and then on the day they let me go at 4pm and it sold out at 3pm. I just watched it on Setanta.

It was 1-0, therefore 1-2 on aggregate, until 65 minutes and I thought Pats did well to keep it that way fro so long. Keith Fahey is the stand out player for Pats but they have a great attacking midfielder in Forrester as well. Forrester and Ritchie Towell (Dundalk) are two players I'd like to see Town go for. Good, tricky attacking midfielders who get you goals from all over. Legia were always in second gear and when the searing heat began to fatigue Pats they stepped it up and killed the tie off. They had 7 internationals playing. St. Pats can't compete with that in fairness and the Celtic result on Wednesday put their first leg 1-1 draw and overall tie result into perspective. Legia also missed two penalties v Celtic.

The standard in Ireland is actually quite good. The top sides all play, or have the philosophy of, playing football the right way and there are some tidy players. The big match tonight sees Cork host Dundalk in second v first down. And 3rd (Pats) also play 5th (North's Sligo) so it's a good weekend to tune in.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 2, 2014, 11:27am; Reply: 37
Very harsh red card for Northy last night I thought. His team probably could have had a shout for a draw but they only really created to clear cut chances. St. Pats do their best to keep the pressure on Dundalk.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 6:35pm