Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, July 30, 2014, 3:59pm
TELFORD, England (July 30 2014) – Vanarama.co.uk, the market disrupting van leasing business is the new title sponsor of the Football Conference.

Guess that's a typo in the opening line. Market "disrupting"?

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=13030
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 30, 2014, 4:19pm; Reply: 1
I really really hate the person responsible for the league's PR (and terrible twitter account)
Posted by: psgmariner, July 30, 2014, 4:22pm; Reply: 2
Colin Peake I think. Linked to FGR.
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 30, 2014, 4:38pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from psgmariner
Colin Peake I think. Linked to FGR.

He makes Fenty look good at public relations!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 30, 2014, 5:42pm; Reply: 4
so players getting their team promoted from this league will be awarded VC medals? Seems appropriate.
Posted by: acko338, July 30, 2014, 8:04pm; Reply: 5
No proof reader, then !

I would be asking for some money back if I was the Vanarama MD !!
Posted by: pizzzza, July 30, 2014, 8:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from psgmariner
TELFORD, England (July 30 2014) – Vanarama.co.uk, the market disrupting van leasing business is the new title sponsor of the Football Conference.

Guess that's a typo in the opening line. Market "disrupting"?

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=13030

If you disrupt a market it's a good thing (for the company that's doing the disrupting that is). It means coming in at the lower end and 'disrupting' the existing businesses. Therefore not a typo in this case.
Posted by: fiveallive, July 30, 2014, 8:36pm; Reply: 7
Hate then Vanarama adverts.
Posted by: RichMariner, July 30, 2014, 10:25pm; Reply: 8
It's about time Vauxhall get back in on the act. It's remarkable how many people (tongue-in-cheek and otherwise) still call it the Vauxhall Conference.

Seriously, they should do it. They're already sponsors of the England national team and by sponsoring the 'premier' non-league division it would show their understanding - and importance - of grass roots football.

At a time when Dyke and his cronies are looking to improve the fortunes of the national side, a statement like this from one of their sponsors might show them the way i.e. Vauxhall knows where the future lies.

Dare I say it, but it could be a good piece of PR for them. But it'll have to wait 12 months now!
Posted by: JMT, July 30, 2014, 10:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from RichMariner
It's about time Vauxhall get back in on the act. It's remarkable how many people (tongue-in-cheek and otherwise) still call it the Vauxhall Conference.

Seriously, they should do it. They're already sponsors of the England national team and by sponsoring the 'premier' non-league division it would show their understanding - and importance - of grass roots football.

At a time when Dyke and his cronies are looking to improve the fortunes of the national side, a statement like this from one of their sponsors might show them the way i.e. Vauxhall knows where the future lies.

Dare I say it, but it could be a good piece of PR for them. But it'll have to wait 12 months now!

Vanarama have got a 3 season contract...

Posted by: Abdul19, July 30, 2014, 10:50pm; Reply: 10
So did Skrill.(...)
Posted by: Meza, July 31, 2014, 8:42am; Reply: 11
Do we get anything out of this i.e. sponsorship money or does the conference get it all.
Posted by: bax, July 31, 2014, 9:21am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Meza
Do we get anything out of this i.e. sponsorship money or does the conference get it all.

We do get something. I think the last deal was worth about £20k per club if I recollect.

Posted by: RoboCod, July 31, 2014, 9:39am; Reply: 13
You'd think at least they'd give all of us clubs a van.
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 9:52pm