Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chrissy, July 30, 2014, 10:39pm
What sport have you been watching during the close season ?

World Cup

Tour De France

Wimbledon

Test Cricket

Formula 1

Commonwealth  Games

Another Sport
Posted by: pizzzza, July 30, 2014, 10:45pm; Reply: 1
All of the above.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 30, 2014, 10:51pm; Reply: 2
Also all the above apart from Formula 1. And to be honest, once the TDF had left England I sort of forgot it was on!
Posted by: misterx, July 30, 2014, 10:51pm; Reply: 3
Not a lot lol
Posted by: LH, July 30, 2014, 11:24pm; Reply: 4
World Cup, Commonwealth Games and The Open. It's the first time in years I've not watched any cricket.
Posted by: mariner91, July 30, 2014, 11:53pm; Reply: 5
Wimbledon, World Cup, The Open and a bit of the cricket. Trying to get into F1 but I just can't.
Posted by: northbankmariner, July 31, 2014, 7:45am; Reply: 6
Have watched pretty much all I can, love all sports but test match cricket bores the pants off me. Currently watching a few lesser sports at the commonwealth games and giving the athletics a miss, everything from skeet shooting, squash judo, even the netball, but that may be for other reasons lol. I don't have sky so this summer has been great for sport without having to pay daft money to watch it on tv.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 31, 2014, 10:44am; Reply: 7
This summer, I have mostly been eating radishes
Posted by: gary_elton, July 31, 2014, 10:48am; Reply: 8
none... is it August 9th yet ???
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, July 31, 2014, 12:15pm; Reply: 9
i am a keen cyclist so i watch most of the major events on Eurosport etc so watched the TDF though sadly Britains main 2 guys Cavendish and Froome crashed out early on.

I did watch a bit of the World Cup of course.

I usually go to trent Bridge or Headingley or Old Trafford to watch the international cricket but didnt go this year so i watched just the odd channel 5 highlights.

Not into motor sports or tennis and have not really watched much Commonwealth games.

I am keen on North American sports so watch loads of baseball (i subscribe to service that shows every game live-almost 2500 games - no i dont watch every one!)

It will soon be time for the NFL and NHL seasons to begin as well. I am going to Wembley in November to watch the Jaguars v Cowboys game. i will support anybody that is playing against Dallas.

So i get plenty of sports fixes over the summer but i must say i am itching for the football season to start.

Posted by: Dan, July 31, 2014, 12:19pm; Reply: 10
I love F1 much more than football. I don't really like football at all apart from Grimsby. This has been the best F1 season in recent memory, so if you are thinking about getting into it, it's a great time.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 31, 2014, 12:20pm; Reply: 11
All of the above in the first post - bar cricket. Commonwealth Games have been very good with many home nations successes. There is a lot of potential for the future at tougher competitions.  

Also taken part in race-walking races (around England) over different distances.  
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 6:37am