Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 19, 2014, 3:23pm
are we still sat miles away from the pitch even though there wont be any newcastle or sunderland fans ?
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 19, 2014, 3:43pm; Reply: 1
We should be in the side stand to the right of the one we were in for the play-offs.

That's where we have been everytime we played them during the usual season.

It's still a fair way from the pitch, but not quite as far.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 19, 2014, 4:51pm; Reply: 2
How about a sweepstake to guess which row Magnay deposits Rodwell ?   LOL

It's a long way from the pitch but I will goe for Row E.   ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Maringer, August 19, 2014, 5:06pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
How about a sweepstake to guess which row Magnay deposits Rodwell ?   LOL

He'll do bloody well to deposit a Sunderland player into the stands from Gateshead!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 19, 2014, 5:06pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Maringer

He'll do bloody well to deposit and injured Everton player in the stands from Gateshead!

;D
Posted by: Maringer, August 19, 2014, 5:07pm; Reply: 5
Corrected to say Sunderland! It was a ninja edit as soon as I saw what I had written!
Posted by: Teestogreen, August 21, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 6
Anyway - I feel compelled to take a look at this game on Saturday.

When Alan Buckley first took charge of the Mariners, it took till around November to start picking up real points with the likes of Mark Lever, Andy Tillsen, John Cockerill  and Keith Alexender bedding in (all from non league teams) ( I believe Alan only had 7 footballers at the club when he was appointed) - we improved. I know Alan did fantastically well from this position.

And I know that  Paul Hurst is a capable manager - as he has proved in the last couple of years. He came with Rob Scott as a management duo that had been successful in lower divisions.

Once Rob Scott was forced to part company (probably for hurling negatives at pony tail linesmen that came back to patrol us at Gateshead) - then a vital part of the duo (in terms of motivation) had been removed.

Chris Doig is now the Assistant Manager apparently, so presumably he is included in any match day on field activities.

Hopefully, the  match officials will be more relaxed against us on Saturday,  Town having  taken their predecessors unacceptable decisions on the chin.
Posted by: chaos33, August 21, 2014, 10:07pm; Reply: 7
(helpsmilie) You've lost me....??
Posted by: Teestogreen, August 21, 2014, 10:10pm; Reply: 8
Nooo! Your're in Boroughbridge.
Posted by: chaos33, August 21, 2014, 10:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Teestogreen
Nooo! Your're in Boroughbridge.

Hehe....not quite, but very close. How did you know?
Posted by: Teestogreen, August 21, 2014, 10:35pm; Reply: 10
Good memory - you said so some while back. Would be good to meet up as Grimsby fans.
Posted by: sapper mariner, August 22, 2014, 8:03am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
are we still sat miles away from the pitch even though there wont be any newcastle or sunderland fans ?

There might be a few of them.

Gateshead FC @GatesheadFC  ·  Aug 20
8 goals in 3 games and this Saturday @NUFC S/T holders can see us score against Grimsby for only £10! Come & cheer us to another win! #NUFC

same for Sunderland
Posted by: moosey_club, August 22, 2014, 9:35am; Reply: 12
Quoted from sapper mariner

There might be a few of them.

Gateshead FC @GatesheadFC  ·  Aug 20
8 goals in 3 games and this Saturday @NUFC S/T holders can see us score against Grimsby for only £10! Come & cheer us to another win! #NUFC

same for Sunderland

They should be arrested for kerb crawling, pathetic b@stards, "if you support someone else you can come and watch us a bit cheaper".

As a p1ss take we should offer the same discount in the Osmond to any S.T.H supporter of another club when they come here.  
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 1:08pm