Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Garth, August 19, 2014, 10:17pm
Can see him being recalled back to Scunny after their latest defence showing tonight
Posted by: Abdul19, August 19, 2014, 10:20pm; Reply: 1
Is Boyce anywhere near their 1st team? 23 minutes across 2 sub appearances so far.

Don't think they can recall him though.
Posted by: Maringer, August 19, 2014, 10:23pm; Reply: 2
Six goals conceded and none scored in two home games - and we think we've got problems!

If Boyce was to be recalled, we ought to be OK now with Pearson, Nsiala and Doig all fit.

That said, if you assume Magnay would be the next covering central defender, we might then need a replacement for Thomas after all!
Posted by: RoboCod, August 19, 2014, 10:27pm; Reply: 3
What's with the Iron Bru site? Went on there to see who's blaming who/how long the manager has left only to find the threads on there have about 4-5 replies at best. Has there been some major meltdown I've missed?

Very odd.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, August 19, 2014, 11:39pm; Reply: 4
Think they signed a defender yesterday plus have Waterfall out on loan as well. Thought he played really well at BP in cup last year.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 19, 2014, 11:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from RoboCod
What's with the Iron Bru site? Went on there to see who's blaming who/how long the manager has left only to find the threads on there have about 4-5 replies at best. Has there been some major meltdown I've missed?

Very odd.

Everybody's probably fed up of that fans64 character
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 19, 2014, 11:48pm; Reply: 6
2600 at Glanford Park tonight. That is really poor even if it is against Fleetwood.
Posted by: Mariner_501, August 20, 2014, 12:27am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
Six goals conceded and none scored in two home games - and we think we've got problems!

If Boyce was to be recalled, we ought to be OK now with Pearson, Nsiala and Doig all fit.

That said, if you assume Magnay would be the next covering central defender, we might then need a replacement for Thomas after all!

League 1... Conference...
Posted by: Mariner21, August 20, 2014, 7:52am; Reply: 8
Exactly 501!!
Posted by: Maringer, August 20, 2014, 8:02am; Reply: 9
So Scunny are bottom of their League after three defeats, but that doesn't count because they are higher up the pyramid than us?

Strange viewpoint as you can only play in the League in which you are competing.

Does anybody seriously think the Scunny fans will be thinking, "Oh we may be bottom of the table, losing every game this season, but at least we're two divisions higher than Grimsby"?

Any Scunny fan that is thinking this is a bloody idiot.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 20, 2014, 12:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Maringer
So Scunny are bottom of their League after three defeats, but that doesn't count because they are higher up the pyramid than us?

Strange viewpoint as you can only play in the League in which you are competing.

Does anybody seriously think the Scunny fans will be thinking, "Oh we may be bottom of the table, losing every game this season, but at least we're two divisions higher than Grimsby"?

Funny you should say that. When we got battered 8-1 at Hartlepool I definitely remember thinking, 'oh well, at least we're not in the Conference' and I immediately cheered up and walked out of the ground chuckling.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 20, 2014, 12:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Maringer

Well I'd far rather be bottom of League 1 (with a new stadium on the way) than in the poxy Bananarama Premier shithole!
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 23, 2014, 1:12am; Reply: 12
Oh gawd !  

So what are we really saying here then ?
Anyone thinking about the past is always gonna be hacked off regardless of whether we're winning in the Conference ?

Quick !
Someone tell Hurst to dip into the market for that missing time machine or magic wand that gets us there right NOW !  

Me ?
I want to pull a sexy stunner at the weekend (like I used to decades ago) but accept it's none too easy.
Still, I don't feel sorry for myself thinking about better times of the past either.
Just gotta accept things, brush myself down and try and get on with it...
We live in hope !
Posted by: supertown, August 23, 2014, 2:31am; Reply: 13
If we buck up we could be in the same division next season :)
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), August 23, 2014, 6:18am; Reply: 14
Maybe we will be !
What's this magic solution we're missing ?
Hurst out = new man in = promotion ?
Can't say it's impossible but not yet convinced how or why it would probably be any better.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 23, 2014, 6:20am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19

Funny you should say that. When we got battered 8-1 at Hartlepool I definitely remember thinking, 'oh well, at least we're not in the Conference' and I immediately cheered up and walked out of the ground chuckling.

;D

This post made me chuckle too, good work Abdul.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 4:37pm