Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 31, 2014, 1:20am
Can anyone give me a review of the BT tv , landline  and sky . Just need any thoughts of the tv mainly ,
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 31, 2014, 4:11pm; Reply: 1
Very good coverage of the conference ,

38 Live Prem games mainly on a Saturday at 12 45,

Loads of Rugby and European footy.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 31, 2014, 11:14pm; Reply: 2
Ha ha just looked at my OP from last night . Due to the state I was in at 12.20 am it doesn't make a lot of sense . Just to clear it up I've had enough of shite service from sky even tho I give them £90 a month for tv broadband and phone line . Looking for an alternative and wanted to know what BT tv , broadband speed is etc. . Ta
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 1, 2014, 7:56am; Reply: 3
I have the full package from Virgin, I am also very happy with it.
The broadband service cannot be beaten in this area by any other, but it depends if you are connected by their broadband cable.
I have 50M speed and it is brilliant.
Tele and phone is also good to be honest.
And I pay a lot less than £90 pm, even though I have the sky sports package with them as well.
Posted by: pizzzza, September 1, 2014, 9:01am; Reply: 4
Call Virgin, tell them your thinking about leaving Sky and they will offer you a great deal. If you're in one of their cabled areas speed is great.
Posted by: Biccys, September 1, 2014, 10:51am; Reply: 5
I didn't rate the Virgin TV services at my previous house. The TiVo box was appallingly slow and crashed all the time. Phone, never used it. Broadband was pretty good though, I'll give them that. Pretty faultless actually. Damn shame the new house I just bought isn't cabled up or I'd not have to sell me sould to the Devil (metaphorically) to have any decent TV service. Don't have Sky Sports though, out of principle.
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 1, 2014, 5:32pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Biccys
I didn't rate the Virgin TV services at my previous house. The TiVo box was appallingly slow and crashed all the time. Phone, never used it. Broadband was pretty good though, I'll give them that. Pretty faultless actually. Damn shame the new house I just bought isn't cabled up or I'd not have to sell me sould to the Devil (metaphorically) to have any decent TV service. Don't have Sky Sports though, out of principle.

What principle is that ?
Posted by: gobby, September 4, 2014, 8:11am; Reply: 7
Use to have Virgin, could not fault tv or phone but broadband needed rebooting everyday so moved to Sky, pay £62 for broadband, phone and tv (not movies).  8)
UTMM
Posted by: moosey_club, September 4, 2014, 9:29am; Reply: 8
Quoted from gobby
Use to have Virgin, could not fault tv or phone but broadband needed rebooting everyday so moved to Sky, pay £62 for broadband, phone and tv (not movies).  8)
UTMM

broadband needs rebooting at least everyday, several times a day in fact by and large but have no idea what it is connected to...could be twine for all i know (noob)
Posted by: Rick12, September 23, 2014, 12:57pm; Reply: 9
Cant comment on the tv but watching football on the internet since upgrading to BT infinity its quality.Watching the football now on the laptop is dvd like quality. With the old broadband kept slipping and was grainy now hardly any probs.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 8:46pm