Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jock dock tower, February 28, 2015, 9:57am
Would love to see Town win by 5 or 6 today to send out a very strong message that the title is anything but a forgone conclusion. It's possible, but probably unlikely, but such a result would build so positively on the last two games and maybe build up the kind of momentum that someone always does in this league, at this time of year. 'Mon the Town.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 28, 2015, 12:09pm; Reply: 1
If we were ruthless in front of goal we would be top no doubt.  To gain promotion from this league we some of the players to chance shots rather than trying to walk it into the net.  How many times has Macca been beaten from outside the box when someone has just leathered it.  The players just need to have a crack and we'll score more often.
Posted by: devs, February 28, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 2
Without a shadow of a doubt lacks of goals has killed us this season
Had we scored another 10 in a spread of matches I think we'd be 2/3pts clear now

We have a mix of strikers who all have strengths and weaknesses so what you lose with LJL's finishing you gain with his great hold up play
What you gain with Ross's finishing you lose with his far poorer hold up play and amount of times he's offside

had we had an 'Akinde' we would have scored those extra goals to turn a loss into a draw and, more importantly, a draw into a win.

Let's hope last week's goal from Jolley will lead to him going on a run and/or a couple of others hitting form either for a last gasp win the title chase or put us on the front foot for plays offs

Will settle for 1-0 today!
Posted by: LH, February 28, 2015, 12:44pm; Reply: 3
Avenging the 5-0 today would be brilliant but I'd be just as happy if we won 1-0 in the 95th minute with their keeper shanking a clearance into his own net.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 28, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 4
I hope Palmer is fit today still think he could be the talisman IF he stays fit relying on the shop every game is not going to do it.
Posted by: the driver, February 28, 2015, 1:10pm; Reply: 5
Happy with a 1.0 today love for the boys to score more just hope he won't drop Clay for Brown did nothing for me when he came on Tuesday
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, February 28, 2015, 1:49pm; Reply: 6
We just need a win. Its the time of the season when picking up points is all that matters, especially with our record against teams lower down.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 28, 2015, 1:51pm; Reply: 7
1 0 looks the obvious bet today . They'll come and park the bus , well miss chances , get 1 , miss more chances and win 1-0 .
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 28, 2015, 1:55pm; Reply: 8
If we get 11 1-0 wins then I'm very confident of coming top!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 28, 2015, 2:00pm; Reply: 9
My nerves can't stand another 1-0. Realistically I'll go for 2 or 3-1.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 28, 2015, 2:12pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner
My nerves can't stand another 1-0. Realistically I'll go for 2 or 3-1.

;D I'm expecting a nervy old afternoon. It's the Town way.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 11:08pm