Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, March 26, 2015, 8:20am
3 Goals in 5 League Starts .................. Could it be that a Ross /LJL front Two would of fired us to the promised land with Games to spare ??  Hannah doesn't have injury problems and always gives nothing short of 100% . So would he of got us 15+ goals ............. Yeah , no problem IMO . I was right about Disley  earlier in the season and I'm sure I'm right about RH too . He is a natural goal scorer and should of been given his chance . Oli Palmer has come in and done the Biz I except that but JPP in front of Hannah is just baffling to me ?
Posted by: Trawler, March 26, 2015, 8:21am; Reply: 1
Trolololol
Posted by: Hagrid, March 26, 2015, 8:30am; Reply: 2
what you on mate!?
Posted by: pizzzza, March 26, 2015, 8:30am; Reply: 3
Quoted from fleabag1970
3 Goals in 5 League Starts ..................

Incorrect, or at least misleading. He has actually only scored 1 goal in 5 league starts as the other two goals came in substitute appearances. It would be more accurate to say he has scored 3 goals in 20 appearances.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, March 26, 2015, 8:32am; Reply: 4
He is being treated the same way Andy Cook was, and can only see him heading out the door at the end of the season
Posted by: mariner91, March 26, 2015, 8:34am; Reply: 5
Not necessarily a loss if he does leave, he's not the required standard. If he's not scoring goals he's doing nothing and I don't think he's any better at finishing than LJL.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, March 26, 2015, 8:41am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
He is being treated the same way Andy Cook was, and can only see him heading out the door at the end of the season

And ultimately Cook was not good enough to fire us into a promotion challenging position either.
Posted by: gary_elton, March 26, 2015, 8:45am; Reply: 7
I think he would of been offside too much... I sort have think so....   :o  ;D
Posted by: Maringer, March 26, 2015, 8:51am; Reply: 8
He'll be on his way come the end of the season. Can't fault his workrate, but doesn't offer enough else for me.

I expect he will find a Conference club but whether it will be the Conference Premier or Conference North remains to be seen. Wouldn't surprise me to see him end up at Alfreton, to tell the truth.
Posted by: gary_elton, March 26, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 9
Lincoln ???  Mind you... they prob couldnt afford him....
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 26, 2015, 9:05am; Reply: 10
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

And ultimately Cook was not good enough to fire us into a promotion challenging position either.

Did we not finish in the play-offs when he was our leading scorer? or are you saying that is not a promotion challenging position, if so you could say exactly the same about LJL the past two seasons.

Posted by: springstomind, March 26, 2015, 9:06am; Reply: 11
Worst post ever. I hope you read it back and "except" that.
Posted by: Maringer, March 26, 2015, 9:46am; Reply: 12
Quoted from arryarryarry

Did we not finish in the play-offs when he was our leading scorer? or are you saying that is not a promotion challenging position, if so you could say exactly the same about LJL the past two seasons.

LJL is not a great goalscorer by any means but he's scored more League goals in 34 appearances this season than Cook managed in two years at the club.

Says all you really need to know about Cook, in my personal opinion.

All in all, I think Hannah is potentially a little bit better than Cook (he at least puts in plenty of effort, not something Cookie could ever be accused of), but I still don't think he's quite good enough to be the main striker for a promotion-hunting team.

If only we'd had Palmer available to us since the start of the season...  :-/
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 26, 2015, 10:03am; Reply: 13
Like Paddy, he is not regarded highly enough by the manager.  Without playing regularly, he will not be sharp enough now to do the team or himself justice.   He promised a lot before we signed him but has not reached this level since.   Sad really but there it is.
Posted by: friskneymariner, March 26, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 14
Someone bored?
Posted by: wiggers, March 26, 2015, 10:32am; Reply: 15
His Town career is over I'm afraid. Agree with previous poster, expect him to be at a club like Alferton next season. Had a fantastic start here originally but hasn't really done much this season. I know his chances have been limited, but when given the opportunity from the bench just hasn't done enough. He's frustrating because he has the pace to beat a majority of the big bruising defenders in this division even if he gave them a 5 yard head start, but is constantly caught offside because he plays on the shoulder of the defender all the time. Unless we get injuries can't see him getting much more game time this season.
Posted by: thevera, March 26, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 16
I think he got lucky when he came to us. He did have a very good initial loan spell which enabled him to secure a 2 1/2 year contract which are rarely offered by many clubs, Town included, these days. If I remember right he held out for a while possibly to get himself those good terms. Had he have not got that contract i do wonder where and on what terms he would be now. He is a useful guy to have coming of the bench occasionally but I can't see that being the case next year.
I wish him all the best.
Posted by: psgmariner, March 26, 2015, 1:37pm; Reply: 17
We paid for a fee didn't we?
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 26, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 18
Feel a bit sorry for Ross, works hard, quick and not a bad finisher. his problem is that he doesn't really fit into Hurst's system and he isn't as good as shop, pittman or palmer.

I think he's also a confidence player and sitting on the bench isn't going to build any confidence. Suspect he will do well at a bottom end team like Alty, Southport or Lincoln but not a team going for promotion.

I wish him all the best but it's clear he won't be here next season.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 26, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 19
Did enough for Bradford to sign him but then didn't get a look in and then did enough for us to take him on and eventually couldn't get a look in here either. Seems he's good but not good enough to make the step up to the next level. Some work out, some don't.
Posted by: mike_d, March 26, 2015, 2:09pm; Reply: 20
One description usually seems to fit him though.

Hannah ... .Offside.

If it wasn't for that, he'd start a lot more games.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2015, 3:18pm; Reply: 21
Ross is a good professional,

He always gives 100% and has a knack of scoring goals,

Sadly not enough to keep him in our team,

If he joins a team in the conference next season he will score for them,

Hopefully we will be back in the league

AND

That will be a step or two too far for him.

I wish him well wherever he goes,

You never know he just might get another game for town yet,

If that happens and he scores the winning goal,

He will be back in every bodies good book.
Posted by: Garth, March 26, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 22
I seem to think its not over yet for Ross Hannah at Grimsby, when you say he is not one of Hurst favourites he always makes a place on the bench most games, and I am sure the manager sees it as four available strikers rather than three.
I have this feeling that he will come on sometime in the near future and score important goals for us, remember Disley comments too old, legs gone etc etc, Clay, absolute rubbish never make a footballer etc etc, LJL can`t hit a cows bottom etc etc,  Southwell too lightweight for a striker, what do we know, I like Ross and I hope he gets his chance

Posted by: pizzzza, March 26, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 23
I do like Ross, unfortunately for him better players have come in and opportunities for him have been limited. Who knows? Maybe he still has an important part to play for us in the remaining games.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 26, 2015, 4:23pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from pizzzza
I do like Ross, unfortunately for him better players have come in and opportunities for him have been limited. Who knows? Maybe he still has an important part to play for us in the remaining games.

He might get a game at Alfreton,

We have 2 games in 3 days and Ross got a hat trick there last season.
Posted by: Saudimariner, March 26, 2015, 6:30pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from gary_elton
I think he would of been offside too much... I sort have think so....   :o  ;D

Grammar Nazi (but I agree with you!) ;)
Posted by: rancido, March 26, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

.......and at what level is Andy Cook playing now?
Posted by: carp catcher, March 26, 2015, 7:51pm; Reply: 27
With the two new signings I don't think he'll even be on the bench on Saturday.hell have no problems getting a new club next season.nicky law huge admirer.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 26, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from rancido

.......and at what level is Andy Cook playing now?

Well if we don't go up this season he will likely be back at our level.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2015, 10:59pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry

Only Town player to score from open play at Wembley in the Trophy Final too.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 4:03am