Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BPMariner, March 30, 2015, 3:38pm
Are we doing it on Saturday?
Posted by: BIGChris, March 30, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 1
IMO, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

We have a squad, all of which are equal to one another. Others may disagree
Posted by: gtfc98, March 30, 2015, 3:43pm; Reply: 2
Carl's a great player but we've got a team of them now. No need to make it about 1 player.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 30, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 3
I agree Chris.  However, I can see that some fans want to identify with and recognise their hero and a cult figure. He seems to be a top bloke as well.

As an exception, cult status should be given to Bradly Wood though. In one minute he was worth 2 points.  >:(
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 30, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 4
Flags and scarfs and lots of singing and cheering the whole team,

We are one. 8)
Posted by: Meza, March 30, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 5
Why just Carl other players have been just as good.  Why don't you use numerous faces of the team that would be awesome including PH and CD lol.  Then no one's left out.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 30, 2015, 3:50pm; Reply: 6
The club could make a killing selling this faces ,

BUT

It will have to be all the players,

Just picking one player is unfair to the other squad members.
Posted by: oldun, March 30, 2015, 4:01pm; Reply: 7
Agree, not right to single one player out. Player of the year awards is the time to consider that
Posted by: Tommy, March 30, 2015, 4:05pm; Reply: 8
Understand the argument against this about not singling one player out, but plenty of people are quick enough to single players out when it's for criticism (LJL, Disley, Parslow, Thomas and many others in years gone by).
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, March 30, 2015, 4:06pm; Reply: 9
Legend though Magnay is, the team's run has come from togetherness, selflessness and team-spirit.  I', not keen on the idea of making it all about one man.
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2015, 4:28pm; Reply: 10
Would we win on Saturday without Magnay in the team-------------of course we would there are ten others who have played their hearts out as well, this hero worshiping is getting a bit silly and could effect the performance of others
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 30, 2015, 4:34pm; Reply: 11
Am sure Bradley Wood will get a few songs on Monday!!!
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2015, 4:56pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Am sure Bradley Wood will get a few songs on Monday!!!

He`s one of our own Bradley Woods he`s one of our own, maybe not quite correct I know but it will be thanks for the pen
Posted by: Tommy, March 30, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 13
I'd hope our fans at Alfreton will sing the names of our own players, not one of someone will be professional and be trying to beat us on the day.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, March 30, 2015, 6:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Tommy
I'd hope our fans at Alfreton will sing the names of our own players, not one of someone will be professional and be trying to beat us on the day.

This .why the feck would we want to cheer on the opposition .Dont mind clapping him off after we've won .
Posted by: acko338, March 30, 2015, 6:18pm; Reply: 15
No potential penalties on Monday, then !!

Wouldn't want to be Brad if he had to take one on the day, in front of 2.500 of the Town fans.

Hero to zero in 7 days and no more free fish suppers !!!
Posted by: LH, March 30, 2015, 6:20pm; Reply: 16
I'd buy him a Steel's every week for a year if he skied it over the hill behind the ground.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 30, 2015, 6:27pm; Reply: 17
Can anyone remember WC 2010 England did a campaign where all the fans who registered got a digital shirt with a unique shirt number... Town could do summat similar, the remaining home games should be about the squad and the folks in the stand being an extended part of the GTFC squad.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 30, 2015, 6:55pm; Reply: 18
The fewer comparisons between GTFC and the 2010 England world cup side the better!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 30, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from BPMariner
Are we doing it on Saturday?

I really like Magnay he is a top pro who gives it all but imo any "day" is ott at least let's save it until the end of the season.

All this fancy dress and now specific players days , maybe let's just see if the team deliver us what we want then the wankfest can begin.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, March 30, 2015, 7:22pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Abdul19
The fewer comparisons between GTFC and the 2010 England world cup side the better!

Wasn't the squad I was talking about was it? I talking about a piece of creative advertising to make people part of a promotion push.
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 30, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I really like Magnay he is a top pro who gives it all but imo any "day" is ott at least let's save it until the end of the season.

All this fancy dress and now specific players days , maybe let's just see if the team deliver us what we want then the wankfest can begin.

Fully agree, we don't want to be showing favour to any one individual in the team.
Let's suppport the full team.
Favouring an individual just might have a detrimental effect on others.

UTM
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, March 30, 2015, 7:50pm; Reply: 22
It's just a bit of fun and the other players will love it IMHO  :-/
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 30, 2015, 8:18pm; Reply: 23
There all hero's in my mind Ollies reaction on his way home still clearly buzzing but lets not forget players like Robinson who has made a huge difference at the back.

I hope we just get right behind the whole team not any one player this team is the best bunch we have had for a long,long time and the spirit shines through fans and players sharing a common goal to get out of this league.

Must say a lot of away teams will be worse off financially and atmospherically if/when we do.  
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 30, 2015, 8:26pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
There all hero's in my mind Ollies reaction on his way home still clearly buzzing but lets not forget players like Robinson who has made a huge difference at the back.

I hope we just get right behind the whole team not any one player this team is the best bunch we have had for a long,long time and the spirit shines through fans and players sharing a common goal to get out of this league.

Must say a lot of away teams will be worse off financially and atmospherically if/when we do.  

Careful lol Robertson might not be happy you got his name wrong
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 30, 2015, 8:39pm; Reply: 25
Typo lol
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 30, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 26
It's a team effort that's got us here. So no Carl Magnay Day.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 30, 2015, 11:41pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Wasn't the squad I was talking about was it? I talking about a piece of creative advertising to make people part of a promotion push.

Yeah fair enough. I'll stick with going to games and whatnot, that's part enough for me.

I'll leave the creative stuff to the younger types!
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 5:29am