Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Kymariner12, March 30, 2015, 11:32pm
I started this as a new thread purely so people might see it. Just incase Alfreton don't give us anymore tickets I will happily buy one off anyone that may not be able to attend anymore or purchased more than one with the intention of selling on. If not, I could try my luck in the home end.
Posted by: gary_elton, March 31, 2015, 7:23am; Reply: 1
you should be able to get in the home end so long as you're early enough...
Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2015, 7:46am; Reply: 2
Good thought ky.i am in the market for a spare, if anyone needs to get rid of one or two
Posted by: acko338, March 31, 2015, 7:52am; Reply: 3
My lad wants 2 adult and 3 child tickets after hanging on a phone line to the club office for nearly 3 hours yesterday ! Coming up for Gateshead with his brood for Easter, and going to Alfreton on the way home, hopefully !

When will the club know if we have more tickets?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 31, 2015, 8:41am; Reply: 4
I work in Alfreton, our accents are a little bit different. Just call the turnstile operator Duck (even if a man) and you'll be fine! I still get taken aback when I'm called Duck by blokes!!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 31, 2015, 8:43am; Reply: 5
Quoted from acko338
My lad wants 2 adult and 3 child tickets after hanging on a phone line to the club office for nearly 3 hours yesterday ! Coming up for Gateshead with his brood for Easter, and going to Alfreton on the way home, hopefully !

When will the club know if we have more tickets?

To be fair to the club, they have communicated what's been going on promptly. I'm sure it will be as soon as Alfreton get back to them. Using our own printers to print the tickets will help- the staff could just crack on! Though the ground only has a capacity of 3600 and we already have 2500 so I don't know where they will come from.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 31, 2015, 9:33am; Reply: 6
I'm also after 2 tickets is anyone has any spare?
Posted by: jaymariner, March 31, 2015, 10:04am; Reply: 7
I am after 4 tickets too 😔 feeling like i am going to be missing out on this one. Hopefully alfreton may be able to sort something
Posted by: MarinerWY, March 31, 2015, 10:10am; Reply: 8
Quoted from 75

To be fair to the club, they have communicated what's been going on promptly. I'm sure it will be as soon as Alfreton get back to them. Using our own printers to print the tickets will help- the staff could just crack on! Though the ground only has a capacity of 3600 and we already have 2500 so I don't know where they will come from.

We can't complain really even if Alfreton say no to even more tickets... I mean they've already given us 70% of their ground. Absolutely buzzing for Gateshead and this, roll on Easter weekend!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 31, 2015, 10:13am; Reply: 9
I've spoken to the club this morning and they've been told by Alfreton there are no more tickets to be had  :'(
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 31, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I've spoken to the club this morning and they've been told by Alfreton there are no more tickets to be had  :'(

http://www.alfretontownfc.com/news/news/ALFRETON-TOWN-v-GRIMSBY-TOWN-MATCH-INFORMATION-2736.htm?
Posted by: WokingMariner, March 31, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 11
It's Dartford v Barnet that day if you are looking for an alternative match to attend. COYD!
Posted by: immariner, March 31, 2015, 3:02pm; Reply: 12
We could have taken our average home attendance to this one!!
Posted by: cleemaddog, March 31, 2015, 4:39pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Strange I spoke to the ticket office at 4.00pm today and they said that they are waiting for a decision from Alfreton on whether they will give us more. Told to keep my eye on the OS. Who knows?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 31, 2015, 4:46pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from cleemaddog

Strange I spoke to the ticket office at 4.00pm today and they said that they are waiting for a decision from Alfreton on whether they will give us more. Told to keep my eye on the OS. Who knows?

I know yesterday that the ticket office told me they were "hoping" for more...but hoping isn't much use to those of us who don't have tickets :-/

I know I should have tried sooner before the Welling win, but I stupidly thought things would be fine yesterday morning...a quick call and all would be well but not to be

I was told that the new phone system needs revamping because previously once there were five or more holding the line gave out an engaged tone but now as happened yesterday any number can be left holding on indefinitely until they get through to your particular call which as some found out meant holding on literally for hours

If I'd been at home I might have persevered (as I did for the Lincoln game which was again over an hour holding on) but being at work yesterday morning there was no way I could sit tight

Oh well...it'll have to be JT with "it's half cleared, it's played back in to the area" etc and hope my finger nails can stand 90+ minutes   ??)
Posted by: LH, March 31, 2015, 4:48pm; Reply: 15
Is this the same ticket office who were saying that there would be "tickets on the gate available, no problem" after the Eastleigh game?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 31, 2015, 5:06pm; Reply: 16
Just go in the home end and sit next to the town fans.  
Posted by: forza ivano, March 31, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from 1739
Just go in the home end and sit next to the town fans.  

that's my plan too
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 31, 2015, 5:22pm; Reply: 18
If we in the League away grounds would generally have larger capacities.  We are both a victim of our own excellent away following and being in this tinpot league with small grounds.  
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 31, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

that's my plan too

Once you are in there then all Town fans will join together at one part of the stand. It would be handy to know what parts of the ground we have been given...
Posted by: sparkles, March 31, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from promotion plaice

That's a pretty definite "you've had your lot" to me.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 3:22pm