Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 31, 2015, 9:50pm
Got a 1-14 year old and a adult  ticket for pontoon for sats game 15 pound for the pair if anyone is interested.
Posted by: LH, March 31, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 1
I'd try and sell them on Friday after it has sold out if I were you. You could probably put a zero on the end of it then!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 31, 2015, 11:48pm; Reply: 2
You still got the tickets mate?
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 1, 2015, 6:33am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
You still got the tickets mate?

Yes mate
Posted by: gtfc98, April 1, 2015, 8:13am; Reply: 4
Quoted from LH
I'd try and sell them on Friday after it has sold out if I were you. You could probably put a zero on the end of it then!

optimistic!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, April 1, 2015, 8:38am; Reply: 5
I'll have them please mate.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, April 1, 2015, 11:33am; Reply: 6
I've sent you a PM Zorro! :)
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, April 1, 2015, 6:13pm; Reply: 7
4000 tickets sold so far, with 2100 season ticket holders, that should be well over the 6000 people have been asking for
Posted by: LH, April 1, 2015, 6:16pm; Reply: 8
Pretty sure it includes STHs. Good availability in all stands except the Lower apparently.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 1, 2015, 6:35pm; Reply: 9
I think the upper will sell out by the end of tomorrow and Pontoon on the day.

It normally goes in the order of, lower findus, upper findus and then pontoon.
Posted by: acko338, April 1, 2015, 7:00pm; Reply: 10
Got mine + family from darn sarf !

He hasn't got the Alfreton tickets though.

Sold out while he was stuck on hold !!
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 11
Can't see Gateshead selling out.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 2, 2015, 9:08am; Reply: 12
The Osmond stand has been made available for the home fans, according to the OS.  8)
Posted by: BIGChris, April 2, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 13
Quoted from GiveUsAG
The Osmond stand has been made available for the home fans, according to the OS.  8)

However, there is still good availability in the Pontoon, Upper Findus and Main stands, with the Osmond stand being made available to home fans if there is a need.
Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/gateshead-tickets-selling-fast-2370889.aspx#j58AbKSo0bQWojhd.99
Posted by: GyMariner, April 2, 2015, 12:17pm; Reply: 14
surely '4100 tickets snapped up already' implies thats without ST holders?
Posted by: mariner tommy, April 2, 2015, 12:25pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GyMariner
surely '4100 tickets snapped up already' implies thats without ST holders?

They will be included in that total.

UTM
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 2, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from BIGChris

However, there is still good availability in the Pontoon, Upper Findus and Main stands, with the Osmond stand being made available to home fans if there is a need.
Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/gateshead-tickets-selling-fast-2370889.aspx#j58AbKSo0bQWojhd.99

Oops, I miss read it.  :o

Anyone know how ticket sales went today? And can anyone confirm whether or not the 4,100 mentioned last night, includes the season ticket holders? I believe it does, especially if there's still plenty of seats left in the other stands.

Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 2, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 17
6,000? I've heard from 2 different fans now (they don't know each other), that when they went and got their tickets this afternoon, they was told we're near the 6,000 mark. Anyone heard this?
Posted by: winston, April 2, 2015, 7:45pm; Reply: 18
I went this morning and she told me 5000 sold  and that was at 9-45
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 2, 2015, 7:53pm; Reply: 19
Sounds good to me. I'd expect upper findus and pontoon to be confirmed sell outs, or thereabouts, in the morning then.  8)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 2, 2015, 8:51pm; Reply: 20
It's obvious this will be a sell out to risk waiting for Saturday would be foolish. Don't Barnet play tomorrow? We could be looking at a top of the table match on Saturday

Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 2, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
It's obvious this will be a sell out to risk waiting for Saturday would be foolish. Don't Barnet play tomorrow? We could be looking at a top of the table match on Saturday

Barnet play Saturday. Bristol Rover play tomorrow though.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 3, 2015, 11:38am; Reply: 22
"#Target6000 is ON for the Gateshead game!" Quoted from GTFC's official twitter account.

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/583936382609010688

I can imagine the atmosphere being pretty awesome tomorrow. I can't wait.  8)

I know some say calm down, lets not get carried away, but sod that. I am going to enjoy every minute of it. "What if we lose?" There's no room in my tiny mind for negative thoughts of losing. It's a positive only zone.  :P We are going to win and we are going up!   8)
Posted by: mariner91, April 3, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 23
The atmosphere isn't always good at home games with a big crowd, Lincoln over Xmas being a good example. But we can help make it a good atmosphere. If everyone who sings at away games gets behind the team from the off that will spread to the rest of the crowd.
Posted by: sparkles, April 3, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 24
I've got two adult tickets in the main stand for sale. Row d, not restricted, just to the ponny side of the dug outs.
£15 for the pair.
Only selling because we have got full hospitality for the day.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 3, 2015, 12:00pm; Reply: 25
Got mine for the Lower findus, really can't wait for this one, just think we could be top of the league tomorrow. ;)
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 3, 2015, 12:12pm; Reply: 26
Upper and Lower Findus: Bookings for these stands have now been suspended, due to both being at almost full capacity.  8)
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 3, 2015, 12:55pm; Reply: 27
I take the point about the team not performing in front of big crowds, but I think the whole atmosphere and mindset has changed now, such that the players will thrive on it.   They know they can go and beat anyone in the league and are going into this of the back of six wins in seven, not following a couple of stop-start wins like before Christmas.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 3, 2015, 2:34pm; Reply: 28
I forecast that the support tomorrow will be enthusiastic, confident and loud.  Not nervous and tentative  like with many large home crowds if we are not in the lead early.

Even sometimes when we have taken the lead, the crowd has still been quiet.  ( I typed "crows" first, in error, instead of "crowd)" .  Well if they the crows do go quiet, we can always stone them!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 3, 2015, 2:48pm; Reply: 29
Absolutely it's different now  there is a belief players and fans alike sense this is the moment I think BP will be rocking.

Only five games left three at home true Barnet need to slip up but a draw could be enough if we can win every match. I know it's a hell of a task but the last few games have proved we are up for it,

I don't think these players will freeze they have some great characters full of fighting spirit. We can do our part and build up a fantastic atmosphere before and during the game.

We can win these games one thing it's going to be a exciting few weeks, :)

Posted by: rancido, April 3, 2015, 3:14pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Absolutely it's different now  there is a belief players and fans alike sense this is the moment I think BP will be rocking.

Only five games left three at home true Barnet need to slip up but a draw could be enough if we can win every match. I know it's a hell of a task but the last few games have proved we are up for it,

I don't think these players will freeze they have some great characters full of fighting spirit. We can do our part and build up a fantastic atmosphere before and during the game.

We can win these games one thing it's going to be a exciting few weeks, :)

I agree ! We have a few players who have played at a higher level and at just as big occasions. I don't think this game will faze them and that will re-assure the others. UTM
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 3, 2015, 3:19pm; Reply: 31
Further to our players NOT freezing:  The Aldershot manage said recently that some of his younger players froze at Bristol Rovers as they were not used to playing in front of 7,000 crowds.  Wait until they get to BP!
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 3, 2015, 3:28pm; Reply: 32
I went for my Gateshead tickets at 9.30 this morning.
Disappointed to be told that can't get tickets for Osmond till all other stands sold out.  Seems like the fans are more optimistic than the club!!
Was told that we were nearing the 5000 mark !!
Amazing how information differs.
Posted by: chaos33, April 3, 2015, 3:38pm; Reply: 33
Two things:

People saying it will definitely sell out look a bit daft, and secondly, why decide to do that with the Osmond?
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 3, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 34
I know the club have this idea in their heads that they don't want fans "spread out", but there must be some people who have a preference for sitting in the Osmond and making some noise in there?

At the Barnet home game, the club put so many conditions and permutations on being able to get in the Osmond that in the end there were only about 50 people rattling around in there.

The whole idea of us wanting the Osmond opened up is beyond that of extra capacity; it's about getting a core of 200-300 people behind the goal with good acoustics creating a racket to get the rest of the ground going, and to support the team as they attack that end in the (most likely) second half.

Again, I hope the Trust can plead with the club to allow fans to transfer to the Osmond for the second half.  We need a wall of noise!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 3, 2015, 6:49pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I know the club have this idea in their heads that they don't want fans "spread out", but there must be some people who have a preference for sitting in the Osmond and making some noise in there?

At the Barnet home game, the club put so many conditions and permutations on being able to get in the Osmond that in the end there were only about 50 people rattling around in there.

The whole idea of us wanting the Osmond opened up is beyond that of extra capacity; it's about getting a core of 200-300 people behind the goal with good acoustics creating a racket to get the rest of the ground going, and to support the team as they attack that end in the (most likely) second half.

Again, I hope the Trust can plead with the club to allow fans to transfer to the Osmond for the second half.  We need a wall of noise!

I agree with this although there is no chance of it happening especially at such short notice. Hopefully a lot of people will have purchased tickets for the osmond and the noise is coming from all 4 sides of the ground other than the osmond corner.
Posted by: immariner, April 3, 2015, 6:53pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from 1739

I agree with this although there is no chance of it happening especially at such short notice. Hopefully a lot of people will have purchased tickets for the osmond and the noise is coming from all 4 sides of the ground other than the osmond corner.

Fans can't have bought tickets for the Osmond because the other stands aren't sold out.
Posted by: speedy, April 3, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from sparkles
I've got two adult tickets in the main stand for sale. Row d, not restricted, just to the ponny side of the dug outs.
£15 for the pair.
Only selling because we have got full hospitality for the day.

check pm
Posted by: chaos33, April 3, 2015, 8:57pm; Reply: 38
What a missed opportunity by the club.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 3, 2015, 9:10pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from chaos33
What a missed opportunity by the club.

I've lost you - what opportunity have they missed?
Posted by: barralad, April 3, 2015, 9:14pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I've lost you - what opportunity have they missed?

Ah not just me then....
Posted by: Paris Mariner, April 3, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 41
To be fair, there's no point in having the Osmond Stand open and paying stewards to work there if there a empty seats elsewhere. Club are probably just looking at the budget, and rightly so.
Posted by: chaos33, April 3, 2015, 9:17pm; Reply: 42
Needs spelling out?

They've missed the opportunity to have behind the goal backing of Town fans in the Osmond by not making tickets for that stand generally available. For what reason? Save a bit on stewarding? The club are missing out on a possible edge by deciding they'll only make Osmond tickets available if or when the other stands sell out. I suspect you knew that's what I meant.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 3, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 43
No I don't really see how a few fans dotted round the Osmond would provide an advantage or how it was an opportunity. Surely it would've put no extra numbers on the gate and if three packed stands can't generate an atmosphere with 5 games to go and us in a title hunt then it's the fans who'll have missed an opportunity.
Posted by: chaos33, April 3, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 44
Well that's supposition of course since there aren't any tickets available and now we'll never know if people would have bought tickets and gone in there and made a racket. Why not let fans from the lower smiths move into the Osmond when we're attacking that goal as a compromise? I'd just like to see us do everything we can to gain every little edge we can.
Posted by: GyMariner, April 4, 2015, 12:34pm; Reply: 45
The Osmond only just opened to town fans in the last hour or so according to towns Twitter. Can't see it filling too much! The rest of the ground almost sold out apart from a couple of hundred restricted views in main stand and a few hundred left in ponny
Posted by: gytone, April 4, 2015, 12:40pm; Reply: 46
Should've opened up the Osmond on Thursday :-/
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 4, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 47
Personally I think they may have missed out a bit on provision of atmosphere. As I said earlier, I would have liked to go in Osmond, but of course it hasn't  stopped me going.
I think a few more spaces in other stands, but a good few fans in the Osmond would have been better.
I'm sure tha atmosphere will be decent anyway though.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:25pm