Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, April 19, 2015, 4:17pm
So Aston Villa lead 2-1 and there fans are on the left of the tunnel.  Arsenal won and there fans on the left of the tunnel.  When MK Dons and Wrexham beat us they were on the left. If we get to Wembley i hope to god we are on the left  ;)
Posted by: Meza, April 19, 2015, 4:23pm; Reply: 1
I wonder if N Ferriby were on the left lol.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 19, 2015, 4:26pm; Reply: 2
They were on the right
Posted by: Meza, April 19, 2015, 4:33pm; Reply: 3
I don't think theres been many victories on the right of the tunnel maybe 10% lol
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, April 19, 2015, 4:48pm; Reply: 4
Linesman at the villa v Liverpool game today is that god awful ref we had a few weeks back.
Posted by: Meza, April 19, 2015, 4:50pm; Reply: 5
The blonde who just flagged barotelli from bring offside when onside lol
Posted by: chaos33, April 19, 2015, 5:04pm; Reply: 6
Too many people thinking and talking about Wembley for me. Lots of football to be played before we earn the right to play there, and I think one or two are assuming its in the bag. F*ck the so-called curse of left or right....minds on the play off semi.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 19, 2015, 5:11pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Meza
The blonde who just flagged barotelli from bring offside when onside lol

Maybe his confidence has taken a knock as a result of all the criticism he got for his (non)performance here  ;)

Posted by: Rick12, April 19, 2015, 5:17pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33
Too many people thinking and talking about Wembley for me. Lots of football to be played before we earn the right to play there, and I think one or two are assuming its in the bag. F*ck the so-called curse of left or right....minds on the play off semi.
Agree don't believe in all that superstitious stuff. It is what it is and you create your own luck in football

Posted by: grimsby pete, April 19, 2015, 5:39pm; Reply: 9
I can see the manager of the losing side saying after the game,

I know we got beaten by a better side,

BUT

If our fans were sat to the left of the tunnel,

We would have won. 8)
Posted by: Rick12, April 19, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 10
Just hope Pete the players do themselves proud  in the playoffs and don't let the club down eg effort is what I value in any player   :)
Posted by: gaz57, April 20, 2015, 12:25am; Reply: 11
Hurst and Scott moved our bench from left of the tunnel to the right and we failed in the playoffs the past two seasons. This year Hurst has moved us back to the left. Just saying that's all.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 20, 2015, 3:59am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Rick12
Just hope Pete the players do themselves proud  in the playoffs and don't let the club down eg effort is what I value in any player   :)

Here,here but we have got to get there first. We have two mega games coming up before we can even think of the final

If we do get there it's down to how the players play on the day irrespective of which end we face.

I always like us to kick the second half towards our fans but it's not a game changer.

What are game changes are the Ref and linesman if they do a good job let the game flow and get things right you hope. No manager can account for bad refs they can be real show stoppers.

Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 20, 2015, 8:11am; Reply: 13
Playing away at small crowds is our speciality the players don't have the pressure on them as we know..

That's one of the main reasons we do so well away , its the big crowds in big games we seem to have a problem.

If we get to Wembley I hope its against barnet or fgr for example and not Bristol rovers as they will bring 25k easy, I hope they win the league.

I think 20k plus of us and 5-10 k  fgr would suit us.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, April 20, 2015, 10:08am; Reply: 14
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Playing away at small crowds is our speciality the players don't have the pressure on them as we know..

That's one of the main reasons we do so well away , its the big crowds in big games we seem to have a problem.

If we get to Wembley I hope its against barnet or fgr for example and not Bristol rovers as they will bring 25k easy, I hope they win the league.

Ffs
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 20, 2015, 10:42am; Reply: 15
Quoted from jonnyboy82

If any of our players cannot take the pressure of playing away in front of home crowds of more than 1,000 then they shouldn't be playing professional football.

Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 20, 2015, 10:44am; Reply: 16
It depends which way you are looking for it to be left.  :P
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 20, 2015, 10:50am; Reply: 17
I am just hoping the players are not reading this,

I can see them now walking onto the hallowed turf,

Turning round to each other and saying either we are doomed,

Or we have got this in the bag,

Depending on where the town fans are seated.(bash)
Posted by: WappingMariner, April 20, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Meza
So Aston Villa lead 2-1 and there fans are on the left of the tunnel.  Arsenal won and there fans on the left of the tunnel.  When MK Dons and Wrexham beat us they were on the left. If we get to Wembley i hope to god we are on the left  ;)

Depends which way you're looking. If you were coming out of the tunnel they would have been on the right.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 20, 2015, 8:39pm; Reply: 19
I thought ends were decided on geographical matters, as are the designated pubs for supporters, depends on which way the teams general support approaches Wembley, likelehood is we will be the only team in the mix approaching from the north looking at the teams involved so probably will end up with the same end and same pubs if succesful in reaching Wembley.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:55pm