Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, April 19, 2015, 8:40pm
Who would you rather play? All the games involving Town and the other two sides have all been close, We did the double over Eastleigh but we could have drawn or even won the game at FGR which we ended up losing. Eastleigh have not been in the play-offs before, not sure whether that helps or not. Neither side has the fan pressure that we have but they both have rich owners who will be wanting a return on their "investment".  I guess most people's prefences will be what fits in with their travel arragenments?
Posted by: mariner91, April 19, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 1
Eastleigh for me, I could get there midweek.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 19, 2015, 8:55pm; Reply: 2
FGR.......... Only because I think we would do the inflatable thing again........just to see how many of us they could get in a head lock.

Seriously though not bothered we just need to focus on ourselves and not worry about the opposition.

Brizzle fans are terrified of playing FGR as they have beaten them twice this year.........Who knows Barnet could well be in the mix if things don't go as expected on Saturday.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 19, 2015, 8:56pm; Reply: 3
Or Macclesfield. Unlikely but still possible if Maccesfield win, FGR draw and Eastleigh lose.

My preference would be Eastleigh or Macc and avoid FGR. I would take Eastleigh with them having the 2nd worst defensive record in the top 14.  Our problem isn't conceding goals it is trying to break teams down and I fancy us to do this against Eastleigh.
Posted by: ackomariner, April 19, 2015, 8:58pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from HertsGTFC
FGR.......... Only because I think we would do the inflatable thing again........just to see how many of us they could get in a head lock.

Seriously though not bothered we just need to focus on ourselves and not worry about the opposition.

Brizzle fans are terrified of playing FGR as they have beaten them twice this year.........Who knows Barnet could well be in the mix if things don't go as expected on Saturday.

Your second paragraph......can you please tell hurst this  ;)
Posted by: BIGChris, April 19, 2015, 8:58pm; Reply: 5
Eastleigh is a hell of a journey for a midweek game and will significantly reduce numbers. I think it will be them but whoever it is I will find a way to be there

UTM
Posted by: LH, April 19, 2015, 9:03pm; Reply: 6
I wonder how much it is to charter a plane?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 19, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ackomariner

Your second paragraph......can you please tell hurst this  ;)

LOL!!! As if he would take any notice.
Posted by: acko338, April 19, 2015, 9:09pm; Reply: 8
I will be gnawing my fingernails on holiday all through the play offs, hoping for the best - just hope the internet stays on all through the two matches in the hotel !!
Posted by: chaos33, April 19, 2015, 9:09pm; Reply: 9
This is the question. I don't think Eastleigh or FGR will fancy playing us. I'm fairly confident of that.

Lots to take into account:

Eastleigh are the second highest scorers in the division, but have conceded a massive 21 goals more than us. They have won their last 4 games but have lost 3 in their last 10. They don't have a good record against us this season, but they do sell meat pies.

FGR, on the other hand, have lost only 8 games this season - that's 2 games fewer than Barnet (and us). Both clubs are the middle of nowhere however; have no soul or football league pedigree or fanbase, and don't deserve to be promoted.  ;)

I'd rather we played Macclesfield. They are nowt spesh, and we'll take more away.
UTM.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 19, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 10
Eastleigh for me. They were excrement at BP, and didnt look anything special against lincoln on saturday. Im hopeful we could take a lead away from there place which hopefully will mean a packed park on the sunday, FGR on a great run and just dont want them!!
Posted by: SamTheMariner, April 19, 2015, 10:23pm; Reply: 11
Doesn't matter, 2 or hopefully 3 one off games. I have to say I agree with Hurst momentum doesn't matter. Can't go to any games. Won't be going to FGR or Eastleigh, luckily we have BT sport. So I have no preference. Just hope we win.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 19, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 12
I can see some (tenuous) parallels to 1998.

GTFC to knock out the money team (alright, one of them) in a gripping encounter, whilst Bristol Rovers chuck away a lead against a bunch of cloggers managed by a moany twat.

GTFC then beat said cloggers in the final (despite missing a penalty and enduring 6 minutes of injury time)
Posted by: LH, April 19, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Abdul19
I can see some (tenuous) parallels to 1998.

GTFC to knock out the money team (alright, one of them) in a gripping encounter, whilst Bristol Rovers chuck away a lead against a bunch of cloggers managed by a moany twat.

GTFC then beat said cloggers in the final (despite missing a penalty and enduring 6 minutes of injury time)

Will fans be harking back to the reign of "Lord" Hurst in nearly 20 years then?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 19, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 14
I hope everyone does there all to get to the away game. I know it is a massive pain to get to and with it being a Thursday doesn't help at all but the players need our backing at this vital time.  
Posted by: Abdul19, April 19, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from LH

Will fans be harking back to the reign of "Lord" Hurst in nearly 20 years then?

Of course. And he'll be veteran commentator John Tondeur's sidekick.
Posted by: northbankmariner, April 19, 2015, 11:11pm; Reply: 16
I said a while ago that FGR are my dark horses for the play offs and I stand by that( of course I hope I am wrong and we succeed) would much prefer to play Eastleigh right now.
But as the saying goes be careful what you wish for. It will be the luckiest team that wins the play offs as  all teams competing are very equal and all have their own merits.
If it is meant to be..... It will be
UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 20, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 17
500 to 1,000 inflatables at Forest Green would look fantastic,

Who would I prefer we play ?

Anybody we can beat them all  8)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 20, 2015, 2:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from northbankmariner
I said a while ago that FGR are my dark horses for the play offs and I stand by that( of course I hope I am wrong and we succeed) would much prefer to play Eastleigh right now.
But as the saying goes be careful what you wish for. It will be the luckiest team that wins the play offs as  all teams competing are very equal and all have their own merits.
If it is meant to be..... It will be
UTM

Or as we say...Que sera, sera
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 21, 2015, 12:49pm; Reply: 19
If FGR and Eastleigh both fail to win on Ssturday can Macc steal 4th with a win???
Posted by: BIGChris, April 21, 2015, 12:56pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
If FGR and Eastleigh both fail to win on Ssturday can Macc steal 4th with a win???

Eastleigh would have to lose, FGR fail to win and Macc do so for them to finish in 4th. Or a unrealistic swing of 12 goals if Eastleigh drew.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 22, 2015, 11:41pm; Reply: 21
Eastleigh cos it'd be less than an hour down the M3 for me. But the opportunity to see several hundred inflatables at FGR and to knick a win would be more poetically satisfying.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 23, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 22
Macc would be the only away leg I could make so I'm still holding onto the faint hope that they make 4th otherwise it's FGR or E'leigh on the telebox for me.
Posted by: MarinerWY, April 23, 2015, 11:20am; Reply: 23
Quoted from pizzzza
Macc would be the only away leg I could make so I'm still holding onto the faint hope that they make 4th otherwise it's FGR or E'leigh on the telebox for me.

Same for me.
Posted by: Caesar, April 23, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 24
I am determined to make whatever away game we get, wouldn't mind Eastleigh as I think it is easier to get to where as Forest Green is an awkward one, but whatever happens just hope I can be one of many Mariners roaring us on.  
Posted by: BIGChris, April 23, 2015, 12:39pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Caesar
I am determined to make whatever away game we get, wouldn't mind Eastleigh as I think it is easier to get to where as Forest Green is an awkward one, but whatever happens just hope I can be one of many Mariners roaring us on.  

This!

After making the away league games at the likes of Dover, Eastleigh, Torquay, FGR, Bristol Rvrs etc I am determined to make the trip.

Just relieved we know which day it will be on now!
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 23, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from BIGChris

This!

After making the away league games at the likes of Dover, Eastleigh, Torquay, FGR, Bristol Rvrs etc I am determined to make the trip.

Just relieved we know which day it will be on now!

Same here Chris. I definitely want to go wherever we play. We can make some more firmer plans though when we know who we are actually playing.
Posted by: mariner91, April 23, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 27
I will definitely go to either FGR or Eastleigh, if we ended up with Macc I wouldn't be able to.
Posted by: oldun, April 23, 2015, 3:48pm; Reply: 28
Don't care. Not going to the away leg regardless of where it is.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 23, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 29
Would prefer Macc due to location.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 24, 2015, 11:42am; Reply: 30
No real preference, but hope that we meet Bristol in the final. That way, if we lose, they will at least be out of the picture next season.

If they lose in the semi, and we don't make it either, it would be very tough to finish ahead of them next season. with them gone I think we might win this division quite comfortably.  
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 7:54pm