Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: CodAlmighty, April 25, 2015, 9:56pm
Back in the late 80s, Sing When We're Fishing carried an article, Letter from America, about someone who was reduced to ringing a US sports TV station every week to find out how Town had got on. It was published under the name Yankee Doodle Dandy.

I'd like to include the article in the anthology of writing about Town, but I've not been able to find out who the author was. If anyone can help, please PM me.

Thanks
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, April 25, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 1
try messaging tangatheindestructible on here
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 25, 2015, 11:54pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from CodAlmighty
Back in the late 80s, Sing When We're Fishing carried an article, Letter from America, about someone who was reduced to ringing a US sports TV station every week to find out how Town had got on. It was published under the name Yankee Doodle Dandy.

I'd like to include the article in the anthology of writing about Town, but I've not been able to find out who the author was. If anyone can help, please PM me.

Thanks

That was a brilliant article. Would be great to read it again.
Posted by: grimps, April 26, 2015, 5:24am; Reply: 3
Quoted from CodAlmighty

Thanks

I've got all the copies at home.
I rememeber when I was a kid back in the 70's and 80's the only time my Dad rung home while he was working away in the Middle East was a Saturday evening to find out the Town result
Posted by: CodAlmighty, April 26, 2015, 11:05am; Reply: 4
I'm happy to say Yankee Doodle Dandy has come forward. You'll have to wait until the book is out to find out who s/he is (as well as who has made the Great Grimsby XI)
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 1:15am