Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 26, 2015, 12:01am
5233 at Barnet today!
Posted by: LH, April 26, 2015, 12:02am; Reply: 1
Arsenal fans there to see a local club win a league title no doubt.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 26, 2015, 12:09am; Reply: 2
Didn't even think their ground held that many...fair play and all that but they've been too for a long while and a few weeks ago 2000 was a massive hate for them...
Posted by: Eastendmariner, April 26, 2015, 1:32am; Reply: 3
30000  free tickets is a lot to give away  phoney twits lol
Posted by: WokingMariner, April 26, 2015, 6:32am; Reply: 4
Just like the 20000 glory hunters we'll take to Wembley  :)
Posted by: Caesar, April 26, 2015, 6:51am; Reply: 5
Didn't mind them turning up, did mind them singing

'everywhere we go, its the Barnet boys making all the noise'

That seemed to me to be rather false!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 26, 2015, 7:20am; Reply: 6
Glory hunters? In the conference? Oh dear.
Posted by: northbankmariner, April 26, 2015, 8:26am; Reply: 7
Not bitter towards Barnet in any way. As for the supporters, it is easy to criticise their numbers but they have just relocated to another borough of London, this has to affect support. If town relocated to immingham for example our crowds would be a lot smaller too. In London their is a choice of many more teams to support more successful and popular than Barnet could ever be, here we have one club and one club only. So good luck to the  5000+ who were there yesterday your team and club have deserved promotion this year, hopefully we play you again next year, and some of those new faces that turned up will be regular supporters for them.
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 26, 2015, 10:53am; Reply: 8
No complaints against Barnet, they won the league fair and square and even if they did give away free tickets to boost the gate, 3,000 taking that offer up is amazing.  Scunthorpe on many occasions has given hundreds of free tickets away with hardly anyone taking up that offer and they were in Leagues 1 & 2.

Congratulations Barnet.
Posted by: Barrattstander, April 26, 2015, 3:18pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WokingMariner
Just like the 20000 glory hunters we'll take to Wembley  :)

I don't see how you can accuse anyone who supports the Mariners of being a glory hunter.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 26, 2015, 5:01pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Barrattstander

I don't see how you can accuse anyone who supports the Mariners of being a glory hunter.

Or Barnet.

Especially when they have many more options on the doorstep than NEL residents have.
Posted by: barralad, April 26, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 11
Whatever else you can say about Barnet they have only been off the top of the League for a couple of weeks during a 46 game season. That sort of consistency has earned them promotion and I don't begrudge them it one iota.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 26, 2015, 5:44pm; Reply: 12

It's been done. Remember this: http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1364149388
Posted by: Abdul19, April 26, 2015, 8:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from barralad
Whatever else you can say about Barnet they have only been off the top of the League for a couple of weeks during a 46 game season. That sort of consistency has earned them promotion and I don't begrudge them it one iota.

Exactly. I fully expected Rovers to go on and win it after Barnet's dodgy spell, but fair play to them, Allen got them going again and they deservedly won the title.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 26, 2015, 8:58pm; Reply: 14
I used to think like this, moan about it etc, but not anymore though, I've seen sense.

I've got friends who support Man U / Arsenal / Liverpool etc, but they take their kids with them to watch Town games now, the support is lingering in the background, some support through thick and thin, the more success we have the fan base will increase I'm sure of it.

Fans shoudn't be put down for only turning up to the so called big games - who cares? As long as they turn up when they can, then it's more money for the club.
Posted by: WokingMariner, April 26, 2015, 11:11pm; Reply: 15
Most people have never even been to a single football game in this country. Anybody who takes the effort to go to any game should be applauded rather than sit at home watching some international conglommerate that they have picked at random as their team.
Posted by: BeesKnees, April 27, 2015, 8:30am; Reply: 16
Hi,
No free tickets were given away.  The reverse was true with the last few hundred seats only being available if you paid £50 for hospitality.  

The extra crowd was a mixture of Barnet fans who rarely come due to circumstance\distance and Spurs\Arsenal fans for whom we are their second club.  It's always been the case that when we play and other north London clubs don't then we get a boost, maybe with a bit of success they might decide we are the better option.

I hope you join us in league two and sorry for jumping the queue.  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 27, 2015, 2:14pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from BeesKnees
Hi,
No free tickets were given away.  The reverse was true with the last few hundred seats only being available if you paid £50 for hospitality.  

The extra crowd was a mixture of Barnet fans who rarely come due to circumstance\distance and Spurs\Arsenal fans for whom we are their second club.  It's always been the case that when we play and other north London clubs don't then we get a boost, maybe with a bit of success they might decide we are the better option.

I hope you join us in league two and sorry for jumping the queue.  

Fair play to you and your fellow Bees

The league table doesn't lie...your team earned the right to automatic after 46 games and that's it. End of. Doesn't matter how many went to see you crowned champions...that won't be the issue when it comes to FL fixtures coming out in June. Just hope that we're looking out on the same day / date to see when we'll be playing each other!  :)
Posted by: Barrattstander, April 27, 2015, 3:53pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from WokingMariner
Most people have never even been to a single football game in this country. Anybody who takes the effort to go to any game should be applauded rather than sit at home watching some international conglommerate that they have picked at random as their team.

That's some u-turn Woking , yesterday you were accusing anyone who's not a regular fan of being a glory hunter for just turning up at Wembley.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, April 27, 2015, 8:22pm; Reply: 19
If we get to Wembley, we'll have plenty of glory hunters of our own
Posted by: rancido, April 27, 2015, 8:31pm; Reply: 20

And if we had needed a win on Saturday what do you think the gate would have been. Certainly a lot more than the regular 3 - 3,5000 for most of the previous home games. How many will we take to Wembley , if we get there - close to 20,000. Where are all those fans for a regular league game , surely most of them will be " glory hunters " if they go to Wembley.
Posted by: LH, April 27, 2015, 8:45pm; Reply: 21
As many glory hunters as possible can turn up if we get to Wembley as far as I'm concerned. £££££.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 12:24pm