Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, April 28, 2015, 7:50am
Only one POTY award ? really ? I despair sometimes ..............................  Mind you some of the folk on here wanted him out the side earlier in the season ................... ??)
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 28, 2015, 8:07am; Reply: 1
Quoted from fleabag1970
Only one POTY award ? really ? I despair sometimes ..............................  Mind you some of the folk on here wanted him out the side earlier in the season ................... ??)

He was out of the side for a while earlier in the season! And however good he's been this season, Carl Magnay has been exceptional and deserves his awards.
Posted by: Garth, April 28, 2015, 8:11am; Reply: 2
You can make a case for half a dozen candidates this season but in truth no one should be surprised at the winner IMO
Posted by: fleabag1970, April 28, 2015, 8:11am; Reply: 3
Sorry ............... Some in here didn't want him back in the side ............ Until I reminded them of his goal threat ... Carl has been immense this season and deserves his POTY trophy . Just surprised Dizza didn't pick up a couple more ? Even Goal of the season for that Header
Posted by: Garth, April 28, 2015, 8:14am; Reply: 4
Disley will be picking up the bigger prize when he captains the promotion team in North London soon
Posted by: livosnose, April 28, 2015, 8:17am; Reply: 5
He's a winner is super dizza👍⚽️
Posted by: ginnywings, April 28, 2015, 8:20am; Reply: 6
Quoted from fleabag1970
Sorry ............... Some in here didn't want him back in the side ............ Until I reminded them of his goal threat ... Carl has been immense this season and deserves his POTY trophy . Just surprised Dizza didn't pick up a couple more ? Even Goal of the season for that Header

You should apply for the managers job next time it becomes vacant.
Posted by: Tinymariner, April 28, 2015, 8:41am; Reply: 7
Dis had a poor start to the season, however he showed what a true pro he is and fought for his place against two very good midfielders in Clay and Brown.
Posted by: gary_elton, April 28, 2015, 8:59am; Reply: 8
Disley has got better as the season progressed...  always thought he was one of our best...
Posted by: RoboCod, April 28, 2015, 9:52am; Reply: 9
Quoted from fleabag1970
Sorry ............... Some in here didn't want him back in the side ............ Until I reminded them of his goal threat ...

Thank goodness you did that. Mid-table obscurity beckoned until your timely reminder here on the Fishy about Diz's forgotten goal threat filtered through to Paul Hurst and then HE remembered. Phew...
Posted by: Maringer, April 28, 2015, 10:10am; Reply: 10
I don't think Disley had a poor start to the season at all. He was as solid and competent as usual. I think one or two got a bit over-excited by the early performances of Clay and Brown especially.

Disley's aerial ability, general fitness and goals make him one of the first names on the teamsheet and rightly so. Reckon he's got another year left in him yet as well.  ;)
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 28, 2015, 10:13am; Reply: 11
Quoted from fleabag1970
Sorry ............... Some in here didn't want him back in the side ............ Until I reminded them of his goal threat ... Carl has

Nothing to do with the fact that he returned to form.  Nope, people changed their mind on him based on you reminding them of his goal threat.

Disley struggled earlier this season, quite rightly lost his place and couldn't get it back for a while.  Many, myself included, thought his legs had gone.  He's returned to form since and silenced his critics.  That's it.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 28, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 12
i said he was good as well!! ;) I helped him improve
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 28, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 13
Thank you fleabag1970 for resurrecting our season. I don't know what we would have done without your wizened guidence.
Posted by: fleabag1970, April 28, 2015, 10:43am; Reply: 14
lmao ............ you guys ............. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: gobby, April 28, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 15
Quoted from fleabag1970
lmao ............ 'Hey you guys' ............. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Amended.
;D 8)
UTMM

Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 6:04am