Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LH, April 28, 2015, 1:46pm
Humberside Sport on Twitter:

Jolley definitely out of Thursday. Possible for Sunday.

Hurst decided his team his team on Saturday night but won't reveal until Thursday.

Robertson could make the final if we get there.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 28, 2015, 2:02pm; Reply: 1
I'd go

McKeown

Nsiala   Pearson  Gowling  Magnay

Mackreth   Disley   Clay   Arnold

LJL           Pittman

Subs

Hannah
Brown
Palmer
Parslow
Chappell
Posted by: crusty ole pie, April 28, 2015, 2:06pm; Reply: 2
Swop Palmer for pitman
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 28, 2015, 2:12pm; Reply: 3
What would we have done without that cash injection to sign jolley eh . :-/

An absolute waste of money, he never even fitted in our formation for a start.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 28, 2015, 2:12pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Swop Palmer for pitman

Yeah, that's the one where I was umming and arring. It's just that Palmer has been very disappointing recently and Pittman did well on Saturday with a great assist and a brilliant touch to set himself up for his goal. That's why I gave him the nod over Ollie.
Posted by: LH, April 28, 2015, 2:27pm; Reply: 5
Is there any truth that Palmer is carrying an injury? I'd go with PIttman anyway. Not sure about Gowling if I'm honest seems to take too much responsibilty for simple things like returning headers etc either that or he's not communicating with the other defenders. Potentially dangerous with a quality striker there who could pick up any pieces. Although the alternative is Parslow or Bignot at right back at which point it becomes a no brainer.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 28, 2015, 2:40pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from LH
Is there any truth that Palmer is carrying an injury? I'd go with PIttman anyway. Not sure about Gowling if I'm honest seems to take too much responsibilty for simple things like returning headers etc either that or he's not communicating with the other defenders. Potentially dangerous with a quality striker there who could pick up any pieces. Although the alternative is Parslow or Bignot at right back at which point it becomes a no brainer.

My thoughts exactly Leon.  :)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 28, 2015, 4:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'd go

McKeown

Nsiala   Pearson  Gowling  Magnay

Mackreth   Disley   Clay   Arnold

LJL           Pittman

Subs

Hannah
Brown
Palmer
Parslow
Chappell

I think that will be the starting eleven Les. Perhaps Scott Brown for Clay but I'm can't choose between them myself so not fussed which one plays. I am a little bit concerned playing Nsalia out of position but I'd risk that over starting Parslow.
Posted by: GyMariner, April 28, 2015, 5:07pm; Reply: 8
do people actually think hurst will play toto at right back?? i would put him there but would hurst? I can see hurst playing parslow instead.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 28, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 9
Doig says we are going to the land of the giants,

So I expect all our tallest to start,

So that will be with Toto at full back and Clay in midfield,

Palmer has had a scan on his knee, nothing serious,

BUT

That's why he might have been a bit below par recently,

Lets hope he is 100% on Thursday if so he will start with LJL. imo
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, April 28, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 10
For the umpteenth time, there's nothing wrong with Parslow! Alright he's no Magnay but steady eddy is good enough for these two games.
Posted by: WappingMariner, April 28, 2015, 6:42pm; Reply: 11
Highlights from the away game in January: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmxoC9GvBM

Palmer took his goal well and handled their back four with relative ease. A shame if he isn't fully fit.
Posted by: oldun, April 29, 2015, 12:12pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from WappingMariner
Highlights from the away game in January: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmxoC9GvBM

Palmer took his goal well and handled their back four with relative ease. A shame if he isn't fully fit.

We created plenty of openings in that one. More of the same tomorrow with maybe a couple of goals this time would be a good nights work.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 29, 2015, 3:44pm; Reply: 13
For the umpteenth time, there's nothing wrong with Parslow! Alright he's no Magnay but steady eddy is good enough for these two games.

If Parslow is good enough then there's no wonder we're in this tinpot league.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 29, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 14
Toto played RB against Aldershot in the second half so i assume he was seeing how he felt there
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 29, 2015, 3:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from WappingMariner

Jolley looked to have a good game.

Eastleigh defence is there weak point, despite finishing 4th, only Gateshead, Chester, Lincoln, Altrincham and the bottom 6 have conceded more.

But only Barnet have scored more than them
Posted by: mariner91, April 29, 2015, 4:01pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Toto played RB against Aldershot in the second half so i assume he was seeing how he felt there

He played the whole game there against them in August.
Posted by: Maringer, April 29, 2015, 4:22pm; Reply: 17
From those highlights, their defence didn't look very good. Let's hope for the same again.

On the other hand, our defence didn't look brilliant either as they created quite a few chances themselves. Looks like they will be a threat from set pieces, especially if they chuck themselves to the ground to win them like that!

We need to take more of our chances though, that's for sure. Should have scored two or three in that game for sure but didn't hit the target often enough.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 29, 2015, 5:02pm; Reply: 18

I agree with this, Parslow has been ok. It's a blow losing Robertson but simply bringing Parslow in for him seems a reasonable move. Gowling's done ok but Toto and Pearson have been very good as a pair all season, I would be happier keeping them together in the middle.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, April 29, 2015, 7:33pm; Reply: 19
i think he will play palmer because of the "height" issue.

at the back i dont see the point in playing two players out of position, i'd play magnay at right back and one of parslow or bignot at left back
Posted by: Abdul19, April 29, 2015, 7:59pm; Reply: 20
Not even Bignot would pick Bignot.
Posted by: Kymariner12, April 29, 2015, 8:09pm; Reply: 21
Apparently constable hasn't trained this week for Eastleigh which is a bonus for us as unlikely to play
Posted by: MrsMariner, April 29, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 22
I see both Bristol Rovers & Forest Green have a keeper on the bench I presume from what Hurst has said we won't have a keeper on the bench, I just hope we don't end up regretting it. Out of interest who would go in goal if the unthinkable happens?
Posted by: BIGChris, April 29, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MrsMariner
I see both Bristol Rovers & Forest Green have a keeper on the bench I presume from what Hurst has said we won't have a keeper on the bench, I just hope we don't end up regretting it. Out of interest who would go in goal if the unthinkable happens?

It has been said many times that it would be Shaun Pearson
Posted by: KK_DOG, April 29, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 24
Pearson I think
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, April 29, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 25
Surely Mags to go in net if so, man can do no wrong.
Posted by: lee65, April 29, 2015, 10:30pm; Reply: 26
In the Jan away game, Clay was very good.

We only looked at risk in the last 15 mins when we put Parslow on and invited pressure. (I'm not having a go at DP)
This is the wrong tactic v Eastleigh at any stage, as they are relatively poorer in defence then they are in attack. They couldn't handle our front men and wide players at all. They have no pace at the back.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 29, 2015, 10:50pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Kymariner12
Apparently constable hasn't trained this week for Eastleigh which is a bonus for us as unlikely to play

As long as it isn't one of those situations where he's being simply rested to burst into the game and be a real handful. Seen it many times before.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 29, 2015, 11:33pm; Reply: 28
Disley is 12/1 to score first. Tempting

And 60/1 to score in a 1-0 win
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 3:12am