Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, May 3, 2015, 9:06pm
We ain't won intercourse all yet.

To see fans over the barriers and on the white lines before the final whistle has even gone is frankly embarrassing (yet again); so many people who are incapable of controlling themselves for 5 flipping minutes. And then not clearing the pitch when asked, then coming back on it. This isn't even to mention one absolute cretin in the Osmond stand. A guy who must be well into his 40s, running on the pitch after the first goal before he proceeds to hump the BT cameraman, not once, but twice! What the intercourse were the stewards doing!?

Contrast all this with Bristol Rovers today. No pitch invasion. Job only half done.

Posted by: lukeo, May 3, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 1
Agreed. Already let my frustation out on facebook over this.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 3, 2015, 9:11pm; Reply: 2
Well they have to make a mark on the only game at BP they attend this season.........embarrassing!
Posted by: TAGG, May 3, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 3
you mardy fornicators  :P
Posted by: aldi_01, May 3, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 4
Did it hurt? Not really...

Yes we haven't won anything yet but after the previous two lacklustre play off attempts it's understandable...
Posted by: chaos33, May 3, 2015, 9:16pm; Reply: 5
I agree. I would have rather seen the players doing their walkabout in front of full stands.
Posted by: mariner91, May 3, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 6
I think it's selfish in all honesty. A lot of fans who would have liked to have applauded the players left before they came back out, because some turds want to go on a patch of grass.
Posted by: chaos33, May 3, 2015, 9:20pm; Reply: 7
Yup
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 3, 2015, 9:21pm; Reply: 8
It happened (I do not condone it) get over it, WE ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY. Some people just want something to moan about.
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, May 3, 2015, 9:24pm; Reply: 9
Might be serious repercussions to this. The ref blew the final whistle one minute early.....

Played less than two minutes of the stated three minutes injury time...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 3, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from StiggsGTFC
Might be serious repercussions to this. The ref blew the final whistle one minute early.....

Yes their manager will believe that there was a chance they could have scored the 4 goals they needed to go to extra time!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 3, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

Think you will find Ref spoke to their manager (to get his approval to blow early) just before he blew his whistle. This is common practise at the end of matches where a pitch invasion is imminent and the result is not in question.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 3, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from StiggsGTFC

Now you've alerted everyone they are probably drafting a complaint  :)
Posted by: GyMariner, May 3, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 13
I noticed that! However there may be some unwritten rule or something? Since it is impossible to score 4 goals within a minute.
Posted by: mariner91, May 3, 2015, 9:30pm; Reply: 14
Obviously it didn't affect the match but it isn't inconceivable that if it keeps happening before the matches are finished that the club will be sanctioned. Why people can't contain themselves is beyond me, seems like some like to use Town as an excuse to be a buffoon.
Posted by: fiveallive, May 3, 2015, 9:35pm; Reply: 15
Its one thing i mentioned you never saw Bristol Rovers do it they looked a lot more professional after beating Forest Green. That kid that went on the pitch at the osmand end and nearly touched the ball Mckeown dived to try and keep it in play.

I am really exited that we finally got to wembley third time of asking but i would hoped we would have had the experience to follow Bristol Rovers in the way they handled the situation.
Posted by: ackomariner, May 3, 2015, 9:39pm; Reply: 16
Sick of the poxy smoke bombs again before kick off
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 3, 2015, 9:40pm; Reply: 17
The stewarding was pretty dreadful in all honesty, the invasion predictable and I'll admit that I left because some fans didn't respect the players wishes to do a lap of honour.
Posted by: sparkles, May 3, 2015, 9:41pm; Reply: 18
I think it was more luck than judgement that there wasn't some serious trouble today.

Our stewards didn't seem to make any effort to manage the pontoon from where I was sat.

The male private with the smoke flare just after kick off was in plain view of the entire ground, holding it high..... No one bothered to say a word..... He should have been removed at the very least.

There were people stood along the boards the entire game, no one asked them to shift, and then with 10 mins to go, there were 4 stewards stood watching the idiots climbing over the boards.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 3, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 19
SO IF THERE WASN'T A PITCH INVASION TODAY WHAT WOULD YOU LOT BE MOANING ABOUT?

We are going to Wembley after a great win today!

END.
Posted by: fiveallive, May 3, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 20
About the game, i was suprised Eastleigh played Harry Pell on the wing i was thinking there making a mistake playing him on the wing he's no where good enough to play out wide he's to slow for that position much more effective in the centre.

Was anybody else disapointed with Jack Mackreth the 2 play off games i have always sing his praises but he has been very ineffective the last to games, would of liked to see Jordan Chappell get some game time he's out looking to impress i thought he should of got bought on.

A very impressive performance by us we got the tactics right this time.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 3, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from sparkles
I think it was more luck than judgement that there wasn't some serious trouble today.

Our stewards didn't seem to make any effort to manage the pontoon from where I was sat.

The male private with the smoke flare just after kick off was in plain view of the entire ground, holding it high..... No one bothered to say a word..... He should have been removed at the very least.

There were people stood along the boards the entire game, no one asked them to shift, and then with 10 mins to go, there were 4 stewards stood watching the idiots climbing over the boards.

Our stewards are not renowned for decision making, most of them just watch the game.  Odd really I bought a Pepsi before the game and they gave me it with no top on for "safety reasons as it's such a big game" made me laugh considering the stirs up to the Upper Findus where flooded when we got there....  Anyway UTM!

Posted by: Jaws, May 3, 2015, 9:56pm; Reply: 22
The gent with a smoke flare got kicked out for punching someone who asked him to move then complained to a student after he refused. His ten mates then went looking for the opposing party as a pack - it's this sort of behaviour the club needs to stamp out.
Posted by: Belfast Town, May 3, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 23
It's all about passion. The players and fans have it again, thank god. If i'd been there I would have been on the pitch. This means so much. Bristol haven't suffered five years in this league; if and when they have I bet there fans will be on the pitch.

Flights booked for the place beginning with W.
Posted by: Neilo83, May 3, 2015, 10:21pm; Reply: 24
The players was clearly loving it, my 10 year old lad loved it, when i was 10 i loved it.. Whats the problem do gooders? No harm done and it happens every year
Posted by: mariner91, May 3, 2015, 10:36pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Neilo83
The players was clearly loving it, my 10 year old lad loved it, when i was 10 i loved it.. Whats the problem do gooders? No harm done and it happens every year

The problem is going on before the match has ended. Potentially, that could have repercussions.
Posted by: Neilo83, May 3, 2015, 10:37pm; Reply: 26
No1 went on before the match ended did they? I know they was all on the touch line (looked like the stewards was happy to allow this?) But from where i was stood no1 actually went on till the whistle was blown..
Posted by: mariner91, May 3, 2015, 10:39pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Neilo83
No1 went on before the match ended did they? I know they was all on the touch line (looked like the stewards was happy to allow this?) But from where i was stood no1 actually went on till the whistle was blown..

Only because the ref blew early! There were plenty of people standing on the lines before the end of the match.
Posted by: sparkles, May 3, 2015, 10:39pm; Reply: 28
Yes, at both ends fans were over the White lines before the final whistle blown
Posted by: Neilo83, May 3, 2015, 10:44pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from mariner91

Only because the ref blew early! There were plenty of people standing on the lines before the end of the match.

Ah did he, i didn't notice that at the time.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 3, 2015, 10:44pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
SO IF THERE WASN'T A PITCH INVASION TODAY WHAT WOULD YOU LOT BE MOANING ABOUT?

We are going to Wembley after a great win today!

END.

Wouldn't have moaned at all. One, we looked pretty shambolic on national telly and two, it will only really matter if we win in a fortnight.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 3, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 31
Too many over thinking this we won comfortably our fans have endured years of tosh and celebrated accordingly
Posted by: grimps, May 4, 2015, 5:47am; Reply: 32
Town fans have gone on the pitch last game of the season for the last 30 years.
Some of the bores on here love a bit of drama
Posted by: lobsterpot, May 4, 2015, 7:08am; Reply: 33
I really can't imagine what some of you have going on in your lives right now to have to come on here and moan about a pitch invasion! Could have serious repercussions? Doesn't mean anything unless we win in a fortnight? Have a word with yourselves if you can stay awake past Heartbeat!
Posted by: topuphere666, May 4, 2015, 8:01am; Reply: 34
Fine.. Have the invasion that doesn't bother me.

The issue is that the crowd were close to the white line way before the game was due to end. Just before the whistle (that went early) the ball was rolling out and a guy ran on and let it through his legs.

It was quite embarrassing.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 4, 2015, 8:17am; Reply: 35
Quoted from fiveallive
About the game, i was suprised Eastleigh played Harry Pell on the wing i was thinking there making a mistake playing him on the wing he's no where good enough to play out wide he's to slow for that position much more effective in the centre.

Was anybody else disapointed with Jack Mackreth the 2 play off games i have always sing his praises but he has been very ineffective the last to games, would of liked to see Jordan Chappell get some game time he's out looking to impress i thought he should of got bought on.

I thought Mackreth did a great job for the team to the detriment of his own performance. To me it looked like he was asked to do a job and worked extremely hard, something that a lot if fans don't see.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 4, 2015, 8:17am; Reply: 36
I have nothing against the pitch invasion at all - it's about time we had something to celebrate. What I didn't like was a middle aged bloke literally trying to rip Lenny's shirt off his back as he was celebrating with fans. Lenny did well to resist but I thought at one point it could turn a bit unsavoury! People like that are not fans at all!!
Posted by: Freemoash88, May 4, 2015, 8:29am; Reply: 37
flipping hell why do people insist on finding something to moan about there was no reprecusions we celebrated accordingly. Bristol didn't and who cares we have been in this league far too long having bottled it in the previous two campaigns I think everyone was just happy to finally get to a play off final some fans might not even travel to Wembley due to price of tickets etc etc today was there day for saying a final farewell this Season.

Some of you really need to just enjoy the moment and stop getting the file books out UTM
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, May 4, 2015, 8:55am; Reply: 38
Pitch invasion all for it to be honest but idiots running on pitch letting ball through legs is wrong. Also what were the load bangs prior and during pitch invasion
Posted by: oldun, May 4, 2015, 9:04am; Reply: 39
Quoted from fiveallive

With regard to Jack Mackreth, I think he was asked to do more defensive work and closing the opposition down to help Toto out on that side in both games. If Magnay had been at RB then I am sure we would have seen more of Jack in an attacking role.

Posted by: jaymariner, May 4, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Pitch invasion all for it to be honest but idiots running on pitch letting ball through legs is wrong. Also what were the load bangs prior and during pitch invasion

Someone letting crow bangers off in the osmond. Nearly crapped myself with each one!!
Posted by: blackandwhitelaces, May 4, 2015, 9:14am; Reply: 41
Jesus what is wrong with some people,some of the people on the pitch might of gone over the top but at least we showed passion that is what this club was famous for.I want teams to know when they play at BP they are in for tough time.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 4, 2015, 9:34am; Reply: 42
I'm glad the two eejits on the pitch, Osmond end of the Findus got a good slap when they finally got off the pitch.

Pathetic.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, May 4, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 43
God there are some miserable f u c k e r s about, we're going to Wembley for the biggest game in our history and you feel the need to winge about fans going on the pitch to celebrate. GET A GRIP.
Posted by: big al, May 4, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 44
Hardly a pitch invasion. In all my time going to BP, it's happened on quite a few occasions on the last day of the season. And yesterday, we secured a trip to Wembley for the biggest game in decades, so I guess you can understand the excitement of those who chose to run on to the pitch.

Repercussions? Don't know, I'm not a football official. But I can easily see past it because I am so proud and excited about what Town did yesterday. We were great.

I think some 'fans' spend too much time looking down their noses at others and using all sorts of bitter language to describe fellow supporters. It was a lot of kids and dads with kids - it wasn't a second Burton.

If someone, somewhere wants to pick through the pieces of it to decide we need a telling off... let em.

UTM - try some unbridled joy - it's good for you.
Posted by: N2K, May 4, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 45
Some people are never happy. The pitch invasion showed pure passion from the fans after 5 years of waiting. Yes, the job isn't done, but a trip to Wembley is always something to be celebrated.

With regards to the Lap of Honour, the players did do their lap of honour. If you want a moan about a few kids walking round with them, asking for pictures, then f u c k off. That's what's been missing for the last few seasons. A genuine bond between the players and fans.

Obviously you get a few idiots who want to go over the white lines before the full-time whistle which is stupid, but 99.5% of the fans who ran on were just delighted to see their club at Wembley.

Also, us younger fans, who have made the atmosphere at away games and some home games, are "the reason we play so well," (quote from Carl Magnay). So before you moan at us, appreciate what we have given to the team this year.

So stop moaning, get your heads out your backsides and cheer the lads on to Wembley.

Up the funking Mariners.
Posted by: LH, May 4, 2015, 12:16pm; Reply: 46
Didn't mind the pitch invasion. Got away from BP quicker than usual.
Posted by: big al, May 4, 2015, 12:35pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from N2K
Some people are never happy. The pitch invasion showed pure passion from the fans after 5 years of waiting. Yes, the job isn't done, but a trip to Wembley is always something to be celebrated.

With regards to the Lap of Honour, the players did do their lap of honour. If you want a moan about a few kids walking round with them, asking for pictures, then f u c k off. That's what's been missing for the last few seasons. A genuine bond between the players and fans.

Obviously you get a few idiots who want to go over the white lines before the full-time whistle which is stupid, but 99.5% of the fans who ran on were just delighted to see their club at Wembley.

Also, us younger fans, who have made the atmosphere at away games and some home games, are "the reason we play so well," (quote from Carl Magnay). So before you moan at us, appreciate what we have given to the team this year.

So stop moaning, get your heads out your backsides and cheer the lads on to Wembley.

Up the funking Mariners.

Could not agree more

Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 4, 2015, 3:02pm; Reply: 48
Personally I did not go on the pitch (never have) but I can understand why people did, all the disappointment we have endured over the years,  yesterday the fans had something to cheer about and looking at the players response they loved it too, there was no harm done and I quite enjoyed seeing the celebrations.
Posted by: Meza, May 4, 2015, 3:15pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Personally I did not go on the pitch (never have) but I can understand why people did, all the disappointment we have endured over the years,  yesterday the fans had something to cheer about and looking at the players response they loved it too, there was no harm done and I quite enjoyed seeing the celebrations.

Agreed Chris...10 years of disappointment, relegation to non league, 2 play off heart breaks, 1 FA Trophy defeat and for that im jealous i wasn't there to join in.  Ok they encroached towards the touchline but thats what happens when you have so much passion for the club but had nothing to cheer about in recent times, well done town.

Same happened to Villa fans when reaching the FA Cup semi final.
Posted by: OneLove, May 4, 2015, 6:00pm; Reply: 50
Whats wrong with people enjoying themselves?
Posted by: barralad, May 4, 2015, 7:17pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from cmackenzie4

By the time I'd have got on the pitch over the fence it would've been time to get on the bus for Wembley...
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 6:13pm