Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Trawler, May 18, 2015, 9:24am
I was dreading coming on here this morning.

But so pleased to see the positivity.  I was proud yesterday.  Took 10 'neutrals' in a group of 27.  All of them were singing the praises of the quality of our football.

I'm getting my season tickets (and one more besides) as soon as GTFC start selling them.

We're going to storm this league in 15/16.

[youtube]AwqeEhs5v-o[/youtube]

Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 18, 2015, 9:41am; Reply: 1
Couldn't agree more - I spent quite a bit of time on here yesterday partly because I was fearful of negative comments and wanted to get in an contradict them with some positivity.   Its been great to see the mood on this board, with only a handful of badly timed comments.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 18, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 2
Well said.

I am so proud of the lads. They gave everything yesterday. We were the better side.  All we needed was a bit of luck late on with a couple of those balls into the box and we would have won.

We lost the match but we have found a winning team. If we can keep this squad together we will win the division next year.
Posted by: Trawler, May 18, 2015, 9:57am; Reply: 3
fish
Posted by: Rik e B, May 18, 2015, 9:59am; Reply: 4
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Couldn't agree more - I spent quite a bit of time on here yesterday partly because I was fearful of negative comments and wanted to get in an contradict them with some positivity.   Its been great to see the mood on this board, with only a handful of badly timed comments.

This. At the ready to post in d3f3nce of our boys and how proud I am should the naysayers have surfaced but good to see that Im singing from the same hymmsheet as the majority.
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 10:04am; Reply: 5
As I walked away from Wembley yesterday I thought - that's enough footie for me for some time. Strange how this morning that I'm looking forward to going again. I'm probably a long way from being the committed fan that many are on here but this season's been great I think. Silver-lining for me is I live 13 miles from Tranmere Rovers. There are many fantastic boozers I can tell you about in Liverpool. See you there.
Posted by: big al, May 18, 2015, 10:06am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Rik e B

This. At the ready to post in d3f3nce of our boys and how proud I am should the naysayers have surfaced but good to see that Im singing from the same hymmsheet as the majority.

I think some people in life have to find someone/something to blame when things don't turn out the way you want them to. Classic case that yesterday was nobody's fault and no one was to blame. We move on.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 18, 2015, 10:17am; Reply: 7
Quoted from big al

I think some people in life have to find someone/something to blame when things don't turn out the way you want them to. Classic case that yesterday was nobody's fault and no one was to blame. We move on.

Exactly.

We now have a team and a manager that we can all get behind. Let's turn Blundell Park back into the fortress it once was. Three more home wins would have seen us champions this season. Let's be that 12th man, and lets cheer this squad on to the very top.

Sod the playoffs. Let's go for the title. We can do this.
Posted by: barrattstandman, May 18, 2015, 10:18am; Reply: 8
CHANGE THE PLAY OFF RULES.

One up automatically has long been thought unfair, two are automatically relegated. Lets scrap the Conference play offs and go with this idea.

3rd in Conference plays 3rd bottom in the 2nd Division and 4th in Conference plays 4th bottom . These games could be either 2 legs or a one off

at Wembley. That way the outcome could be 2,3 or 4 up or down.

Thoughts ?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 18, 2015, 11:22am; Reply: 9
It's hard to say anything negative after watching every single town player give everything for the shirt yesterday.

This town squad had a lottery of a penalty shootout and i feel for every town player and fan.

Nothing but positivity from Me and if I can be positive then anyone on here should be after watching the lads yesterday.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 18, 2015, 12:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from barrattstandman
CHANGE THE PLAY OFF RULES.

One up automatically has long been thought unfair, two are automatically relegated. Lets scrap the Conference play offs and go with this idea.

3rd in Conference plays 3rd bottom in the 2nd Division and 4th in Conference plays 4th bottom . These games could be either 2 legs or a one off

at Wembley. That way the outcome could be 2,3 or 4 up or down.

Thoughts ?

Great idea but try persuading the Football League! I imagine it would be the season after next at the very earliest when it came in.

Posted by: arryarryarry, May 18, 2015, 12:00pm; Reply: 11
I appreciate the positivity, but personally I was utterly p!ssed off when their 5th penalty went in and still am, but I would just say to those that are saying next season we will do it, just look back on the past few years when many said similar statements but when the fixtures come out take a look at who we are playing.

Just saying like.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 18, 2015, 12:03pm; Reply: 12
I too was dreading coming on here reading all the negativity,

BUT

Got a nice surprise of the positivity,

Good one lads.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 18, 2015, 12:07pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete
I too was dreading coming on here reading all the negativity,

BUT

Got a nice surprise of the positivity,

Good one lads.

There's no point moping about it Pete. We gave it a good go and just came up short. We easily matched, if not bettered them but little bits of luck need to go in your favour in such an even game and they got the breaks. McKeown went the right way nearly every time but just couldn't get a hand to one.
Posted by: Caesar, May 18, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 14
Agree with all above really.  The Fishy can often be a negative place and sometimes after defeats I dread coming on here.  

But I think the reaction from yesterday shows that the vast majority of us are fair minded Town fans who want our team to be ridiculously successful, but as long as we have players putting their all in we will back them and be proud.  

That has happened this season so it is refreshing.  I agree with arry though that when fixtures come out again and when we struggle to find our way past Boreham Wood we will all get dissapointed.  That is inevitable but seeing our team fight and care is a great springboard and certainly as devestated as I am, a better feeling than the last 2 years.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 18, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 15
We went in as underdogs but were in fact the better team on the day. Had the ref done his job properly and sent off their keeper for the deliberate hand ball would have won.

But no point moaning now. We need to look forward and we can certainly do so with confidence.  I am not sure how much cash we get from the game yesterday, but it will surely be in the hundreds of thousands and should enable us to keep this squad together.

Posted by: Abdul19, May 18, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings

There's no point moping about it Pete. We gave it a good go and just came up short. We easily matched, if not bettered them but little bits of luck need to go in your favour in such an even game and they got the breaks. McKeown went the right way nearly every time but just couldn't get a hand to one.

I agree with this. It's not like Cardiff, where the performance was a disgrace (after being in the automatic spots all season). The players yesterday gave their all, and in the end, it just wasn't quite enough. It's gutting, obviously, but that's football.
Posted by: maxfox44, May 18, 2015, 12:49pm; Reply: 17
Not trying to be negative, but losing finalist don't have a great record the following season.
Posted by: buckstown, May 18, 2015, 12:58pm; Reply: 18
I was proud to be a Mariner yesterday but it was a painful journey home, albeit shorter than most.
I though BR looked stronger than us and even though we played the better footie they seemed to out muscle us at key moments. MacKreth was a prime example, he looked like a schoolboy playing against a man.
Still think with the majority of this defence, an additional classy midfielder and a top conference striker we'll be fine next year. Oh and a better start than the last two years.
UTM and have a good summer people
Posted by: Trawler, July 1, 2015, 11:04am; Reply: 19
This thread full of pride on May 18th. There was positivity back then and what an amazing close season since. And how that positivity has manifested itself. Retaining 10 from 12. Operation Promotion, Bogle, East, Monkhouse, Marshall, Tait and more to come.

Cannot wait for this season.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 11:57am