Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Garth, May 22, 2015, 8:49pm
https://youtu.be/tEtrfl-HGUA

Hope the link works
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 22, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 1
It worked, flipping brilliant. To answer your question. Yes, I think we will
Posted by: Garth, May 22, 2015, 9:09pm; Reply: 2
They say that pace isn't everything tell that to those defenders, amazing how he judged his runs without being offsde
Posted by: monkeyboy, May 22, 2015, 9:21pm; Reply: 3
slade ball got goals, crowds looked good too
Posted by: heppy88, May 22, 2015, 9:23pm; Reply: 4
Thanks for that. Around the time Reddy played I wasnt going to any of the Town games, except the play off final at the Millenium Stadium. After watching the video I cant believe I missed out on such a talent. Such a sad story that he didnt play any more football after his stint at Town.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 22, 2015, 9:24pm; Reply: 5
Some very well-taken goals here.

We took his skills for granted at the time, and that of other good players.  
Posted by: friskneymariner, May 22, 2015, 9:25pm; Reply: 6
Anybody knows what he is doing now.
Posted by: mariner91, May 22, 2015, 9:26pm; Reply: 7
Lump and Reddy are my all time favourite Town players.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 22, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 8
My daughter interviewed Michael Reddy as part of a school thing at Blundell Park for what it's worth. Good on him.
Posted by: lee65, May 22, 2015, 9:35pm; Reply: 9
Can you imagine the damage he'd have done in the wide open spaces last Sunday  :(, different time, different level, I want to believe, but I'm not sure we will see the like again  :'(
Posted by: LH, May 22, 2015, 9:37pm; Reply: 10
That one vs Torquay that put us top of the league a few days before we beat Tottenham is in my top 10 Town goals.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 22, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from friskneymariner
Anybody knows what he is doing now.

Think he lives in Manchester
Posted by: monkeyboy, May 22, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 12
Wiki - As of 2012 Reddy is studying business at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Posted by: gytone, May 22, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 13
Didn't realize how good he was at the time and some of his goals were fantastic, and jeez he was fast, will we see the likes again.....hopefully  ;)
Posted by: nightrider, May 22, 2015, 10:08pm; Reply: 14
Launch it to Reddy was the team talk.  I was surprised how often it worked. We all knew what was gonna happen but the opposition couldn't keep up with him. He had it to a fine art.
I definitely rated him at the time. Never had a season ticket but I must have gone to most games based on him alone.
I don't think he was ever prolific though, don't think he did well before Town and Im not convinced he would have produced if he'd have left.
But, we'll never know
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 22, 2015, 10:10pm; Reply: 15
Early on, Sestanovich showing what a waste of talent he has gone on to be.
Posted by: ska face, May 22, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 16
I always laugh at Reddy properly pieing that steward looking for a high-five after his goal V Boston.

Textbook.
Posted by: LH, May 22, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 17
Just re-watched again. Slade was slated for playing the long ball game but when you've got someone to play to who WITH the ball is outpacing defenders WITHOUT the ball what is the problem? If it wasn't entertaining I'd like to refer people who weren't entertained to the amount of keepers left pulling their pants back up after being skinned in the six yard box.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 22, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 18
Would be interesting to see all of The Shops 20 goals this season in one go.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 22, 2015, 10:47pm; Reply: 19
He was superb. Some fantastic finishing in that clip
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 22, 2015, 10:48pm; Reply: 20
Someone dig that post out again from when Slade spilled all over an Asda cuppa.
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 22, 2015, 11:04pm; Reply: 21
Those two goals at Cheltenham were absolutely superb.

Great player and a crying shame for him injuries ruined it all for him.
Posted by: Plankton, May 22, 2015, 11:11pm; Reply: 22
What a ruthless striker he was! That video of Reddy has shown how much a viscous pace can leave defenders chasing shadows. I remember at the time people complaining about Slade having the ball 'hoofed' upwards, this is why, play to the team you've got. We won't get that at the level we are now, but we will in the near future when we go up. We'll get back and be better than that!
Posted by: Mariner16, May 22, 2015, 11:15pm; Reply: 23
Wasn't he at Southport in our end a few weeks ago?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 22, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 24
Blistering pace. Enjoyed those runs from deep where he went on a big arc round to the left. Those two wins at Cheltenham seemed to come from no where (in terms of the games themselves). Typical Sade away wins - bit like under Hurst except we were grabbing 2, 3 or even 4.

I seem to remember come the second half of the 2005-06 though other teams had worked us out and the ball up to Reddy being snuffed out most of the time and his goals dried up. Still finished on 17 but most in first half of season IIRC.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 22, 2015, 11:23pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Mariner16
Wasn't he at Southport in our end a few weeks ago?

Yes
Posted by: Kymariner12, May 23, 2015, 5:19am; Reply: 26
He was a great player for us, a difference 10 years makes.
Posted by: DocTower, May 23, 2015, 8:01am; Reply: 27
He got us out of our seats , we had men in the box . Us old ones remember , it's all history now . People complain when we reminisce on what we had to what we have now . May the good times return soon .
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 23, 2015, 8:27am; Reply: 28
If Hurst could find a rough diamond with that sort of pace as long as long he didn't get hacked to pieces by some of the big cloggers in this league it would be the steel of the season. If Jack Macreath had that sort of pace he would be outstanding and be able to easily go past players.

Reddy was superb but I can go back even further and say the great Stuart Brace was the quickest winger I have ever seen here.
Posted by: Meza, May 23, 2015, 12:14pm; Reply: 29
Hmm Reddy vs Mendonca

On individual brilliance it has to be Reddy.  Did he leave town for another club or just retired due to his hip injury.
Posted by: mimma, May 23, 2015, 2:22pm; Reply: 30
Let us not forget that we have had a striker since Reddy in Liam Hearn that could have also been a top striker but for injuries.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 23, 2015, 5:45pm; Reply: 31
If Reddy hadn't got injured in March 06 we'd have gone up automatically.

We'd probably be in next seasons Champions League too!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 23, 2015, 6:10pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Abdul19
If Reddy hadn't got injured in March 06 we'd have gone up automatically.

We'd probably be in next seasons Champions League too!

Just now I'd settle for any league above this one! ;)

True enough about Reddy. Credit to Slade for signing him and playing to his strengths. Just shows what you can achieve with a striker who can make something out of nothing. I haven't checked this up but I seem to think Reddy was good at getting the crucial winner or first goal to break a deadlock. We could do with someone with that knack now.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 23, 2015, 6:17pm; Reply: 33
I think in context of the division, Reddy was the best striker I've seen in a Town shirt.

Especially at that level you tend to get players who have an attribute of technique, power or pace.  Reddy had them all and for that six month period he was practically unplayable.   Throughout thhat video he looks like a man playing against boys.

What that video doesn't show is the work Gary Jones did to create so much space for Reddy.  Again, in context of the division,  best strike pairing I've seen.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 23, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think in context of the division, Reddy was the best striker I've seen in a Town shirt.

Especially at that level you tend to get players who have an attribute of technique, power or pace.  Reddy had them all and for that six month period he was practically unplayable.   Throughout thhat video he looks like a man playing against boys.

What that video doesn't show is the work Gary Jones did to create so much space for Reddy.  Again, in context of the division,  best strike pairing I've seen.

That's the key phrase though. Second half of the season we were sussed out and we ended up losing out on promotion. Good though Reddy was, we became a one-trick pony.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 23, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Meza
Hmm Reddy vs Mendonca

On individual brilliance it has to be Reddy.

Really? 20 goals for a relegation team (2 divisions higher). No contest - the other way.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:15am