Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 23, 2015, 7:54am
The Telegraph is reporting that season ticket and matchday prices will be frozen again next season and there will also be a new "Young Adult" season ticket category created where fans aged between 19 and 21 can buy a season ticket for £150 (£170 in the Upper Findus)

Well done to The Trust who it appears were instrumental is bringing this new category in.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 23, 2015, 8:16am; Reply: 1
Fantastic!!!! Thank you trust!
Posted by: Daz460, May 23, 2015, 8:41am; Reply: 2
Good news on season ticket prices, and excellent new 19-21 bracket.
I will be renewing as soon as possible, I hope others get in early to allow the club to get money in the bank for players.
UTM
This years the year
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 23, 2015, 8:42am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
Fantastic!!!! Thank you trust!

I see that the phantom Xer has struck again on my post.

All I can think of it that they must have been 22 yesterday.  ;D
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 23, 2015, 9:01am; Reply: 4
Haven't bought one for years but my new job means Saturdays off so I will be this year. :)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 23, 2015, 9:04am; Reply: 5
Don't worry about the ticks and X's Les it's a load of bollix .lol
Posted by: lukeo, May 23, 2015, 9:07am; Reply: 6
Brilliant. Well done all involved
Posted by: davmariner, May 23, 2015, 9:08am; Reply: 7
Fantastic, great initiative. Will be getting a ST and joining the Trust after this.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 23, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 8
If you between 19 and 21 and live in Grimsby where else can you have two hours entertainment for less than £6.50 on a Saturday afternoon?.
Posted by: Alfie, May 23, 2015, 9:21am; Reply: 9
Nicole's.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 23, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 10
19-21 great. But would have liked them to do the same for 60 to 64 year olds. A lot people are not working or on low income at this age.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 23, 2015, 9:24am; Reply: 11
Really good move by the club,especially good for me being only 20 years old (sorry)
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 23, 2015, 9:37am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Alfie
Nicole's.

You won't get much for £6.50 there. At least not the last time I was there I heard anyway.  ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 23, 2015, 9:42am; Reply: 13
Changed the name last time I went past. :)
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 23, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 14
Will this new category also have a matchday price ?
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, May 23, 2015, 9:54am; Reply: 15
Time they did something for carers.  We are looking after disabled family members, get £62.30 a week (LESS than unemployment allowance) and cannot afford season tickets.  We are not even in a  category to get unemployed tickets for games, so have to pay full price
Posted by: ginnywings, May 23, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
Time they did something for carers.  We are looking after disabled family members, get £62.30 a week (LESS than unemployment allowance) and cannot afford season tickets.  We are not even in a  category to get unemployed tickets for games, so have to pay full price

Yeah, that's not fair. I'm sure if you went to the club and explained your situation, they would let you have a concession. They are usually pretty good in the ticket office.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 23, 2015, 10:39am; Reply: 17
Great incentive to buy new season tickets. Hurst needs to sign players at the right time to boost sales as well.
Posted by: the driver, May 23, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 18
In the words of Arnie I'll be back on the 8th for grandson and I and yes I know he didn't say about the 8th and grandson but hey ho
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 23, 2015, 11:11am; Reply: 19
Les, regarding your "red cross" given above. Maybe somebody thinks that you are only 21 and are envious of you getting a reduced-price season-ticket?   ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 23, 2015, 2:34pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin

You won't get much for £6.50 there. At least not the last time I was there I heard anyway.  ;)

You can get a job there that pays £6:50 per hour, doesnt sound much but you get alot of tips  ;) and theres not too many jobs where you can basically toss it off all day wihout getting sacked
Posted by: LH, May 23, 2015, 2:51pm; Reply: 21
It's all well and good having the extra young adult age band but they need to be aware of it and that goes for the rest of the tickets too. Get some billboards rented around town and on the buses, posters in pubs and at the colleges etc. We all know but the rest of the town doesn't.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 23, 2015, 2:59pm; Reply: 22
Excellent work from the club, I'll be renewing!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 23, 2015, 6:56pm; Reply: 23
Good to have the new category.

Just been checking AFCW prices and they have:

Under-18s: Seats £75/£90 Standing £40/£50
Young Adults: Seats £150 Standing £100/£130
Concessions (65+ and F/T students): Seats £220/£250 and Standing £160/£190

So they really do go for the fans of the future. Interestingly Young Adults (which I guess corresponds to our new category) is actually cheaper than students.
Posted by: Trawler, May 24, 2015, 12:10am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Les Brechin

I see that the phantom Xer has struck again on my post.

All I can think of it that they must have been 22 yesterday.  ;D

I think the phantom red crossers are in fact more often than not mistakes made by clumsy fingered mobile users trying to give you a green tick. The two buttons are so close together on the mobile optimised version of the site. It's easily done.

I just tried to tick a post by Les and, being on an iPhone, by a hairs breadth tapped the wrong area of the screen.  It was interpreted by the iPhone as a tap on the cross button. If Rob could put some fresh air between the buttons for mobile users random red crossses will almost certainly be reduced.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 25, 2015, 7:05am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Trawler

I think the phantom red crossers are in fact more often than not mistakes made by clumsy fingered mobile users trying to give you a green tick. The two buttons are so close together on the mobile optimised version of the site. It's easily done.

I just tried to tick a post by Les and, being on an iPhone, by a hairs breadth tapped the wrong area of the screen.  It was interpreted by the iPhone as a tap on the cross button. If Rob could put some fresh air between the buttons for mobile users random red crossses will almost certainly be reduced.

Just press the tick box. It removes the cross and adds a tick😄

Awaits red x for this post 😉
Posted by: GrimRob, May 25, 2015, 7:07am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Civvy at last

Just press the tick box. It removes the cross and adds a tick😄

Awaits red x for this post 😉

I was about to post this!
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:08am