Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: highcliff mariner, May 25, 2015, 1:43pm
Well it's on the waiting list , a little underwhelmed if I'm honest .

Strike while the irons hot ?

UTM
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 25, 2015, 2:12pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from highcliff mariner
Well it's on the waiting list , a little underwhelmed if I'm honest .

Strike while the irons hot ?

UTM

To be fair I think signalling the intention to take advantage of the positivity is all they've had time to do so far. Establishing a "concept" like #operationpromotion is a starting point and likely to encompass a whole load of ideas.
Posted by: LH, May 25, 2015, 2:15pm; Reply: 2
Alan Alger will love this one.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 25, 2015, 2:27pm; Reply: 3
I've never interacted with Alan Alger on Twitter - he's one of those low-life characters that lives for the reactions of others by making subtle antagonistic comments.

If anything I think we should all just agree to ignore him. If he doesn't get a reaction from us, he fails.
Posted by: bax, May 25, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 4
For those who haven't seen it, the Trust launched Operation Promotion this morning. You can read more here:

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/operationpromotion/

There's LOTS to come in the coming days and weeks. Operation Promotion lasts all season. The last season ended 7 days ago. Loads of stuff has happened in the last week, some of the stuff planned is on a big, big scale and takes a few days to pull together.
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 25, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 5
I don't really 'get' that announcement, or is it just an announcement to say there are initiatives coming soon?
Posted by: RichMariner, May 25, 2015, 5:50pm; Reply: 6
I presume the misspelling of Lloyd Griffith's name was deliberate, in a let's-put-an-s-at-the-end-of-names-when-there-isn't-one sort of way, that us Grimbarians tend to do?  :P
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 25, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 7
Nearly made a mammary of myself by posting operation promotion ( quickly deleted it ). Not been back from work long and i didn't see it had already been posted.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 25, 2015, 10:47pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from pontoonlew
I don't really 'get' that announcement, or is it just an announcement to say there are initiatives coming soon?

That's the way it reads to me. They've got some ideas and they're working on them.

I suspect there'll be issues like the financial fair play rules, tax, VAT etc to consider Plus if there are any other third parties involved or affected, that needs to be taken into account.

Give em time.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 26, 2015, 1:11pm; Reply: 9
Rather than dissapointed I am looking forward to what #operationpromotion entails?

The one thing that could make the difference is if the local public really gets behind the football club, that all parties embrace one another with a wave of positivity.

I know many already do but it would be a huge boost to the club if felt everyone was supporting them, from local fans the business community & even the council.

We really could have a bright future if we can get the majority on board, not only for the football club but the community & area in general.

Hope the news comes soon but rather they get in right and wait a week or so than introduce something ill thought out

UTM
Posted by: Alfie, May 26, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 10
Almost Churcillian...  :X
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 3:01am