Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, May 29, 2015, 12:27pm
1 year deal. Announced on gtfc twitter
Posted by: LH, May 29, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 1
Hurst is absolutely kilning it with these re-signings.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 29, 2015, 12:30pm; Reply: 2
Excellent signing. Great footballer, offers more than Brown imho...
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 29, 2015, 12:30pm; Reply: 3
Good news. Definitely the surprise package of last season. I don't think anyone expected too much when he signed. I thought he was excellent when he came on at Wembley.
Posted by: livosnose, May 29, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 4
Good signing but needs to shoot more .
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 29, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 5
Pleased with this, he would be my choice over brown, I think we are far better with the ball when he plays.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 29, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 6
1 of my 3 predictions today.....
Posted by: ginnywings, May 29, 2015, 12:34pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from LH
Hurst is absolutely kilning it with these re-signings.

No pottering around from him.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 29, 2015, 12:37pm; Reply: 8
Hope he's fired up for next season
Posted by: Trawler, May 29, 2015, 12:39pm; Reply: 9
This signing has got me really fired up. Clay back in our midfield wedge would be great for consistency
Posted by: Codswede, May 29, 2015, 12:42pm; Reply: 10
He could Morph into a key player for us next season  :o
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 29, 2015, 12:42pm; Reply: 11
Good news, expect him to be first choice next season.
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, May 29, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 12
Works well with Disley, his passing range improved through the season and his first touch is quite good as well. Well done Hurst.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 29, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Hope he's fired up for next season

It's all shaping up nicely!  ;)
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 29, 2015, 12:44pm; Reply: 14
Great that we now have a very decent midfield with Arnold, Makreth, Disley and Clay.  I don't think many teams will have better than that next season and we will hopefully add Brown and some new faces.  We only have one striker and one defender so hopefully we'll hear news in that area soon.
Posted by: LH, May 29, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 15
Puns aside I was hoping he would be one of the longer term deals.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 29, 2015, 12:46pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Great that we now have a very decent midfield with Arnold, Makreth, Disley and Clay.  I don't think many teams will have better than that next season and we will hopefully add Brown and some new faces.  We only have one striker and one defender so hopefully we'll hear news in that area soon.

Honestly think we can do better than Brown though I expect him to re-sign.
Posted by: gytone, May 29, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 17
Im pleased he's " sticking " around  :)
Posted by: RoboCod, May 29, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 18
What was the problem with Brown anyone? We saw more than the odd glimpse of him in full flow but for the large part he seemed to struggle to make an impact on the game on a consistent basis.
I had hoped for a little better from him, and still do should he be kept on.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 29, 2015, 12:53pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from RoboCod
What was the problem with Brown anyone? We saw more than the odd glimpse of him in full flow but for the large part he seemed to struggle to make an impact on the game on a consistent basis.

Only an opinion, but I think he looks better in a poor team ie. he does the Rotweiler role, breaking play up, gets the fans onside with some robust tackle, but technically he's not as good as Diz or Clay so his passing takes two or three touches where others take one or two. As a consequence the moves seem to slow down when he gets possession. I remember a couple of occasions at Wembley when Palmer made a run but was offside because the ball hadn't come quickly enough through Brown.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 29, 2015, 12:53pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH
Puns aside I was hoping he would be one of the longer term deals.

Yeah so was I, whoever made that deal needs Shooting!  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, May 29, 2015, 12:54pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from RoboCod

Often easier to play for a team with low expectations like Southport? Hopefully, he will reach his early season promise, if he signs of course.
Posted by: the driver, May 29, 2015, 12:56pm; Reply: 22
My player of the season very pleased
Posted by: Maringer, May 29, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 23
I don't actually think that any of our three central midfielders (assuming Brown does sign) are particularly good threading passes through to the forwards. Disley rarely plays too many forward passes (though he gets into the box himself to nab some goals) and both Clay and Brown tend to dwell on the ball in midfield, taking too many touches on occasions when a first-time ball would be the better option. I think this is why we haven't been as much of a threat on the counter-attack as we could have been with that pacier players we've had available to us this season.

Technically, they are all fine with the ball at their feet and have a good touch, but all seem to lack that little bit of extra nouse to create many chances with their passing. They are all Conference players, however, so perhaps this shouldn't be too much of a surprise.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 29, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 24
Brown's problem is that he turns on the ball too often. Cut that nonsense out in the wrong areas and he'll do alright. He's sticking around anyway.
Posted by: LH, May 29, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Yeah so was I, whoever made that deal needs Shooting!  ;)

I PMd you the other night did you get it?
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, May 29, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 26
Sorry I missed something - when did Arnold sign for us? What terms?
Posted by: ginnywings, May 29, 2015, 1:23pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from MARINERSMAN22
Sorry I missed something - when did Arnold sign for us? What terms?

Announced this morning. Year deal.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 29, 2015, 2:06pm; Reply: 28
At the start of the season he looked like he head feet of Clay but progressively became more of a footballer rather than a hacker, which he looked like he was at the start.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 29, 2015, 2:13pm; Reply: 29
He will be fired up for next season.   ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 29, 2015, 3:00pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from LH

I PMd you the other night did you get it?

Yes got it mate, I will PM you soon as I get human resources address for you. I won't forget.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:52pm