Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: OneLove, June 29, 2015, 9:20pm
If anyone is interested Orphan Boy are playing the yardbirds in grimsby on July 10th as part of their album tour.

Tickets are £7 from Grants.1856 menswear on st peters ave, the yardbirds club or http://www.skiddle.com

Bring your beach balls!
Posted by: Youngy, June 29, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 1
Watching Glastonbury this weekend bought back some happy memories of seeing the OB at 2am in a random tent. They got introduced as being from Manchester to boo's but as soon as they mentioned Grimsby the whole tent erupted into a Mariners chant. Very surreal, especially when it turns out the random girl stood next to me lived 1 street away.

Looking forward to the 10th #thistownknows
Posted by: OneLove, June 30, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 2
cheers for moving this to a less active board, after all we do for town as well!
Posted by: ska face, June 30, 2015, 11:45pm; Reply: 3
Shite of whoever moved this thread.

A great local band who've bent over backwards to help the club, played free gigs, written songs, had their music used on Mariners Player for years and have donated items to the budget boost all to help the club. Now they can't even advertise a local gig?

When you've got flipping page after page of people making bird puns or garbage like "guess how many goals we'll score" or "guess who'll we'll get first game"...

The board's run by tosspots.
Posted by: Biccys, July 1, 2015, 12:25am; Reply: 4
Don't be such a drama queen, it's not football related so moves to this board. Still perfectly visible. Nobody has questioned the band or their motives or complained about the post. Get a life!
Posted by: GrimRob, July 1, 2015, 11:25pm; Reply: 5
It was on both boards for 2 days because there was a link to it on here from the main board (still is if you look back far enough)
Posted by: LH, July 2, 2015, 12:40am; Reply: 6
Understand the move but agree with Ska. Common sense at times surely? The non football board isn't used half as much as it used to be either.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 2, 2015, 6:45am; Reply: 7
It does seem pretty unnecessary. They've done lots for the club recently and The Fishy must be the best place to advertise to Town fans but only about 12 of us come on the non-footy board. Pretty sure the world wouldn't end if you gave them a sticky on the main board for a week.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 2, 2015, 12:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It does seem pretty unnecessary. They've done lots for the club recently and The Fishy must be the best place to advertise to Town fans but only about 12 of us come on the non-footy board. Pretty sure the world wouldn't end if you gave them a sticky on the main board for a week.

I also thought a main board sticky would be in order.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 2, 2015, 1:50pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings

I also thought a main board sticky would be in order.

Duly moved!

It wasn't me who moved it originally though!
Posted by: ginnywings, July 2, 2015, 3:50pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

Duly moved!

It wasn't me who moved it originally though!

All's well that ends well.  :)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 2, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 11
Non football  ;)
Posted by: OneLove, July 4, 2015, 7:36am; Reply: 12
this is football related, we released a single for town from the goodness of our heart and all proceeds go to the club and thats going to be played on the night and it may generate more single buys and more money for the club. All we was trying to do was advertise it to more town fans but obviously you don't want it portraying on your MAIN board. Fairdoos tho it'll be remembered.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 4, 2015, 10:01am; Reply: 13
Quoted from OneLove
this is football related, we released a single for town from the goodness of our heart and all proceeds go to the club and thats going to be played on the night and it may generate more single buys and more money for the club. All we was trying to do was advertise it to more town fans but obviously you don't want it portraying on your MAIN board.Fairdoos tho it'll be remembered.

It wasn't me who moved the thread initially but as soon as this was pointed out the thread was moved back onto the main board and has even been made a sticky at the top too. I don't think there was any malice or flippancy from whoever it was who moved the thread but this has been rectified now, so I do think that your comment here is a bit harsh.

If you were referring to Rodley Mariner's comment immediately above yours, then  this was obviously posted tongue in cheek, due to the smiley at the end of it.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 4, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin

It wasn't me who moved the thread initially but as soon as this was pointed out the thread was moved back onto the main board and has even been made a sticky at the top too. I don't think there was any malice or flippancy from whoever it was who moved the thread but this has been rectified now, so I do think that your comment here is a bit harsh.

If you were referring to Rodley Mariner's comment immediately above yours, then  this was obviously posted tongue in cheek, due to the smiley at the end of it.

He's an ungraterul little fornicator Les. Stick it back on non-footy   ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, July 4, 2015, 9:11pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from OneLove
this is football related, we released a single for town from the goodness of our heart and all proceeds go to the club and thats going to be played on the night and it may generate more single buys and more money for the club. All we was trying to do was advertise it to more town fans but obviously you don't want it portraying on your MAIN board. Fairdoos tho it'll be remembered.

How we were to know it was football related from the original post I don't know if you go back and read it it just mentions about a gig and where it's going to be held. There's no conspiracy and we've made an exception of this announcement it's not as though we've been that inflexible. I don't see why you feel we have wronged you in any way. I'm sure everyone has read it by now and decided whether they want to go or not,as there has almost constanly been messages on both forums about the thread being moved as well as the original thread  In fact it's had more publicity than  it would have done if you'd just stuck it on here and nobody moved it.
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, July 8, 2015, 8:58am; Reply: 16
Are you playing in Manchester again anytime soon?
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 10:10pm