Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinerian, July 3, 2015, 7:51am
Popular Grimsby Town supporter Phil Lambert is currently in Leeds hospital, undergoing treatment for testicular cancer. He has had an operation this week and now awaits to start Chemotherapy next week.

A Facebook page has been set up to show Phil our support and also to help raise money and update his GTFC friends as travelling to and from Leeds does not come cheap.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/784928001624520/?fref=ts[/url]

Lisa Pigott of GTFC has already got this seasons shirt signed and framed for us to auction, she has agreed we can us McMennemies for a fundraising evening too. A huge thank you to Lisa as she was only asked 2 days ago!

Currently a fundraising football match/family day is being planned, this was decided last night and I am meeting with Damien Smith and Emily Hanrahan in New Lloyds at 4.30pm today, so we can discuss and plan in detail.

So many people have pledged to help which is fantastic. Please feel free to contact me or on 'There's only one Phil Lambert' Facebook page if you would like to show support or even help in anyway.

Phils family are extremely grateful for the support shown and Lorna (Phils fiancee) has been over whelmed by the messages of kindness from GTFC fans,

Get well Phil mate and UTM
Posted by: Simariner, July 3, 2015, 8:08am; Reply: 1
I echo your thoughts Ian. And well done for trying to organise things for him.

I remember driving to Huddersfield away once in the 90's with Larry and we ended up sneaking in to watch a Castleford rugby match on the way home (don't ask why) think my Nova broke down near Caistor that day too ha

Put me down for a place in the footy or I'll try get a team sorted. UTM
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 3, 2015, 9:23am; Reply: 2
Good luck to Larry and I hope he gets through this. I'm sure he will.

I've already contacted Larry directly to offer my support to him and an open ear for the times when he's feeling low, as I know all too well how down you can get when you are affected by serious illness.

The best advice I gave him was just to stay positive and try not to let things get you down too much and focus on something in the future to look forward too.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, July 3, 2015, 10:32am; Reply: 3
Known Phil a good few years now, great guy. Get well Phil.  8)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 3, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 4
Does Phil post on here?
Posted by: gaz57, July 3, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 5

A Facebook page has been set up to show Phil our support and also to help raise money and update his GTFC friends as travelling to and from Leeds does not come cheap.

I know everyone's circumstances are different but my wife has had an on going medical problem that has seen her traveling to Leeds over the past three years.
When she travels there she can claim for petrol and car parking this doesn't include visiting.
It could be worth while giving the pay office a visit or a call. I hope this helps and wish him the very best of luck.

Posted by: Tinymariner, July 3, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 6
All the best Larry
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 3, 2015, 1:49pm; Reply: 7
Hope Phil recovers, and regards to him and his family.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 3, 2015, 2:29pm; Reply: 8
Known 'Larry' for years now. He's one of those faces you always see at away games. Smiles never far from his face. Town through and through.

Hope you  get this sorted* quickly Larry and hope to see you some point next season.

* I nearly wrote "licked" but under the circumstances that could be taken the wrong way.  :P
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 3, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 9
Sad to hear this, Larry is a top fella, all the best Larry and a speedy recovery.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 3, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 10
Mentioned it to a couple of mates down here who know Larry, and they said the same thing.
Posted by: chicaneuk, July 3, 2015, 8:59pm; Reply: 11
Had the pleasure of getting to know Larry a little bit over the last couple of years, usually seeing him at the odd away game for a quick chat, thanks to a mate of mine who's known him for years. Such a nice guy, an absolute die-hard mariner, and always leading a sing song whenever he was at a game.

Absolutely wishing him the very best of luck with his treatment and hope he is through it and back on his feet in no time. I think we're all extremely positive for this season and would hate for him to have to miss any more than is absolutely necessary.

Get well soon mate.
Posted by: lukeo, July 3, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 12
Just realised who Phil is! intercourse. All my love to you Larry x
Posted by: pontoonlew, July 3, 2015, 10:38pm; Reply: 13
I've just realised who this is. When I was about 12-13 I used to sit in front of him in the Pontoon. I used to absolutely crease up at some of the things he'd come out with, at that age a man swearing at the football is one of the funniest parts of your week ;D

Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Posted by: bradzmilne, July 3, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 14
All the best Larry. Absolutely top bloke x
Posted by: paulgtfc, July 3, 2015, 11:48pm; Reply: 15
Phil is a top bloke, Town through n through; been a pleasure to be at matches with him  8)
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 4, 2015, 7:20am; Reply: 16
Quoted from pontoonlew
I've just realised who this is. When I was about 12-13 I used to sit in front of him in the Pontoon. I used to absolutely crease up at some of the things he'd come out with, at that age a man swearing at the football is one of the funniest parts of your week ;D

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

I'm sure Larry won't mind me putting his picture on here. Most Town fans will know his face but maybe not recognise the name.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/600874_10150875793200418_1574169763_n.jpg?oh=2ec6e0f95c7240bcfd1566f269bf064b&oe=56316259[/img]
Posted by: lobsterpot, July 4, 2015, 7:29am; Reply: 17
That can't be Phil! His hat is clean!  ;) Get well soon pal got everything crossed for you
Posted by: gobby, July 4, 2015, 8:10am; Reply: 18
Thanks for that Les, now I know who he is, seen and spoke to him at many away games. Get well soon buddy. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: gary_elton, July 4, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 19
Although I've not met him , now recognise him... get well soon young man...

UTM  !!!
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, July 5, 2015, 9:20pm; Reply: 20
Get well soon Les.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 5, 2015, 10:27pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner
Get well soon Les.

I'm fine thanks!
Posted by: Richard, July 8, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 22
Keep the faith phil joined in with you loads
Very funny chap utm
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 8, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Cumbrian Mariner
Get well soon Les.

8][quote=61

I'm fine thanks![/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: lukeo, July 11, 2015, 8:11am; Reply: 24
Top bloke, will be sharing his story on social media's to try drum up support for him. x
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 1:43am