That away end is gonna be rocking!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 3, 2015, 1:04pm; Reply: 4
Lincoln away, 29th Aug
Posted by: psgmariner, July 3, 2015, 1:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Hagrid
Guiseley over christmas! But 2nd of january not NYD

Lovely stuff.
Posted by: Caesar, July 3, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 6
Pleased with first game! Will deffo be at Kiddy, roll on 8th August!
Posted by: LH, July 3, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 7
I know many will go anyway but if you're umming and ahhing over it just commit and go. Let's set a good standard for the others to follow with regards to away numbers and noise.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 3, 2015, 1:18pm; Reply: 8
We talking 1500+ first away game??
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 3, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 9
I'll be there :)
Posted by: codcheeky, July 3, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
We talking 1500+ first away game??

Definately, not far for all us southern exiles, looking forward to the new season even more now, it will be absolutely banging in there
Posted by: mariner91, July 3, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 11
I'm away for the first few games sadly but I will be sitting in an internet cafe watching the score.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 3, 2015, 1:25pm; Reply: 12
Will defnitely be at Kiddy.
Posted by: forza ivano, July 3, 2015, 1:26pm; Reply: 13
ABSOLUTE BLISS - the best away trip of the season in the middle of summer. real ale at the station, the best catering you'll find at football and a lovely big covered end to make plenty of noise in.
Posted by: Caesar, July 3, 2015, 1:27pm; Reply: 14
Just a thought before looking to book train tickets etc what are the odds of this one being on BT sport?  And does anyone know when this would be announced?
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 3, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 15
I hope they'll have plenty of cottage pies.  :)
Posted by: ginnywings, July 3, 2015, 1:30pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Caesar
Just a thought before looking to book train tickets etc what are the odds of this one being on BT sport?  And does anyone know when this would be announced?

After you have bought train tickets knowing BT.  ;D
Posted by: gary_elton, July 3, 2015, 1:31pm; Reply: 17
away end holds 1,500....  is it gonna get us all in ???  ha ha ha...

bring it on... it's only 55 miles away.... me and the young lady will definitely be there !!!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 3, 2015, 1:31pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from ginnywings

After you have bought train tickets knowing BT.  ;D

It'll be once Les has got his i'd have thought!
Posted by: LH, July 3, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 19
Tranmere have got Woking and Cheltenham have got Lincoln on the first day. I don't think any of the three are an obvious favourite for a switch for TV.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 3, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Caesar

I have heard on the grapevine that BT Sports will be showing a game on the Friday evening. The opening day's fixtures are below so looking at them there is a chance that our game could be chosen, although they do seem to like to show a relegated team in the first live game.

Quoted Text
Aldershot V Gateshead
Altrincham V Forest Green
Barrow V Dover
Boreham Wood V Halifax
Bromley V Wrexham
Chester V Braintree
Kidderminster V Grimsby
Lincoln City V Cheltenham
Southport V Eastleigh
Torquay V Macclesfield
Tranmere V Woking
Welling V Guiseley

Posted by: chicaneuk, July 3, 2015, 1:33pm; Reply: 21
Nice and local for me, amazing cottage pies, and the first time to see our awesome new squad... a date to look forward to, no doubt about it!
Posted by: GrimRob, July 3, 2015, 1:34pm; Reply: 22
What's the theme?  :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 3, 2015, 1:36pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from GrimRob
What's the theme?  :)

Josh Gowling afros?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 3, 2015, 1:40pm; Reply: 24
I'll be there with my misses, son and daughter then straight to London from the game to see my brother. Happy days!
Posted by: gary_elton, July 3, 2015, 1:44pm; Reply: 25
Here's a thought... all - ticket for away fans ???     chuckle...  (devil2)
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, July 3, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 26
Train from Preston it is then!
Posted by: GrimRob, July 3, 2015, 1:50pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Les Brechin

Josh Gowling afros?

You have a month to grow one Les  :)
Posted by: Richard, July 3, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 28
Me and boyo will be there
Can't wait for normal service to resume
Posted by: moosey_club, July 3, 2015, 6:05pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from forza ivano
ABSOLUTE BLISS - the best away trip of the season in the middle of summer. real ale at the station, the best catering you'll find at football and a lovely big covered end to make plenty of noise in.

This in spades !!

Posted by: friskneymariner, July 3, 2015, 7:49pm; Reply: 30
Also with the added  bonus of being able to watch steam trains.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 9:02pm; Reply: 31
What are Kidderminster like at the min, are they vying for the play offs or looking to just get a solid midtable finish ?? Anyone know who theyou have signed.
Posted by: chaos33, July 3, 2015, 9:25pm; Reply: 32
Dear oh dear. The season hasn't started yet. Nobody's vying for anything. If you're interested, do a bit of research for yourself instead of expecting other people to do it and then tell you.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 10:14pm; Reply: 33
Time of the month is it ?
Thought I'd just ask a general question about our next competitive fixture in the league, if your gona act like a stuck up sharp object then get lost you miserable tool
Posted by: chaos33, July 3, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 34
Calm down dear.

You couldn't be @rsed to find out for yourself (or even check on the content of your own post). So, wind your neck in, cut the abuse, and check it out for yourself. (fart)
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 35
Some people on this forum live in different areas of England and have intresting information about other clubs. I was trying to have conversation about our next league opponents, it's a forum afterall.

Nevermind have a lovely even dear. 8)
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 36
Some people on this forum live in different areas of England and have intresting information about other clubs. I was trying to have conversation about our next league opponents, it's a forum afterall.

Nevermind have a lovely evening dear. 8)
Posted by: chaos33, July 3, 2015, 10:32pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

Nevermind have a lovely even dear. 8)

Yeah, you know that thing on the internet called google....?
Posted by: Plankton, July 3, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from chaos33

Yeah, you know that thing on the internet called google....?

Can we not? It's the first game of the season, we're all excited and some would like to know if anyone has information on the Kiddie team. It's not an unreasonable question at all.
UTM

Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 10:42pm; Reply: 39
It's alright I was just trying to generate a conversation on a forum, I just googled it to make sure it was a forum where it's ok to ask a simple question.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 3, 2015, 10:44pm; Reply: 40
The only thing i know about the Kiddy team is the we gunna whup dey a$$.  :)
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 10:45pm; Reply: 41
I hope so mate roll on 8th of august.
Posted by: chaos33, July 3, 2015, 10:57pm; Reply: 42
Have a look on the 'National league, signings so far' thread. It's been done for you and dosn't even involve leaving this site! It's been there a while if you can be @rsed to make the effort and actually look for the info you want, rather than expecting someone else to just tell you.
Posted by: Daz460, July 3, 2015, 11:03pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
What are Kidderminster like at the min, are they vying for the play offs or looking to just get a solid midtable finish ?? Anyone know who theyou have signed.

Well we signed Josh Gowling from them, and he was apparently the best player.
Posted by: UTMariners, July 3, 2015, 11:14pm; Reply: 44
Seems a perfectly reasonable question Zorro.. Not sure about Kiddy signings myself though, been concentrating on Tranmere :) I'm sure others on here can shed more light on them...
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 11:17pm; Reply: 45
Was just looking a for general chit chat, nevermind can't please everyone especially miserable fookers like you.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 3, 2015, 11:18pm; Reply: 46
Thanks UT
Posted by: BIGChris, July 3, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 47
Kiddy have had financial issues and most of their better players have left, they are looking to stabilise rather than necessarily challenge however Macclesfield made a good fist of it last season despite being skint.

Kiddy are capable of matching that but will have to recover from an opening day home defeat! ;)
Posted by: lukeo, July 4, 2015, 7:28am; Reply: 48
DITTO bigchris.

I'm 50/50 about going, I really want to go but i've just signed for a very good football team and i'm worried if i disappear at the start of the season that'll knock me back for a starting spot :P
Posted by: DickBarton, July 4, 2015, 8:06pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from chaos33
Have a look on the 'National league, signings so far' thread. It's been done for you and dosn't even involve leaving this site! It's been there a while if you can be @rsed to make the effort and actually look for the info you want, rather than expecting someone else to just tell you.

I'm surprised you haven't been banned for the constant vitriolic foul mouthed abuse you dish out while hiding behind your computer. Let people breath man!
Posted by: ackomariner, July 4, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from DickBarton

I'm surprised you haven't been banned for the constant vitriolic foul mouthed abuse you dish out while hiding behind your computer. Let people breath man!

Banned........ Not really foul mouthed abuse is it telling someone to look for themselves
Posted by: Daz460, July 4, 2015, 8:38pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from chaos33

The happy pill "dosn't" appear to be working. Chill out, it was only a question on a forum that can give you answers!!!
Let's stick together and be happy #UTM
Posted by: chaos33, July 4, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from DickBarton

Constant, vitriolic, foul mouthed abuse?! Not at all. None of the above. Never. I challenge you DB to contact me and point out examples that support this ridiculous claim you make. I will challenge and make arguments that are sometimes critical, but you won't see any abuse, and I resent you for suggesting otherwise. In fact, in this thread, I was the recipient of it. Please think carefully about what you accuse people of, and get your facts right  ;).

Zorro called me a 'sharp object', a 'tool' and a 'miserable fooker', all because I challenged him to do a little bit of research for himself. I admit it may have been a little bit sharp of me, and will happily apologise to him for it. His comments seem to fit your description more than my remarks. As for hiding behind my computer? Hardly. Grow up man, and stop stirring it as usual.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 4, 2015, 9:20pm; Reply: 53
We friends really aren't we chaos  ;)

Let's say we all want what's best for gtfc  
Posted by: chaos33, July 4, 2015, 9:48pm; Reply: 54
Of course zorro. It was all a trap to lure the WUM that is Richard Barton. And he walked right into it. Calm down D1ck. It's no big thing  :)

UTM
Posted by: nightrider, July 4, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 55
Last time we won the first game was Crawley wasn't it? 5 years ago....
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 4, 2015, 10:21pm; Reply: 56
Yes lost to fleetwood 2-0 drew to southport 1-1  drew to aldershot 1-1 and bristol 0-0 last season hopefully a win on 8th
Posted by: chaos33, July 4, 2015, 10:32pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from nightrider
Last time we won the first game was Crawley wasn't it? 5 years ago....

Wow, hadn't realised that. We are due an opening day win then!
Posted by: Abdul19, July 5, 2015, 12:01am; Reply: 58
And not won the first home game since 2006!

(obviously irrelevant to Kidderminster but I find it a depressing fact that needs sorting out!)
Posted by: GasheadTom, July 5, 2015, 8:26am; Reply: 59
Cracking start that. Imagine you'd take 2,000 odd there on opening day wouldn't you?
Posted by: Mariner_09, July 5, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 60
Maybe not as many as that Tom but certainly over 1000.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 5, 2015, 9:41am; Reply: 61
Come on Mr F, free coaches, we can do 1500+ !
Posted by: lukeo, July 6, 2015, 7:22am; Reply: 62
1,200 is my prediction for kiddy away. Anything above 600 is good and will provide for a brilliant atmopshere! UTM
Posted by: ska face, July 6, 2015, 9:00am; Reply: 63
Quoted from lukeo
DITTO bigchris.

I'm 50/50 about going, I really want to go but i've just signed for a very good football team and i'm worried if i disappear at the start of the season that'll knock me back for a starting spot :P

I seem to remember it wasn't long ago that you were getting stuck into those young lads who'd decided against going to southport for a nothing game in April, going on about "real fans"!
Posted by: BIGChris, July 6, 2015, 9:18am; Reply: 64
Quoted from lukeo
DITTO bigchris.

Somebody else should be able to fill & carry the water bottles luke! ;)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, July 6, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 65
I'd be very surprised if we don't sell all 1500, I'm gutted I can't be there, I have to go to a wedding. Hoping it gets moved to Friday night for telly.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 6, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 66
Why would they show the wedding on tele?
Posted by: Brazilnut, July 7, 2015, 11:54pm; Reply: 67
just tell them you got your churches and Minster's mixed up
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 8, 2015, 2:42pm; Reply: 68
What it will cost...........

Admission prices for seated stand are £17.00 for adults, £11.00 for Over 60s and £8.00 for Under 16s, whilst children under the age of five are admitted FREE.

Standing is just £14.00 for adults, £8.00 for Over 60s, £5.00 for U16s whilst the youngsters of five or under are free.

"There are refreshment facilities within easy reach for away fans at Aggborough wherever they're housed, so make sure you sample some of the legendary Aggborough Soup or maybe the Cottage Pie." (Very good but not cheap if I remember?)

Programmes at Aggborough are £3:00.

Car Parking is available at either end of the stadium, at the South Stand Car Park (£5.00 per car, £10.00 per mini bus and £15 per coach), and Stadium Close Car Park (FREE on a match day). No other parking around the area of the stadium is permitted.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), July 8, 2015, 5:21pm; Reply: 69
I'm on holiday. Gutted.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:06pm