Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 3, 2015, 1:05pm
last game !

great way to wave bye as we go up !! karma
Posted by: pizzzza, July 3, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 1
Ha Ha nice one conference
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 3, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 2
You don't need to make a separate thread for each fixture you know...
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 3, 2015, 1:20pm; Reply: 3
He's excited Chris  :P
Posted by: grimps, July 3, 2015, 1:48pm; Reply: 4
At least it has a decent size away end for the 5000 we'll take  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 3, 2015, 1:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Chrisblor
You don't need to make a separate thread for each fixture you know...

It's one other game!!

Anyway, after the events there in 2004 and it being the last game of the season, I think it deserves a thread of its own.
Posted by: mimma, July 3, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 6
Weekend in Liverpool?

Use to live there, always wore my Town top, even at night in the City centre.

Locals are very friendly, love to talk about football.
Posted by: grimps, July 3, 2015, 2:13pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from mimma
Weekend in Liverpool?

Use to live there, always wore my Town top, even at night in the City centre.

Locals are very friendly, love to talk about football.

I bet you never pulled much wearing that on a night out  ;)
Posted by: brad_gtfc, July 3, 2015, 2:21pm; Reply: 8
You wore a football top on nights out? Have you ever being with a woman?
Posted by: mimma, July 3, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 9
Remember Chris Mellor M.P.?  Famous for wearing a Chelski shirt when in bed with a model!

I use to finish work at 11:00 & go straight to the pub. Wasn't on the pull, but it was surprising how many scousers would come up & start talking about football, male & female.
Posted by: switcha, July 3, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 10
Good place Liverpool and I can imagine plenty of people wanting to talk footy having seen the shirt. I wish you hadn't mentioned Mellor though, don't want that image in my head again!  ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, July 3, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 11
Thought you were supposed to take one game at a time. You have leapfrogged 45  :)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 4, 2015, 6:56am; Reply: 12
Quoted from mimma
Remember Chris Mellor M.P.?  Famous for wearing a Chelski shirt when in bed with a model!

I use to finish work at 11:00 & go straight to the pub. Wasn't on the pull, but it was surprising how many scousers would come up & start talking about football, male & female.

David
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 4, 2015, 7:02am; Reply: 13
I think his name was David mellor and I've often had Mrs dapperz in a town shirt couldn't be more normal (wub2)(yes)(yes)(thumbup2)
Posted by: mimma, July 4, 2015, 1:36pm; Reply: 14
Sorry, senior moment, you are right it was David, not Chris.

Posted by: Rik e B, July 4, 2015, 1:49pm; Reply: 15
It wasn't Tranmeres fault we were relegated. They performed professionally as their players were paid to do, keeping the integrity of the league intact.

As opposed to our disgraceful bunch of mercenaries who mugged us off all Season, that day included.

The vast majority of our support were graceful in defeat and joined in the deserved applause as their men passed us on their lap of honour
Posted by: wycombemariner, July 4, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Rik e B
It wasn't Tranmeres fault we were relegated. They performed professionally as their players were paid to do, keeping the integrity of the league intact.

As opposed to our disgraceful bunch of mercenaries who mugged us off all Season, that day included.

The vast majority of our support were graceful in defeat and joined in the deserved applause as their men passed us on their lap of honour

I don't think people have an issue with the players/club it was with their fans who took great delight in our demise, both inside the ground and outside after the match had finished.  
Posted by: Rik e B, July 4, 2015, 4:07pm; Reply: 17
Fair enough; to be honest I got into tunnel vision mode and frog-marched myself back to vehicle in total denial of reality! Took ages till it really dawned and came to terms with things, guess you could call it shock.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 4, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from mimma

You mean David Mellor.

I see he's just signed for Barrow from Oldham. ;-)

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=15597
Posted by: mimma, July 4, 2015, 4:57pm; Reply: 19
Maybe he will wear a Barrow shirt when with that model ;D
Posted by: kamakazebear, July 4, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 20
Weren't town fans singing "you're going down with the Telford" or something at the Southport fans when we were winning?
Posted by: WetFlannel, July 4, 2015, 6:31pm; Reply: 21
Nerh, that was just you
Posted by: GYinScuntland, July 4, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 22
I remember us baiting Port Vale at theirs one year as they went down, went off a bit thay day if I remember it right. We all do it, it's called banter. Football wouldn't be the same if we all politely clapped each other and and there wasn't that bit of edge. The telling thing is when there is an actual tradegy, everyone to a man pulls together. It's all a matter of context.
Posted by: gary_elton, July 5, 2015, 9:07am; Reply: 23
Definitely more than banter that day... put up my huge black and white golf umbrella to protect us from the coins raining down from the Vale muppets on the pitch...  saw one of theirs almost eaten by a police alsatian in the car park... highly amusing....  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 5, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 24
Its amazing what a football shirt does to a woman,

David Mellor was ugly I bet he would not have pulled without the shirt. ;)
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 7:57am