Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 3, 2015, 9:34pm
http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=15597

Apart from our impressive signings so far. I think Wrexham, Tranmere, Halifax and even Lincoln have made some solid signings so far.  Still think we will win the league though :-)
Posted by: Alfie, July 3, 2015, 9:40pm; Reply: 1
Chester could easily be the dark horses.
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 3, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Alfie
Chester could easily be the dark horses.

signed Chappell now as well as Hannah. Not bad but wouldnt get near our first team this season

Posted by: bobbyturtle, July 3, 2015, 10:36pm; Reply: 3
so the only paid signings have been Omar Bogle and Bradley Wood to Lincoln?
Posted by: immariner, July 3, 2015, 10:43pm; Reply: 4
Tranmere's do look impressive and you can add Andy Mangan to that now. Think Aldershot will be much improved on last season too.
Posted by: mariner91, July 4, 2015, 12:32am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Stew0_0
http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=15597

Apart from our impressive signings so far. I think Wrexham, Tranmere, Halifax and even Lincoln have made some solid signings so far.  Still think we will win the league though :-)

Really? The only one I'd be tempted to have would be Sparrow. Or Hearn if he was fit but that is a huge gamble on their behalf. Plus it's quite likely he'll not be the player he was three years ago.
Posted by: LH, July 4, 2015, 12:39am; Reply: 6
What's the chances Hearn is injured by the time we play them?
Posted by: mariner91, July 4, 2015, 1:06am; Reply: 7
Quoted from LH
What's the chances Hearn is injured by the time we play them?

Judging by his last three years, I'd say pretty high!
Posted by: lobsterpot, July 4, 2015, 7:34am; Reply: 8
I see this Max Power bloke has just transferred to Wigan.
Posted by: lukeo, July 4, 2015, 7:37am; Reply: 9
I've not followed any football much the last few weeks but seeing that list i'd say Tranmere have made some good signings and a couple of the smaller clubs have managed to get themselves some good captures.
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 4, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 10
So Hurst wants to bring in one more.  A 4th striker.

This means that we released 11 players but are only signing 7.  Leave us a bit short on last years squad??  Well I initially thought this then thought of 4 of last years that we wouldn't miss...
Hamish Watson, Caine Winfarrah, Ellis Humble and Paul Walker.

A squad of 18 pros with the 3 kids should be fine, although personally would have liked to see either another centre midfielder or another left sided defender to cover every angle with the squad.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 4, 2015, 9:56am; Reply: 11
I see Lincoln have signed Bush and Beevers. Fnarr fnarr.
Posted by: mariner91, July 4, 2015, 10:01am; Reply: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner

They're preparing to get fcuked every week.
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 4, 2015, 10:04am; Reply: 13
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Don't RHEAD into it too much because I've HEARN that they are playing with a SPARROW and its given them WOOD  :B

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 4, 2015, 10:18am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Stew0_0

Don't RHEAD into it too much because I've HEARN that they are playing with a SPARROW and its given them WOOD  :B

Just spotted Neil Woods in Cleethorpes ( or he has one hell of a double ) and definitely not RHEADING anything in that....... 8)

Posted by: Magsinrio, July 4, 2015, 10:40am; Reply: 15
Looking at that list though we seem to have just about attracted the most from the Football League
Posted by: ska face, July 4, 2015, 11:11am; Reply: 16
RHEAD this - every single flipping thread that descends into that stupid pun-a-thon deserves to go straight in the illegitimate bin and anyone taking part should be taken away and quietly executed.
Posted by: chaos33, July 4, 2015, 11:16am; Reply: 17
I agree. It's so tedious. You look at a thread hoping to learn something, and see that it's invariably made up of 90% of this kind of irritating punfest. Or, of course, people lazily asking you to tell them stuff that they could find out for themselves in 2 minutes. It's nearly as good as the 'let's count to a million' thread.

The start of the season can't come quick enough.

Ps: Disappointed if there isn't a plan to sign another centre midfielder, because we're lacking something in there for me. Maybe it's a Hurst bluff.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 4, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 18
[quote=3898

Ps: Disappointed if there isn't a plan to sign another centre midfielder, because we're lacking something in there for me. Maybe it's a Hurst bluff.[/quote]

PH is so good at playing his cards close to his chest that I assume everything he says is a massive lie! But yeah, I don't think 3 is enough, especially with Disley turning 34 soon (although he seemed as fit as ever last season so I'm probably worrying about nothing there). Someone with a bit of guile would be nice.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 4, 2015, 11:36am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19
[quote=3898

Ps: Disappointed if there isn't a plan to sign another centre midfielder, because we're lacking something in there for me. Maybe it's a Hurst bluff.

PH is so good at playing his cards close to his chest that I assume everything he says is a massive lie! But yeah, I don't think 3 is enough, especially with Disley turning 34 soon (although he seemed as fit as ever last season so I'm probably worrying about nothing there). Someone with a bit of guile would be nice.[/quote]

Burnley just given a new contract to 37 yr old defender Michael Duff. If your'e fit, you're fit.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, July 4, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Stew0_0
So Hurst wants to bring in one more.  A 4th striker.

This means that we released 11 players but are only signing 7.  Leave us a bit short on last years squad??  Well I initially thought this then thought of 4 of last years that we wouldn't miss...
Hamish Watson, Caine Winfarrah, Ellis Humble and Paul Walker.

A squad of 18 pros with the 3 kids should be fine, although personally would have liked to see either another centre midfielder or another left sided defender to cover every angle with the squad.

Think East can cover at LB if needed mate.

I'd like to see another Striker and thats it really, then leave abit left in the budget for them all important loan signings.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 4, 2015, 11:58am; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings

Burnley just given a new contract to 37 yr old defender Michael Duff. If your'e fit, you're fit.

Oh I don't disagree. But I bet they've got 3 other centre backs too!
Posted by: GtfcGarner, July 4, 2015, 12:21pm; Reply: 22
I think Chester will be a surprise package this year.
Posted by: Grimal, July 4, 2015, 2:58pm; Reply: 23
I think Eastleigh could be the dark horse this season.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 4, 2015, 3:21pm; Reply: 24
Think Eastleigh are just contenders rather than dark horses. Finished fourth last year and made decent additions - Josh Payne's a good buy as is getting Joe Partington in permanently.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 4, 2015, 4:07pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Grimal
I think Eastleigh could be the dark horse this season.
I would consider them one of the favorites, not a dark horse as such - they've already proven themselves already to reach the play-offs.

They've a budget that is basically covered by the owners so called sponsorships from his company, retained their squad and they've brought in better players.

For me I will say Bromley, because they've brought in players who have played at this level and league 2, and they have a 20+ goal scorer in the team, add on top Ademola who scored 15 last season.
Posted by: LH, July 4, 2015, 4:26pm; Reply: 26
How many people have to say they think Chester will do well before it's not a surprise?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 4, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ska face
RHEAD this - every single flipping thread that descends into that stupid pun-a-thon deserves to go straight in the illegitimate bin and anyone taking part should be taken away and quietly executed.

Well sorry if we can't reach your levels of wit and erudition.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 2:10pm