Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, July 3, 2015, 11:58pm
What do you think the first TV game will be?

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/allfixtures.php

Tranmere v Woking and Kiddie v us look the obvious ones? Torquay v Macclesfield or Lincoln v Cheltenham maybe?
Posted by: Belfast Town, July 4, 2015, 2:14am; Reply: 1
I would put money on it being the Tranmere game.  As long as they make their minds up quickly - I've got flights to book!
Posted by: lukeo, July 4, 2015, 7:29am; Reply: 2
To me being unbiased i'd say Lincoln v Cheltenham is the most appealing. (touch wood  they agree!)
Posted by: lobsterpot, July 4, 2015, 7:32am; Reply: 3
I wouldnt think our game appeals to them at all! I was watching Sky Sports News this morning and the National League fixture headlines were about Tranmere and....Wrexham's 1st game???? Really pee'd me off that did!
Posted by: wycombemariner, July 4, 2015, 7:51am; Reply: 4
I've got a family wedding on 8th Aug so selfishly I'm hoping they pick our game for TV on the Friday night so I can go.  
Posted by: Sweden, July 4, 2015, 8:16am; Reply: 5
Really hope the game will be on time. I have ordered the plane ticket to Birmingham and lands on the Saturday before lunch. Car is booked. Then it will be to watch the match on Tuesday. Then back to Sweden on Wednesday from Birmingham.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 4, 2015, 8:59am; Reply: 6
Welling v Guiseley will fill the sports bars
Posted by: aldi_01, July 4, 2015, 1:08pm; Reply: 7
In all honesty none of the games look too great, unlike last year.

There's an obsession with Wrexham and Tranmere it seems and long may it continue. We can quietly go about our business.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 6, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 8
Does anyone have an idea when they will announce their first batch of live games. Want to book train tickets to Kiddy whilst I can still get them relatively cheap but don't want to book them and then find out our game will be live.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 6, 2015, 4:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin
Does anyone have an idea when they will announce their first batch of live games. Want to book train tickets to Kiddy whilst I can still get them relatively cheap but don't want to book them and then find out our game will be live.

Last year's was announced on July 11 (http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/town-opener-chosen-for-tv-1738171.aspx), so it shouldn't be too far away.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 6, 2015, 5:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19

Last year's was announced on July 11 (http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/town-opener-chosen-for-tv-1738171.aspx), so it shouldn't be too far away.

Travel to Kidderminster will be just as far away no matter what day we play on ;)
Posted by: thevera, July 8, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 11
Tweet alert.
@Alan_Alger_: Still no details on BT's LIVE game choices from #NationalLeague. Likely to be a game on Fri 7th Aug in eve. Could be Tra v Wok or Kid v Grim
Posted by: ska face, July 8, 2015, 10:46am; Reply: 12
Can we please just remind ourselves that Alan Alger knows absolutely frig all.

That's not a comment on him personally (although it is true), but he has absolutely no involvement in the conference whatsoever this year, so is no more clued up than you or I.
Posted by: gary_elton, July 8, 2015, 6:07pm; Reply: 13
Getting to Kidderminster on a friday evening will be a nightmare from Grimsby...  M1 / A46 and
the M42 will be choc-a-block from around 2 pm...

I imagine it will knock around 500 off our travelling army....
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 8, 2015, 6:22pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from gary_elton
the M42 will be choc-a-block ....

Juction 2 near Bournville ?        ;D ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: friskneymariner, July 8, 2015, 8:07pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from gary_elton
Getting to Kidderminster on a friday evening will be a nightmare from Grimsby...  M1 / A46 and

Roadworks that are ongoing round A45/A46 are a nightmare around Coventry if anybody thinking on going Leicester M69.
Posted by: LH, July 8, 2015, 9:21pm; Reply: 16
These roadworks problems are obviously going to mean we're on telly then. Confpiracy.
Posted by: GrimRob, July 8, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 17
Last year our first match was televised and that was played on Sat lunchtime. Not sure why the Friday night theory is in vogue.
Posted by: LH, July 8, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 18
Because the PL kicks off on the same day.
Posted by: chaos33, July 8, 2015, 9:51pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from gary_elton

I think you're dead right, so kind of hope we aren't chosen, or at least, not on the Friday night.
Posted by: gary_elton, July 8, 2015, 10:15pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Juction 2 near Bournville ?        ;D ;D ;D ;D

that's the one    ;D
Posted by: WappingMariner, July 10, 2015, 3:05pm; Reply: 21
No announcement today, according to BT.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 4:27am