Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DocTower, July 4, 2015, 12:29pm
Will it be just the Findus  stand  open , pay on the gate , or ticket only.
Posted by: bluebottle, July 4, 2015, 12:31pm; Reply: 1
Just bought my ticket for main stand, was asked where I wanted to sit.
Posted by: the driver, July 4, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 2
Lower Findus for us in our season ticket seats
Posted by: DocTower, July 4, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 3
Thanks ,  should be well enough to get to this one . Really been missing it .
Posted by: Youngy, July 4, 2015, 1:37pm; Reply: 4
Hopefully Derby will bring a good following to ensure a good payday for the club.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 4, 2015, 1:39pm; Reply: 5
I shall be up at the weekend so I will be there,

Looking forward to seeing our new players.
Posted by: grimps, July 4, 2015, 1:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Youngy
Hopefully Derby will bring a good following to ensure a good payday for the club.

I doubt it , I believe we are only playing their youth team.
It reminds me of last season when I was working with two Sunderland fans , I told them that we was playing them in a friendly.
They said no chance as their first team and reserves was overseas on tour  :-/
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 4, 2015, 2:15pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from grimps

I doubt it , I believe we are only playing their youth team.
It reminds me of last season when I was working with two Sunderland fans , I told them that we was playing them in a friendly.
They said no chance as their first team and reserves was overseas on tour  :-/

Have Derby told you they are not sending their 1st team squad ?
Posted by: whitey5000, July 4, 2015, 2:18pm; Reply: 8
It's there first pre season game and they had ticket info for it on there website so guessing it will be a mix of first team and youth
Posted by: DocTower, July 4, 2015, 2:57pm; Reply: 9
Whatever or whoever,  new faces to see .
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 4, 2015, 5:47pm; Reply: 10
They will have quality players on show,

A good work out for them and us.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 4, 2015, 7:43pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete
They will have quality players on show,

A good work out for them and us.
Just blown 4.75 million on Tom Ince... it's another world lol. (unsure)
Posted by: Daz460, July 4, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 12
Will give PH a chance to view the Derby fringe/youth players, might come in handy if we need a loan player!!
Posted by: Youngy, July 5, 2015, 7:40am; Reply: 13
By all accounts this is Derby's first friendly so I guess they will bring first teamers but it will be 2 different teams.
Posted by: heppy88, July 5, 2015, 8:11am; Reply: 14
Will be at the match in the Lower Findus. I havnt been to a friendly in years. Do they normally open the whole ground for a friendly? Although I hope there are, can't imagine there will be too many there. With every one spread out, will be a bit quiet. When I went to friendly matches in the 80's and 90's they just used to open the mainstand. Looking forward to seeing the new players.
Posted by: Perkins, July 5, 2015, 12:38pm; Reply: 15
According to a mate who lives in Derby, the new manager has said he will bring a mix of players as he needs to assess them all. First team players as well as the others.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 7, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 16
Can we pay on the gate for the Derby game?
Posted by: lobsterpot, July 7, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 17
They can field the Derby player's grandparents for all i care. I goto watch town not the other team.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 7, 2015, 8:09pm; Reply: 18
Upper Findus for me and my wife, looking forward to seeing the new players against a team with Scott Carson, Darren Bent and Tom Ince whoever they are.......... 8)
Posted by: Garth, July 7, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from lobsterpot
They can field the Derby player's grandparents for all i care. I goto watch town not the other team.

Hope not because if they thrash us we would never live it down  ;D
Posted by: Simariner, July 9, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 20
They will bring the full squad of about 30 no doubt and give everyone a run out. So you'll see the likes of Ince, Bent and co as well as some youth who are pushing for a squad place.

I myself will prob end up going and sitting in my season ticket seat.

If weather is good expect more Derby fans than GTFC
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 9, 2015, 10:01pm; Reply: 21
The Derby squad for saturdays friendly in more detail

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Paul-Clement-aims-45-minutes-Grimsby/story-26872641-detail/story.html??r1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.derbytelegraph.co.uk%2FDerby-County-Paul-Clement-aims-45-minutes-Grimsby%2Fstory-26872641-detail%2Fstory.html%3F
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 10, 2015, 9:50am; Reply: 22
Quoted from cmackenzie4

You can pay at the ticket office  8)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 10, 2015, 9:56am; Reply: 23
Quoted from grimsby pete

You can pay at the ticket office  8)

See you there Pete, will look forward to it, keep a look out for us.
Posted by: Rick12, July 10, 2015, 11:24am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Just blown 4.75 million on Tom Ince... it's another world lol. (unsure)
Way football is these days a business. And to think we use to be first division club(old prem) just after the war just shows how much the game has changed since then when the minimum  wage allowed for a more level playing field

Posted by: Trawler, July 11, 2015, 9:54am; Reply: 25
Really looking forward to this afternoon's game. All the more so after the performance on Wednesday night.  

Pre season fixtures are a new one on me (only moved to GY last year) but I was shocked to see 1000 at Bradley Community stadium. And pleased by the performance of the team as a whole, especially those put in by new signings and youth.  That gate was higher than many of our Conference rivals get at a home league game.

So I'm intrigued to see how many turn out for the Derby game. 2500? It will obviously be a sterner test playing the Rams but I feel confident that if Hurst plays anything like a full strength team we will give them a proper game.  

There's such an air of togetherness and optimism with the loyalty of the retained 10, the exciting signings, Operation Promotion etc. It hasn't felt as good as this to be a Town fan for a long time and it's a pleasure to be around Blundell park at the mo. I'm going to as many pre season games as I can. It would be nice to think that every Friendly will be well supported especially at home. Think of all that revenue spent on tickets, the bars and in the club shop. All those pennies count towards what looks like a very special season.

If you're going this afternoon I look forward to seeing you there.

UTM

Posted by: speedy, July 11, 2015, 11:13am; Reply: 26
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I rang and asked this morning, you can pay on the gate, but if you want to be in the upper you need to go down to ticket office for it
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 2:13pm