Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, July 6, 2015, 3:22pm
http://www.leytonorient.com//news/article/os-complete-deal-for-forward-ollie-palmer-2518064.aspx?site=desktop

At least we can put this one to bed
Posted by: RoboCod, July 6, 2015, 3:34pm; Reply: 1
Good move for him. And us, I'd put money on him scoring against us if he'd joined an Conference team.
Nice to have another loose end nicely wrapped up, plus I find Bogle, Monkhouse and Amond potentially much more exciting than Ollie.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, July 6, 2015, 3:34pm; Reply: 2
Sad we didn't get him. I thought he was class but I suspect Bogle will be better.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 6, 2015, 3:38pm; Reply: 3
Just glad he isn't in our league to haunt us
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, July 6, 2015, 3:38pm; Reply: 4
I think we would have had him if bogle hadn't signed
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, July 6, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 5
Would have liked him here. Good luck to him at Orient. Pleased he's not at another Conference club.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 6, 2015, 3:51pm; Reply: 6
Little disappointed he hasn't come back here as I do think he would he proved to be an asset.  

More so though, as others have said, delighted he won't come back to haunt us next season.

Good luck to the lad.  Did a great job for us, made a mistake with the attempted flick clearance at Wembley which was just that - a mistake.  He didn't bottle it or fanny out, he just made an error.  One that unfortunately got punished.  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 6, 2015, 3:52pm; Reply: 7
Not at all arsed.

Good luck to him.
Posted by: mariner91, July 6, 2015, 4:00pm; Reply: 8
Good luck to him.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 6, 2015, 4:10pm; Reply: 9
As I said previously he was always southbound.
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 6, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 10
Good luck to the lad. Was exactly what we needed at the time. Gave us the boost we needed and helped get the fans back onside.  
However, I have to say that I am not too disappointed he won't be joining us. Would have been nice to have him here but not a crying shame we never got him.  
Posted by: TonySmith, July 6, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 11
Pleased about this. Ollie needs a chance to prove himself in the football league. At least he won't be doing it against us. And if it doesn't go well for him there, well maybe a mid-season loan back to where he is appreciated...
Posted by: IrishMariner, July 6, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 12
We'll meet Orient in the FA cup..
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 6, 2015, 4:54pm; Reply: 13
I'm pleased for him but can't I'm gutted he didn't sign for Town. I liked Ollie as a player but I get the impression he can be a bit of 'diva' when not selected. Also, when he wasn't playing well he was anonymous offered very little. At least JP offered pace in behind and Lenny offered aerial ability and willingness to hold the ball up!

Good luck to him at Orient!
Posted by: UTFM, July 6, 2015, 5:18pm; Reply: 14
Knowing our luck. he'll be sent out on loan to FGR in mid-season.
Posted by: KK_DOG, July 6, 2015, 5:23pm; Reply: 15
Will follow his progress, I expect him to score a shed full of goals.
Posted by: gary_elton, July 6, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 16
Good Luck Ollie... was great to see you in a Town shirt... times move on....
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, July 6, 2015, 6:15pm; Reply: 17
Good luck to Ollie and a big thanx for making last season so exciting and bringing this club and fans together as one.
Posted by: Garth, July 6, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 18
Best of luck to him, did us a turn when we needed it, think he will do OK there
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 6, 2015, 6:45pm; Reply: 19
Had a feeling he would move right back down South, just glad it's a League 2 side and not somewhere like Eastleigh - increasing their chances of promotion.

Pleased he's staying in the league, he can haunt Mansfield instead. (fishfish)
Posted by: pontoonlew, July 6, 2015, 6:56pm; Reply: 20
If we'd have gone up he'd have been know as the signing that changed our season. Did a great job here and deserves his second crack at league football.
Posted by: RichMariner, July 6, 2015, 10:03pm; Reply: 21
Someone has already said it - he was exactly what we needed, at that particular time.

Can't argue with his goal tally and general contribution. I'm not entirely sure he'll get loads of game time at Orient but I could be wrong. They've essentially signed a striker who couldn't get into Mansfield's team last season (albeit showed some quality while on loan in the Conference).
Posted by: jaymariner, July 6, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 22
It's all going off on his Facebook at the minute. His wife has been getting stick from a few Mansfield fans for being a thick plastic wag and one asks her how well educated she is and how good she is at history and she replies with:

💤💤 how's this for history..in the last two years you've paid his wages to buy our new house. Now who's the thick twit! 😂

Classic!
Posted by: ginnywings, July 6, 2015, 11:01pm; Reply: 23
Can't believe Mansfield fans would do that. It's such a cultured place and seat of learning.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 6, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 24
Orient reputed to have paid £20,000 for him.
Posted by: gary_elton, July 7, 2015, 7:51am; Reply: 25
Quoted from jaymariner
It's all going off on his Facebook at the minute. His wife has been getting stick from a few Mansfield fans for being a thick plastic wag and one asks her how well educated she is and how good she is at history and she replies with:

💤💤 how's this for history..in the last two years you've paid his wages to buy our new house. Now who's the thick twit! 😂

Classic!

Bloody brilliant...!!! Well done Mrs P  !!! ha ha...
Posted by: DocTower, July 7, 2015, 9:10am; Reply: 26
He's still young and hungry , good chance  to see if he has what it takes to take the next step and make it in the league . I trust Mr Hurst had thought about him but decided to look elsewhere . If Ollie wanted to move back down south a good move for him , fun while he was here .
Posted by: chaos33, July 7, 2015, 9:20am; Reply: 27
Quoted from jaymariner

Classic!

I hope this doesn't come across as aggressive  ;), but that also amuses me, in a kind of head shaking way. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with Facebook and Twitter world. It was an excellent riposte from Palmer's partner though.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 7, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 28
Gave us the impetuous that carried us through from Barnet (H) ago the end of the season. Was just what we needed....just at the right time. An astute signing from PH.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 7, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from friskneymariner
Orient reputed to have paid £20,000 for him.

If we'd have paid that for him I would not have argued.  Could be well worth it.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 7, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from chaos33

I hope this doesn't come across as aggressive  ;), but that also amuses me, in a kind of head shaking way. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with Facebook and Twitter world. It was an excellent riposte from Palmer's partner though.

I think it's disgusting that a player's wife/girlfriend should have to deal with morons like that on social media, but I'm with you, the best thing anyone can do is stay off it.  I refuse to use twitter or Facebook, and I've not swayed one jot when subject to peer pressure to go on it.

For what it's worth, when I saw her on the telly for the Eastleigh away leg I thought "christ, that's a fit Town fan!".  Little did I know who she was until seeing her on the 2nd leg footage when I got home from BP; fair play to Palmer, he's done well there, and fair play to her for having a go back.
Posted by: gobby, July 8, 2015, 7:55am; Reply: 31
When we beat Eastleigh 1 0, as we were leaving Ollie ran over to her and gave her a kiss, I asked were mine was and she turned and smiled at me, she laughed when I said " Off him, not you"  8)
UT MM
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 1:45pm