Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, July 7, 2015, 7:09am
Last season a game for the 2015 conference was made and it was quite enjoyable and very addictive. Does anyone know if the creator will be updating?
Posted by: psgmariner, July 7, 2015, 9:28am; Reply: 1
Meanwood Mariner is your man for this.

I believe he was hoping to do an update.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, July 7, 2015, 9:52am; Reply: 2
I am genuinely delighted by this thread and I believe it entitles me to use the term "overwhelming popular demand".

I am indeed going to do an update, really just waiting for the squads to be finalised for the new season.

Not going to change the game play but I'm going to add a couple of little things that will hopefully improve it. Player selection, away kits, plus attacking players at corners & free kicks. Also, rather than just a still screen, it will be a larger pitch and it will scroll along as you move across the screen.
Posted by: psgmariner, July 7, 2015, 10:15am; Reply: 3
And Bogle will replace LJL I hope....
Posted by: JMT, July 7, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 4
Meanwood, will the game be on android this time? Really hope so!
Posted by: excusebeef, July 7, 2015, 10:54am; Reply: 5
what's this all about?
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, July 7, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 6
JMT - Just on iOS I'm afraid. I'd need to learn another coding language to make it for Android unfortunately.

Excusebeef - Last year I made a quirky little football iphone game with all the teams and players from the conference up. Despite (or because of?) its simplicity is was reasonably well received so I'm doing an updated version soon.

Original game is here. It's free.
[url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conference-2015/id912124123?mt=8[/url]
Posted by: barralad, July 7, 2015, 1:07pm; Reply: 7
Bloody Nora....some talented people post on here! Now I was with you up to "Just on".... :o
Posted by: excusebeef, July 7, 2015, 1:48pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
JMT - Just on iOS I'm afraid. I'd need to learn another coding language to make it for Android unfortunately.

Excusebeef - Last year I made a quirky little football iphone game with all the teams and players from the conference up. Despite (or because of?) its simplicity is was reasonably well received so I'm doing an updated version soon.

Original game is here. It's free.
[url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/conference-2015/id912124123?mt=8[/url]

Ah brill. Thanks for the info
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, July 7, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 9
Ahh fantastic, I still play it! I got Town to the BPL but got relegated. Sadly though my top scorers are Hannah and LJL - hopefully Bogle and Amond will replace them!!

May I suggest having red/yellow cards and possibly injuries to players, or even a substitutes bench. A tall order I know, I just want this to be even better!. It is great fun to play, even if Neilson is the primary winger.

For the 'power ups' maybe add in:
- Increased speed for striker
- skill shot (swerve round keeper or something :) )

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
Posted by: GrimRob, July 7, 2015, 10:48pm; Reply: 10
Shouldn't it be called National League  :)

Have you looked at doing cross-platform apps with Visual Studio? https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn771552.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 8, 2015, 12:04am; Reply: 11
This the sort of thing you mean Rob?

http://anonw.com/tag/hackney-downs-station/page/2/#jp-carousel-23237
Posted by: GrimRob, July 8, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Maybe, but I can't see what it's written in because I can only see the front end.

I was just alluding to the days of having to write a seperate bit of code for every type mobile are maybe behind us, or at least heading in that direction for simple apps. I don't write apps I should point out so speak from a interested observer's point of view rather than first hand knowledge.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 14, 2015, 2:34pm; Reply: 13
Update - the new Conference 2016 game will be available from tomorrow on iTunes.

It's completely free and if you download it this weekend then it will be free from adverts too.

I'll post a link direct to it on iTunes when it's ready tomorrow. It's essentially the same game play as before but hopefully a significant improvement in many ways.

I've tried to support Town related things with advertising boards around the pitch such as The Fishy, Orphan Boy and even PSGMariner's new Message In A Bottle beer shop.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 14, 2015, 9:12pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GrimRob

Maybe, but I can't see what it's written in because I can only see the front end.

I was just alluding to the days of having to write a seperate bit of code for every type mobile are maybe behind us, or at least heading in that direction for simple apps. I don't write apps I should point out so speak from a interested observer's point of view rather than first hand knowledge.

Erm, I was making a poor joke about "cross platform apps". It was a picture of the New Bridge at Clapham Junction.  :B
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 15, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 15
As promised here's the link to the game:
[url]https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/conference-2016/id1015097735?ls=1&mt=8[/url]
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, August 15, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 16
Got to have been one of the first to download it!! Love it
Posted by: SWMariner, August 15, 2015, 2:23pm; Reply: 17
Loving the new updated game clay scores loads. Like how you can cross for other town players now. Well done mate good game  
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 15, 2015, 2:45pm; Reply: 18
Cheers fellas, really appreciate your comments, glad it's enjoyable. I rather ambitiously want to make a full footie game but that could be a long way off!
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, August 15, 2015, 5:37pm; Reply: 19
I ran out of time on  my lunchbreak at work today, ended up sneaking out a sandwich. Played it an hour straight, now in league one! UTM....might be an omen ;)
Posted by: psgmariner, August 15, 2015, 6:21pm; Reply: 20
Just started playing it. Massive improvement on the last one (not just the Grimsby themed advertising hoardings!) - love it.

Well done.
Posted by: SumatraMariner, August 15, 2015, 6:21pm; Reply: 21
2040 and Grimsby have been top 3 in the premier over twenty year, so that will see me dead and buried. I suppose I will have to have a go at the 2016 version

It is very addictive and great fun

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Tinymariner, August 15, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 22
Great update, love the fact that you can pass to players on corners and free kicks.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, August 16, 2015, 6:13pm; Reply: 23
Great game! Pro difficultly is so difficult! Ha!
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 4:19am