Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 19, 2015, 5:49pm
I will be starting another season of the ever popular Icenian Prediction League soon. I have sent PM's to the 32 entrants last time to give them first refusal for the new league.

So far I have a several replies and there are currently 4 places available for anyone else who wishes to take part this time around. Please only enter though if you are willing to predict on a regular basis over the course of the 16 weeks that the league will run for.

I am still awaiting a number of replies so there maybe more spaces become available, but at the moment there are 4 available on a first come first served basis to those posting on this thread.

If you unfamiliar with the rules, I post a list of 6 fixtures each week to predict, you score 3 points for an exact correct score and 1 point for a correct result, but wrong score. You also have one game which you can "nap" and any points scored in that game will be doubled. Also if you get the total of goals in the 6 games correct you score a 2 point bonus and a 1 point bonus for being 1 out either way.

The league stage will run for 12 weeks and the top 16 will then go into the knockout stages which are played on a one-off basis.

There is no cost and the league is free to enter but please only enter if you can commit to predicting each week.
Posted by: LH, July 19, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 1
I'll be in again please Les.
Posted by: Bovine, July 19, 2015, 7:13pm; Reply: 2
Yes please Les if there is space

Bovine
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 19, 2015, 7:17pm; Reply: 3
Put me down Les
Posted by: vinno69, July 19, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 4
Count me in Les if there is space.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 19, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 5
Im in Les!
Posted by: lukeo, July 19, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 6
Would i be able to  join Les? I'm managing to get on the fishy on a more regular basis now so would love to join in properly
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, July 19, 2015, 8:54pm; Reply: 7
Didn't do it the last time around, but enjoyed when I did do it (even though I was terrible). Can you put me down for one of the open spaces please?
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 19, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 8
LH, Hagrid and Chris have been send a PM anyway.

New entrants will be Bovine, Vinno69, Lukeo and Joe The Mariner.

There has just been 1 more place become available now, so one more place up for grabs still at the minute.
Posted by: Freemoash88, July 19, 2015, 9:19pm; Reply: 9
Les did you get my PM?
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, July 19, 2015, 9:20pm; Reply: 10
I will participate please Les
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 19, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Freemoash88
Les did you get my PM?

Yes mate. I sent a PM to everyone who entered the last league.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 19, 2015, 9:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
I will participate please Les

Ok, that's the last available place for now.

I am still awaiting replies from 8 people though so there could be more places available if I don't hear by next Saturday.
Posted by: scoregasm, July 19, 2015, 10:03pm; Reply: 13
If you get another space count me in les please.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 20, 2015, 7:16am; Reply: 14
Quoted from scoregasm
If you get another space count me in les please.

Ok, I'm fairly sure there will be at least one more place available.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 20, 2015, 8:07am; Reply: 15
Yes please again Les..........
Posted by: sonik, July 20, 2015, 9:07am; Reply: 16
Yes please again Les.

UTM!
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 20, 2015, 9:19am; Reply: 17
So far then...

Last season's entrants confirmed for the new league.

WOZOFGRIMSBY, SONIK, BIGGLES9999, FREEMOASH88, GRANTHAM MARINER, MARINER JASE, ABDUL19, BOBBY TURTLE, RICHARD, IVANO SANDWICH, PRESTON MARINER, LH, HAGRID, MIGHTY MARINER, CMacKENZIE4, CRUSTY OLE PIE, GRIMSBY PETE, FISHOUTOFWATER, THEVERA, BIG CHRIS, GOBBY

Still waiting for a reply from..

GTFC71, WIZBIT, MIKE502, GARY ELTON, PIZZZZA, PONNY FAN

New Entrants

BOVINE, VINNO69, LUKEO, JOE THE MARINER, FCUKTHESCUNTS

First reserve

SCOREGASM

I have set a deadline to reply to my invite of next Saturday (25th) so if I haven't heard back by then, places will be offered to new entrants.
Posted by: gary_elton, July 27, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 18
I hope you got my reply Les... wud hate to think you've crossed me off....

(eek)(hang)
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 27, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 19
Right then, of all the entrants last season, there are only 2 I do not appear to have received a reply from. One though is Ponny Fan, which is very unusal as he always takes part, so I have sent him another PM giving him until Wednesday to let me know.

The other place will go to the 1st reserve Scoregasm. If I do not get a reply from Ponny Fan by Wednesday then there will be 1 more place up for grabs but the 31 confirmed entrants are......

WOZOFGRIMSBY, SONIK, BIG CHRIS, FREEMOASH88, GRANTHAM MARINER, MARINER JASE, ABDUL19, BOBBY TURTLE, RICHARD, WIZBIT, MIKE502, IVANO SANDWICH, PRESTON MARINER, LH, HAGRID, MIGHTY MARINER, CMacKENZIE4, GARY ELTON, PIZZZZA, CRUSTY OLE PIE, GRIMSBY PETE, FISHOUTOFWATER, THEVERA, BIGGLES9999, GOBBY, BOVINE, VINNO69, LUKEO, JOETHEMARINER, FCUKTHESCUNTS and SCOREGASM

I will post the first set of fixtures to predict for the 8th, this Saturday (1st August) along with a quick resume of the rules.
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, July 28, 2015, 7:23am; Reply: 20
I'll take the reserve place please if he doesn't reply
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 28, 2015, 8:59am; Reply: 21
Quoted from ClarkyGTFC
I'll take the reserve place please if he doesn't reply

Ok Clarky.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 31, 2015, 5:29pm; Reply: 22
Well I haven't had a reply from Ponny Fan which is unusual (I hope that he's okay) so ClarkeyGTFC will take the final place.

I will make a sticky at the top of the board and post the first set of fixtures tomorrow.
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, July 31, 2015, 6:34pm; Reply: 23
Thanks les
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 1, 2015, 6:56am; Reply: 24
First weeks fixtures are now on the sticky thread.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 10:59pm