Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 10:28am
Anybody want a bit of fun ,the Echo is running an online survey of what people want the Wimps to achieve this year,just log onto this is lincolnshire.  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 24, 2015, 10:44am; Reply: 1
just done my vote - relegation battle
Posted by: ska face, July 24, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 2
LOL!

That'll show em!
Posted by: MrFisherman, July 24, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 3
All Town fans should vote and give them a reality check LOL :(
Posted by: winston, July 24, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 4
done 😀
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, July 24, 2015, 1:31pm; Reply: 5
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/think-Lincoln-City-season/story-27476978-detail/story.html

relegation

Join the vote guys n girls  ;)
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 24, 2015, 1:40pm; Reply: 6
I have honestly voted Top 10 because I don't really get what's funny about hi-jacking a poll?
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 1:49pm; Reply: 7
And do you think they would not hesitate for one minute to do the same to us,remember Anthony Eldin.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 24, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Chrisblor
I have honestly voted Top 10 because I don't really get what's funny about hi-jacking a poll?

its gr8 bantz #ladz
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 24, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from friskneymariner
And do you think they would not hesitate for one minute to do the same to us,remember Anthony Eldin.

Oh no not our polls!!!!!!
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 10
You seem to ignore the fact that this is not L.C.F.C. but a poll run by the Echo which covers the whole of Lincolnshire.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 2:37pm; Reply: 11
How can you say it does not reflect my true opinion.  perhaps you would like to tell me what my opinions are.r,if you took the time to read my original post I no way told anybody what to put,I live in an area covered by the Echo and it often has articles relating to Grimsby and N.E. Lincs. Have you not heard of Article 10 of the Human Rights Convention.
Posted by: DickBarton, July 24, 2015, 2:44pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from immariner
The Echo does not cover North or North East Lincolnshire. But what's its coverage got to do with anything? You're encouraging people to troll an online poll with answers that don't reflect their true opinions, solely for the purpose of your own pointless amusement, get a grip.

Boy oh boy! What is this world coming to?
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 2:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from DickBarton

Boy oh boy! What is this world coming to?

Exactly male private some people need a sense of humour transplant.,
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 2:54pm; Reply: 14
Sorry not calling you a male private site filter has changed it.
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 24, 2015, 2:55pm; Reply: 15

Exactly male private some people need a sense of humour transplant.,

Yeah, anyone who finds rigging a poll funny certainly does.
Posted by: DickBarton, July 24, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 16
Sorry not calling you a male private site filter has changed it.

A lot have the same problem, try calling me Dik or something like 8)

Posted by: DickBarton, July 24, 2015, 3:08pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yeah, anyone who finds rigging a poll funny certainly does.

WOW! There flying low today!

Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 3:11pm; Reply: 18
Who said anything about rigging a poll.Your are saying that somebody in Grimsby does not have the right to take part in a survey in the public forum,not I emphasise on the clubs forum.
I have not advocated what opinion anybody should express.
What have you got about the people of Grimsby expressing their opinion or do you think they should not be allowed to take part in a survey run by The Lincolnshire Echo.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 3:12pm; Reply: 19
Certainly are D.B.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 3:14pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Chrisblor

Oh no not our polls!!!!!!

Cannot you grasp the concept that this not their poll,but a survey in a public arena.
Posted by: immariner, July 24, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 21
How can you say it does not reflect my true opinion.  perhaps you would like to tell me what my opinions are.r,if you took the time to read my original post I no way told anybody what to put,I live in an area covered by the Echo and it often has articles relating to Grimsby and N.E. Lincs. Have you not heard of Article 10 of the Human Rights Convention.

It was obvious what you were inferring and some people clearly followed your lead. Feel free to influence the results of whatever poll you like mate, just don't expect those of us without a sense of humour to find it the height of hilarity. Gotta get your kicks somewhere.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 3:24pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from immariner

It was obvious what you were inferring and some people clearly followed your lead. Feel free to influence the results of whatever poll you like mate, just don't expect those of us without a sense of humour to find it the height of hilarity. Gotta get your kicks somewhere.

What rank do you hold in the thought police.
Posted by: immariner, July 24, 2015, 3:56pm; Reply: 23

What rank do you hold in the thought police.

Cuntstubble, obviously.

Has everyone voted for relegation yet?  ;D
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 4:11pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from immariner

Cuntstubble, obviously.

Has everyone voted for relegation yet?  ;D

To quote Oscar Wilde,

I refuse to enter into a battle of wits with someone who is obviously unarmed.  
Posted by: immariner, July 24, 2015, 4:19pm; Reply: 25

To quote Oscar Wilde,

I refuse to enter into a battle of wits with someone who is obviously unarmed.  

Ha, yeah ok buddy, you got me.

“A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business." - A.A. Milne.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 4:25pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from immariner

Ha, yeah ok buddy, you got me.

“A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business." - A.A. Milne.

Lets get one thing clear you are not ,you never have,and more importantly never be may buddy.

Ah! A.A. Milne the author of that well know erudite philosophical work  Winne the Pooh.
Posted by: ska face, July 24, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 27
Classic Fishy. Absolutely textbook.
Posted by: immariner, July 24, 2015, 4:33pm; Reply: 28

Lets get one thing clear you are not ,you never have,and more importantly never be may buddy.

Ah! A.A. Milne the author of that well know erudite philosophical work  Winne the Pooh.

Aww, meanie!  :P If you really think that then I suggest you look at Winnie the Pooh again. A.A. Milne has been much discussed as a philosopher. But that's for another day.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 4:44pm; Reply: 29
I am obviously at a disadvantage as it probably your current read.

Anyway will have to curtail this conversation as it is nearly going home time thanks for whiling away a dreary Friday afternoon,but I am now leaving the City of the Dammed for the beautiful environs of Boston.

I get  paid for attempting to educate and enlighten the good residents of Lincoln,don't intend to do it in my leisure time.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from ska face
Classic Fishy. Absolutely textbook.

It may a dreary Friday afternoon at work pass a bit quicker,glad you found it entertaining,hope I did not overstep the mark. Another week nearer my pension.
Posted by: immariner, July 24, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 31
I am obviously at a disadvantage as it probably your current read.

Anyway will have to curtail this conversation as it is nearly going home time thanks for whiling away a dreary Friday afternoon,but I am now leaving the City of the Dammed for the beautiful environs of Boston.

I get  paid for attempting to educate and enlighten the good residents of Lincoln,don't intend to do it in my leisure time.

Ok buddy, it's been a hoot. Safe journey. :)
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from immariner

Ok buddy, it's been a hoot. Safe journey. :)

Not aimed at you immariner,but why should anybody redcross this post.Surely this not someone who posts on here so twisted as to wish harm to a fellow? mariner fan
Posted by: bax, July 24, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 33
You've been rumbled. Haha.

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Mischievous-Grimsby-Town-fans-hijack-poll/story-27478419-detail/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 24, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 34
Their manager is a Sunday league manager already I'm told a new signing who's had a decent career is questioning the training methods  ;)
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 8:13pm; Reply: 35
Gave us a bit of entertainment on dreary Fri afternoon,nowhere did it say it was survey exclusively for Lincoln fans.

I would say this survey is methodologically flawed both in construct validity and sample validity,should teach the lazy journalists at the Echo  to be more rigorous when conducting surveys.
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 24, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 36
You couldn't even use the Lincolnshire echo as toilet paper due to the amount of excrement already on it's pages.  Lincoln are going no where and they should be grateful for any attention we give them, even if it is just poking fun.  Just like they should be grateful we take 3 times the support to their place than they do ours.
Posted by: LH, July 24, 2015, 8:51pm; Reply: 37
#ssnhqsanchez
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 9:02pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from bax

I'll go to my room and give myself a good talking to.
Posted by: bostonian, July 24, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 39
Gave us a bit of entertainment on dreary Fri afternoon,nowhere did it say it was survey exclusively for Lincoln fans.

I would say this survey is methodologically flawed both in construct validity and sample validity,should teach the lazy journalists at the Echo  to be more rigorous when conducting surveys.

As we are talking football the word tinpot would I think be a fair discription of the article .
Sadly articles of this poor quality seem fairly common on the Lincs Echo sports pages recently .
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 24, 2015, 9:07pm; Reply: 40
#male private barton

#serious heads

#top thread
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from jonnyboy82
#male private barton

#serious heads

#top thread

Can some somebody more computer literate explain this please
Posted by: RoboCod, July 24, 2015, 9:31pm; Reply: 42
The standard of the Echo just keeps plummeting. I doubt John Pakey would even have qualified as a journo 20 years ago, but it says a lot for the publication that this garbage makes it past the editor.
The Echo is like the local team, it's been so long since anything of quality was produced that the locals don't know any better.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 24, 2015, 9:34pm; Reply: 43
All they do is monitor twitter feeds and rely on bland press statements from the Police and L.C.C.
Posted by: sydney, July 25, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 44
Posted relegation battle as my disregard for imps is unhealthy really
And they beat us twice last year
How will we know results?
Come on Town!!
Posted by: Caesar, July 28, 2015, 4:41pm; Reply: 45
Forgive for me returning this thread to prominence but if people are not in the habit of checking Lincolnshire Echo they may have missed this rather amusing article:

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Mischievous-Grimsby-Town-fans-hijack-poll/story-27478419-detail/story.html
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 28, 2015, 6:03pm; Reply: 46
Not guilty.
Posted by: UTFM, July 28, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 47
How embarrassing for the LE.
Posted by: chicaneuk, July 28, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 48
I really hope we stuff them at both encounters this season, so we can put the losses last season down to nothing more than a 'blip' :|
Posted by: sydney, July 28, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 49
I agree with article
We should ignore them and just take the six points
It's their big game and we shouldn't be sucked into it
Come on Town!!
Posted by: Helgy, July 28, 2015, 11:10pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from sydney
I agree with article
We should ignore them and just take the six points
It's their big game and we shouldn't be sucked into it
Come on Town!!

And yours to ;-)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, July 30, 2015, 12:13am; Reply: 51
Bill and Ben are just walking away from Blundell Park after a boring 8-0 drubbing of Lincoln when a mob of 50 Imp wanabees start chasing them down Hart Street giving it the big 'un.
The poor lads are shitting theirselves as they run into Sydney park and  knock their mate Mick off his feet in their hurried attempt at escape.
They turn and look in terror at the approaching firm but the leading Gimp screeches to a halt, holds his arms out to stop the rampaging mob behind him and says.
"balderdash, there's three of them, leg it lads, it's a flipping ambush!"
Posted by: highcliff mariner, July 30, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 52
Quoted from Helgy

And yours to ;-)

Apart from size of crowd , I don't see the Lincoln games been" big" games in our season .
Utm
Posted by: RoboCod, July 30, 2015, 9:15am; Reply: 53
I see you've gone all'Lincoln Echo' Helgy...what to put on the front page of our big crowdfunder..hmm.....I know...a video of us scoring against Grimsby! What else is there!

Keep it up, an assistant job alongside John Pakey awaits. ::)
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 30, 2015, 4:44pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Bill and Ben are just walking away from Blundell Park after a boring 8-0 drubbing of Lincoln when a mob of 50 Imp wanabees start chasing them down Hart Street giving it the big 'un.
The poor lads are shitting theirselves as they run into Sydney park and  knock their mate Mick off his feet in their hurried attempt at escape.
They turn and look in terror at the approaching firm but the leading Gimp screeches to a halt, holds his arms out to stop the rampaging mob behind him and says.
"balderdash, there's three of them, leg it lads, it's a flipping ambush!"

We should be careful not to upset the Gimps or they will all go blubbering to the Police like they did when Elding thrust his hips at them MJ style.
Posted by: friskneymariner, July 30, 2015, 4:53pm; Reply: 55
Ive got a friend who is a L.C.F.C. supporter who walking away from a match one day found a season ticket on the floor.
After some thought about what to do he decided to nailed it to the gate.

Next match when he looked someone had stolen the nail.  
Posted by: Helgy, July 30, 2015, 6:13pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from RoboCod
I see you've gone all'Lincoln Echo' Helgy...what to put on the front page of our big crowdfunder..hmm.....I know...a video of us scoring against Grimsby! What else is there!

Keep it up, an assistant job alongside John Pakey awaits. ::)

I had both his beautiful strikes on to be fair.

You get the Echo in Grimsby?

I'll ask Sam Morris about that when I play football with him tomorrow lol.

Posted by: diehardmariner, July 31, 2015, 10:21am; Reply: 57
With regards Lincoln.  I couldn't give a crap about them in all honesty.

The way they mocked us when we were relegated stuck in the throat for a bit but I got over it.  They see us as their big rival so it's only natural they would take a rare opportunity to lord it over us.  I struggled to hide a wry smile 12 months later when they choked in front of their own fans to avoid the dreaded drop themselves.

The last few seasons the two derby games have been a bit of extra spice to the season and of course it's always nice to get one over on your local rivals.  In all honesty though I've never seen Lincoln as a local rival, more of a little brother you ruffle the hair of and wish the best.  Someone who we sent our cast-off players too and hoped they had more success further down the road than they had here.    Barnsley and the Sheffield clubs are who I always saw as our rivals.  Lincoln, Scunny, Donny and even Hull were usually at least a league below us.  The only chance to play them was in cup competitions or pre-season.  Yes times have changed but it's still hard to view Lincoln as an actual rival, just because they're geographically close to us.    Even when we were in League Two together and in play-off battles, I saw Wycombe as more of a rival side.  Rivalries go deeper than just miles between the clubs.

It was brilliant to have that little bit of a thing over Lincoln in recent years where they kept collapsing at Sincil Bank and it was a bit of a disappointment for them to do the double over us last season.   That said I'll happily take two 5-0 defeats in both games if it means we're crowned Champions.

This season is about one thing - finishing first.  At this moment in time I want us to beat Lincoln as much as I want us to beat Welling, Boreham Wood, Gateshead, everyone.  
Posted by: RoboCod, July 31, 2015, 10:57am; Reply: 58
I doubt the Echo is sold in Grimsby, but then I live in Lincoln, which is why I'm so clued up on the spiteful nature of the clubs fans. Must add it's not all of them, the older generation have a sensible, even knowledgeable outlook on the rivalry, and football in general.
Nothing against you Helgy, you do your best to keep things balanced, but there are those on Rivals who have insisted that IF Lincoln had ever got to the higher divisions they'd be bigger than GTFC, and WHEN they do this, IF they ever do that....so many years of excuses for everything, a set of fans who dare not face up to anything. If they do get get banned from Rivals.

Diehard mentioned the stick/abuse we got when Lincoln fans flooded this and every other GTFC forum to mock, a year later you followed us down yet closed your forum to new posters for a few days. FFS, take these things on the chin, you may become better and stronger for it.

We could take the two respective crowdfunders as a decent yardstick. Over £100,000 to your  Â£18,000 is a pretty comprehensive answer, though I'm sure there are some prize winning excuses as to the difference in totals.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, July 31, 2015, 11:09am; Reply: 59
Agree with Robo that most of my generation, older guys, rivalry is friendly banter & they are not upset by a town victory unless it is against them. Quite funny last night as I was in the Strugglers and Chairman Bob Dorrian was in with two Lincoln fans fawning all over him.

Early reports on their style of play in friiendlies is that the norm prevails and big men with a big boot.

Sadly will miss game here as I will be on holiday, a number of locals are dreading us getting off to a flyer as they fear the number of fans that will turn up for a Saturday afternoon fixture on a hot August day.
Posted by: Helgy, July 31, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from RoboCod
I doubt the Echo is sold in Grimsby, but then I live in Lincoln, which is why I'm so clued up on the spiteful nature of the clubs fans. Must add it's not all of them, the older generation have a sensible, even knowledgeable outlook on the rivalry, and football in general.
Nothing against you Helgy, you do your best to keep things balanced, but there are those on Rivals who have insisted that IF Lincoln had ever got to the higher divisions they'd be bigger than GTFC, and WHEN they do this, IF they ever do that....so many years of excuses for everything, a set of fans who dare not face up to anything. If they do get get banned from Rivals.

Diehard mentioned the stick/abuse we got when Lincoln fans flooded this and every other GTFC forum to mock, a year later you followed us down yet closed your forum to new posters for a few days. FFS, take these things on the chin, you may become better and stronger for it.

We could take the two respective crowdfunders as a decent yardstick. Over £100,000 to your  Â£18,000 is a pretty comprehensive answer, though I'm sure there are some prize winning excuses as to the difference in totals.

I get what you mean. Not sure about how many fans think we would be bigger not something a lot of fans think about really.

We do have a toxic element that tries its best to unsettle things, had one person quit vital because it was too positive.

Not sure about comparing the two in total we have raised £187,000 since April, those that gave to the shares & bonds were never likely to donate to the crowd funder because of the large donations they had already given. I knew that from the off so anything the crowd funder raised was a bonus really and we got a player out of it.

Posted by: RoboCod, July 31, 2015, 2:50pm; Reply: 61
Fair enough but I guarantee that any bonds and share issue would just be swallowed up by Grimsby fans and more money added. It just would.
The crowdfunding has given the Town faithful a real appetite for not just raising money but creating a buzz about the place, getting them in the news and sticking two fingers up to the SKINT mob.

We need to take this chance and bring this club back from the almost-dead. It's all there in place, just waiting, and now for once the fans feel like they are actually behind it and that's why such a staggering amount was raised.

Posted by: friskneymariner, July 31, 2015, 3:21pm; Reply: 62
Having worked in the city of the damned for 20 years believe there is a lot of banter most of it aimed at me,nothing unhealthy about that.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 3:21pm