Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wycombemariner, July 25, 2015, 10:06am
Anyone know what the injury is exactly, and how long he might be out?
Posted by: oldun, July 25, 2015, 6:19pm; Reply: 1
I believe he said it is the knee he injured at the end of last season
Posted by: wycombemariner, July 25, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 2
So it's the same injury that nearly made him miss the final and made him come off early?
Posted by: oldun, July 25, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 3
I believe so
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 25, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 4
Crucial player im glad he's not being rushed
Posted by: Youngy, July 26, 2015, 7:31am; Reply: 5
He's been doing training on the pitch before the last 2 home games so he can't be far away.
Posted by: Garth, July 26, 2015, 7:55am; Reply: 6
As much as I like Gregor he's going to have to go some to claim his place back on yesterday's showings
Posted by: BrickTop, July 26, 2015, 9:09am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Garth
As much as I like Gregor he's going to have to go some to claim his place back on yesterday's showings

Agreed. Great options to have though, really steady player at this level. I'm sure even the manager himself fancies his chances at left back, playing in this team.

UTM
Posted by: wycombemariner, July 26, 2015, 10:48am; Reply: 8
Gregor is a proper footballer, already knows in his head what's gonna happen before the ball is played.  I hear the new full back has played well but for me Robertson is the first choice every week!
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), July 26, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 9
Quoted from wycombemariner
Gregor is a proper footballer, already knows in his head what's gonna happen before the ball is played.  I hear the new full back has played well but for me Robertson is the first choice every week!

East has been fantastic and really likes getting forward. His link up play is very impressive and his set piece delivery will be a valuable asset to have.
There is no need to rush Gregor back when we have a player like East to our disposal.  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 26, 2015, 12:41pm; Reply: 10
East has been superb, so far looks a cracking little player.
Posted by: Grantley, July 26, 2015, 1:55pm; Reply: 11
I think East may well be one of our best signings. Each year, we've thought players like Brown, Kerr and Hatton etc were going to deliver good set pieces (which they didn't). Now, with someone who can actually deliver, we might now be able to score more from free kicks and corners, as opposed to seeing the keeper or first man clear it, resulting in expasperation from the crowd.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), July 26, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 12
East looks a great signing but he is very right footed. Not ideal for a left back so it will be good to have Gregor back. East will do fine though if need be.
Posted by: brad_gtfc, July 26, 2015, 2:42pm; Reply: 13
East being so versatile will probably work against him, which is a shame.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 26, 2015, 5:08pm; Reply: 14
Im starting to think that car share of magnays not coming off might not be that bad after all hey  ;D
Posted by: chaos33, July 26, 2015, 7:19pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from wycombemariner

How do you make that call if you haven't seen the two new full backs play?
I agree that Gregor is very good indeed, but East and Tait have both looked consistently excellent and have strong claims on both spots. Gregor might have to be patient when he is fit.
Posted by: acko338, July 26, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 16
There's going to be competition in all positions in the outfield, and therefore no rush to rush Gregor to premature fitness, only to break down again. His time will come !

Squad game now, with plenty of quick turn round games throughout the season with league and cup games.and those that understand the team ethos will be happy for those playing well !

Both East and Tait were greeted as - Who ??? - but both are proving to have slotted in very well into a tight back four unit.

Good to see such team spirit and competition for the starting 11 - best of luck keeping them all happy, Mr Hurst !

At least the reserves will keep them fit and ready to slot in when needed !
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, July 27, 2015, 3:00am; Reply: 17
He's got time to recover - and we have cover too - we will need him though as we push on
Posted by: Rik e B, July 28, 2015, 12:11am; Reply: 18
It's East's to lose right now (imo) and rightly so. Gregor's chance will come no doubt, it's a long old slog.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, July 28, 2015, 7:53am; Reply: 19
Is Robertson signed and, if not, definitely coming back to GY?
Posted by: ginnywings, July 28, 2015, 7:56am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Is Robertson signed and, if not, definitely coming back to GY?

Yes.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, July 28, 2015, 8:22am; Reply: 21
Amazing that we have 4 players injured who might all expect to be in or near the first team - Macca, Brown, Robertson and Bogle - but the quality of the squad means they don't need to be rushed back.  Every player in the squad is good enough to play which hasn't always been the case.

In a way it's maybe a blessing that Bogle is injured as it's taken the pressure off him to perform from day 1.  Instead he will actually have to work hard to make the team.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:29am