Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 26, 2015, 3:14pm
Could someone tell me what I am missing here?

Kiddy tickets go on sale to season ticket holders tomorrow, great I thought bearing in mind I will be at work in central London I thought I would ring and book ours and get them posted out.

So I asked about this yesterday to be told I had to wait until Wednesday as they where not taking phone bookings till then? I did point out that we where season ticket holders but still got the brush off???
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 26, 2015, 3:27pm; Reply: 1
Its about time we had an exile season ticket procedure.

Other clubs do. Quite simple you register you season ticket/s with ticket office. They mark you book 'EXILE'  You give them a password. They have a card index, so when you phone they look you up, confirm password, and mark card (instead of hole/mark in your season ticket book) and sell you tickets for collection or post. SIMPLE.

ARE YOU LISTENING GTFC TICKET OFFICE.
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 26, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 2
ffs, one of the main reasons I bought a season ticket this year was so I could easily purchase tickets to popular games. I needn't have bothered if this is how the club treats season ticket holders who can't physically visit blundell park during the priority sales window.
Posted by: BIGChris, July 26, 2015, 4:11pm; Reply: 3
Am I missing something?
From reading the OP the club hasn't said you cannot order over the phone, just that you have to wait 2 days, still 10 days before the game, presumably because they are expecting a rush and available staff will be serving at the counter for this and the opening home games.
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 26, 2015, 4:22pm; Reply: 4
If they're so busy, they could easily resolve this problem by putting the tickets up for sale on the club shop website for sale while requring you to enter your name / seat details / book number? Not providing a clear method for exiled season ticket holders (who've splashed out a lot of money on their ticket and on travel to each home match) to purchase tickets in high demand is just poor customer service. I contacted the club over twitter about this last week and never received a response. From this thread it sounds like if I'd phoned up to ask they'd have fobbed me off as well - again it's just poor to treat your most loyal / dedicated customers in that manner.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 26, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from BIGChris
Am I missing something?
From reading the OP the club hasn't said you cannot order over the phone, just that you have to wait 2 days, still 10 days before the game, presumably because they are expecting a rush and available staff will be serving at the counter for this and the opening home games.

Fair point, a web fix for this problem would help everybody I reckon.
Posted by: mimma, July 26, 2015, 4:43pm; Reply: 6
Perhaps Kiddy haven't sent us the tickets yet, so there isn't any to send out.
Posted by: Caesar, July 26, 2015, 5:02pm; Reply: 7
This talk is getting me really worried I won't get tickets, trust member so think I can get them Friday, surely we are not going to sell out our allocation? would be truly amazing support if we did.
Posted by: Garth, July 26, 2015, 6:59pm; Reply: 8
Stop panicking, there will be plenty to go around
Posted by: codcheeky, July 26, 2015, 7:08pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Garth
Stop panicking, there will be plenty to go around

Wouldn`t be at all surprised if we sold this out
Posted by: Belfast Town, July 26, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Caesar
This talk is getting me really worried I won't get tickets, trust member so think I can get them Friday, surely we are not going to sell out our allocation? would be truly amazing support if we did.

They'll be room in the home end if we do sell out!
Posted by: lukeo, July 26, 2015, 8:23pm; Reply: 11
I'll be very shocked if we sell out, 1.600 i reckon.
Posted by: grimps, July 26, 2015, 9:51pm; Reply: 12
They'll still sell them on the day anyway , we've heard all this crap before and everyone wh wants to go always gets in.
There's some right old panic merchants on here
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 26, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 13
We might not sell 2100 tickets but there will probably be 2100 there if you count the sharks!  ;)
Posted by: Biccys, July 26, 2015, 11:40pm; Reply: 14
HOORAY! Some good old fashioned fishy moaning!
Posted by: TonyCrane, July 26, 2015, 11:48pm; Reply: 15
Recently became a Mariners Trust member but haven't a membership card or anything like that so how is it you prove at the club shop you are a Trust member when you go to purchase a ticket?
Posted by: BIGChris, July 27, 2015, 6:49am; Reply: 16
Quoted from TonyCrane
Recently became a Mariners Trust member but haven't a membership card or anything like that so how is it you prove at the club shop you are a Trust member when you go to purchase a ticket?

The club are provided with a full list of members on such occasions
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 17
I think the EXILE season ticket would be a good idea,

They could give us 10 or 15 games season ticket,

That would encourage us to try and get to more home games,

I understand they can not reserve us a seat as we will not be attending all games,

BUT

They could give us a seat in the normal way somewhere near our asking place,

On second thoughts maybe an 8 game season ticket as well,

I would be hard pushed to make ten.
Posted by: gobby, July 27, 2015, 11:42am; Reply: 18
£14 to stand and not £11 as we were originally told. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 27, 2015, 12:04pm; Reply: 19
Don't believe everything you read on here, our ticket office are wonderful.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 27, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 20
all this talk about selling out makes me gutted that im missing it!
Posted by: Southernboy, July 27, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 21
Totally agree. Many years ago now Town were away at Orient, hadn't noticed it was all ticket and called Thursday prior to the game. We travelled across from Reading and office sent the tickets on the coach, we picked them up from Orient's ticket office.
Posted by: Tommy, July 27, 2015, 4:09pm; Reply: 22
Bit disappointed with the ticket office for not allowing 2 Kidderminster tickets to be bought today using 1 season ticket.

Why state on the website it is one-for-one but at ticket office managers discretion if they won't let you buy one extra ticket?
Posted by: TonyCrane, July 27, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 23
Ticket manager obviously didn't like you and decided at his own discretion to make it as awkward as possible for you.
Posted by: Tommy, July 27, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 24
That would've been understandable  ;D however my old man had sent my mother to go and get them for us today.

Not a major issue but a wasted journey still and I don't know what the criteria is for being allowed to buy more than one, maybe if you know someone in the ticket office I don't know?
Posted by: Garth, July 27, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 25
I tried for four today with two season tickets and got only the two, maybe it will relax a little as time goes on and the demand is better understood
Posted by: LH, July 27, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 26
It won't sell out so I don't see why they have to make it so difficult and have these unneccessary grey areas?
Posted by: Jaws, July 27, 2015, 7:33pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think the EXILE season ticket would be a good idea,

They could give us 10 or 15 games season ticket,

That would encourage us to try and get to more home games,

I understand they can not reserve us a seat as we will not be attending all games,

BUT

They could give us a seat in the normal way somewhere near our asking place,

On second thoughts maybe an 8 game season ticket as well,

I would be hard pushed to make ten.

This would work well for shift-workers, given that they're are so many in the town.

Just give the club money for 5, 10, 15 matches upfront and pick and choose which ones you can make at the time of booking or with so many days notice of the game. When it comes to priority games you have first dibs after season ticket holders, possibly trust members (not too sure whether this should be take priority over the trust or not)
Posted by: gobby, July 27, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 28
I tried for an extra 1 today and was told I would probably get extra tomorrow but not on the first day!  8)
UTMM
Posted by: Paris Mariner, July 27, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 29
We'll do well to sell 1,000 tickets I'd say.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2015, 8:40pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Jaws

This would work well for shift-workers, given that they're are so many in the town.

Just give the club money for 5, 10, 15 matches upfront and pick and choose which ones you can make at the time of booking or with so many days notice of the game. When it comes to priority games you have first dibs after season ticket holders, possibly trust members (not too sure whether this should be take priority over the trust or not)

Good idea, I think all town fans should join the Trust so then it would not make a difference who got 1st call on tickets.

1st grabs  STH

2nd up   Mini STH and Trust members

3rd   Open sale
Posted by: davmariner, July 28, 2015, 10:34am; Reply: 31
Have just rung and booked my Kidderminster ticket over the phone, to be delivered.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 28, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from davmariner
Have just rung and booked my Kidderminster ticket over the phone, to be delivered.

Cheers for the heads up.....
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 28, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 33
just got 3 tickets for Kidderminster using 2 season tickets with no problems
Posted by: winston, July 28, 2015, 2:42pm; Reply: 34
I got four Tickets for Kidd on two season tickets apparently the one Kidd  ticket per season ticket holder has been relaxed 😀
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 2:03am