Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Ipswin, July 29, 2015, 1:37pm
Apologies if this has already been mentioned (I can't see it anywhere) Aswad Thomas has signed for Eastlegh
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 29, 2015, 1:42pm; Reply: 1
Good signing for them if he's managed to overcome his 'problems'.
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, July 29, 2015, 1:51pm; Reply: 2
Has he definitely signed as I believe he was just on trial for them last night
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 29, 2015, 1:58pm; Reply: 3
Who?
Posted by: Ipswin, July 29, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ClarkyGTFC
Has he definitely signed as I believe he was just on trial for them last night

I don't know (or particularly give a sh!t) I just thought I'd mention it - if you are a stickler for accuracy, probably not

Posted by: LondonMariner43, July 29, 2015, 2:02pm; Reply: 5
Is he still claiming to be the best non league left back?
Posted by: GtfcGarner, July 29, 2015, 2:54pm; Reply: 6
Hope Tait absolutely goes through him.
Posted by: northbankmariner, July 29, 2015, 2:59pm; Reply: 7
do not wish aswad any harm at all, good luck to him, but I honestly feel the full backs we have now in east, tait and Robertson are an improvement (tait especially has caught my eye pre season) Eastleigh will be challenging for top honours this year, and he will be a good signing for them.
Posted by: Jaws, July 29, 2015, 3:03pm; Reply: 8
By all accounts he played very well last night. Whilst on the Eastleigh forum I noticed this.

http://tssc-eastleighfc.proboards.com/thread/2239/best-team-eastleigh-played-silverlake
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 29, 2015, 3:07pm; Reply: 9
I believe there is a sticky for threads on ex Town players.  
Posted by: chaos33, July 29, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 10
I tend to think...if our promotion rivals are signing players who are not as good as the ones we've got, then I'm quite happy.  :)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, July 29, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 11
I thought he was a bit of a prima donner  tbh went awol at the back to many times. Bad apple in the barrel Hurst called it right to let him go.
Posted by: Garth, July 29, 2015, 5:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I thought he was a bit of a prima donner  tbh went awol at the back to many times. Bad apple in the barrel Hurst called it right to let him go.

Good going forward but as you stated it needed last minute tackling by Pearson to save the day too many times for my liking
Posted by: BeijingMariner, July 29, 2015, 6:01pm; Reply: 13
I liked him, a great athlete with the occasional fab ball in the box, tonnes of pace. The most worrying aspect about Aswad was his lack of self-belief. What ever Paul Hurst has done pre-season he is half way there. He has the defence (almost no goals) against League sides....100% behind you Paul and the team ::}
Posted by: wycombemariner, July 29, 2015, 6:15pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Is he still claiming to be the best non league left back?

He was when we signed him
Posted by: LH, July 29, 2015, 6:17pm; Reply: 15
Someone on here described him as the best fullback outside the FL in a blog. I'm guessing he ironically adopted it for himself on twitter.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, July 29, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 16
There was a definite weakness down that flank we was exploited by every half decent team. Hurst as identified and remedied that we look very strong at the back now.
Posted by: mariner tommy, July 29, 2015, 6:39pm; Reply: 17
He was responsible for the first Lincoln goal against us at Xmas

UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 29, 2015, 6:56pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from LH
Someone on here described him as the best fullback outside the FL in a blog. I'm guessing he ironically adopted it for himself on twitter.

He was already saying he was the best when he was at Braintree.

He suffers with depression so that has stopped him progressing above the conference.
Posted by: LH, July 29, 2015, 7:01pm; Reply: 19
The blog was written while he was at Braintree after the good game he had against us.
Posted by: Rick12, July 29, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 20
Only saw him the once but I thought he was ok thats it.Best full back in the league though ? :-/ probably not
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 29, 2015, 7:10pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Rick12
Only saw him the once but I thought he was ok thats it.Best full back in the league though ? :-/ probably not

He could have been but he wasn't.
Posted by: Rick12, July 29, 2015, 7:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete

He could have been but he wasn't.
Understand your sentiments about the depression though.Mind governs everything

Posted by: Grimal, July 29, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 23
We are much stronger in that position now, I remember Pearson quite a few times having a right old go at Thomas. I think he thought he was better than he really was. I'm not bothered that he's now at Eastleigh, for their sake they will need a good centre back to bail him out when he goes walkabout. He's now history here and I will get behind the players we have now that want to play for our club. UTM.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 29, 2015, 10:49pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete

He was already saying he was the best when he was at Braintree.

He suffers with depression so that has stopped him progressing above the conference.

Really??? I think if someone suffers from depression they should get all the support they deserve very tough to deal with!!

Likewise if someone uses that as an excuse to dodge hard work, avoid contributing to team, shy away from rehab, work hard for others, let down others who have supported them and chase the pound sign they possibly deserve to have their career move backwards.    
Posted by: BIGChris, July 30, 2015, 7:05am; Reply: 25
It might just have been his concentration and overall defending that stopped him 'progressing above the conference"
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 30, 2015, 6:46pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Ipswin
Apologies if this has already been mentioned (I can't see it anywhere) Aswad Thomas has signed for Eastlegh

Richard Hill ( Eastleigh manager ) says Dan Harding his preferred choice to sign for Eastleigh over Aswad Thomas.

"I've got Aswad's agent all over me wanting me to make a quick decision but i won't. I've made it clear Dan is my preference and that's where we are.

"But i could get a call from Dan at any time saying he's going to speak to someone else.

"I've been aware of Aswad for a while. Jai Reason played with him at Braintree and i was aware of him in his Grimsby days. I thought I'd have a look.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/football/eastleighfc/13521119._/?
Posted by: ska face, July 30, 2015, 6:58pm; Reply: 27
Remember when a town fan told to him "get back on his effing banana boat", and then the stadium manager decided not to ban this person until they were ordered to by the courts? That was good, wannit?

#thistownknows
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 30, 2015, 7:05pm; Reply: 28
Richard Hill acting as professional as ever there.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:04am