Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, July 31, 2015, 2:41pm
Its saddening to hear that Josh Sunter and Max Wright both broke their legs last night. Both up and coming players and i really feel for them. http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/town-duo-face-lengthy-lay-offs-2584199.aspx
Posted by: KK_DOG, July 31, 2015, 2:43pm; Reply: 1
That's a bit tough. Were Grantham a dirty lot ?
Posted by: speedy, July 31, 2015, 2:45pm; Reply: 2
Horrible to hear  :o also see omar is missing tomorrow.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 31, 2015, 2:48pm; Reply: 3
It says that Sunter broke his metatarsal. I'm no Doctor but isn't that your toes?
Posted by: RoboCod, July 31, 2015, 2:53pm; Reply: 4
The text report suggested that one of the challenges, I think on Wright, was a poor one.
I suggest we give up on this stupid cup, it might be a good workout for us but for other smaller clubs it's seen as a chance to put themselves about and show the 'professionals' how it's done.
Appalling news.
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 31, 2015, 2:56pm; Reply: 5
Unfortunate for the two of them, but it's a bit misleading to suggest a broken ankle and a broken toe are 'broken legs'!
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 31, 2015, 2:58pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from RoboCod
The text report suggested that one of the challenges, I think on Wright, was a poor one.
I suggest we give up on this stupid cup, it might be a good workout for us but for other smaller clubs it's seen as a chance to put themselves about and show the 'professionals' how it's done.
Appalling news.

From The Lincs Senior Cup Rules. Worth it do you reckon?
Quoted Text

5.       Any club wishing to opt out of the Competition may do so on making an annual payment of £1,500 to the Lincolnshire County Football Association.
Posted by: RoboCod, July 31, 2015, 3:05pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

Yes, a quick crowd fund would soon cover that(icon_wink)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 31, 2015, 3:14pm; Reply: 8
Broken legs is a bit OTT Reaper !
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 31, 2015, 3:21pm; Reply: 9
Metatarsals are the bones on the top of your foot, not toes.

It was a competitive game last night, both sides weren't backing out of any challenges. The Grantham striker who was stretchered off with a suspected broken ankle only sprained his ankle. 3 broken bones in 1 game might have been a record.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, July 31, 2015, 3:56pm; Reply: 10
Broken Legs??

Although any fracture is serious, Metatarsals seem common lots of little bones top of the foot.That type of injury was brought into the spotlight when Rooney or Beckham can't remember which one was laid up for quite some time. The broken ankle sounds more serious tough on the lads at such a young age.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 31, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 11
I'm not saying we should go back to the clodhopper lace up boots but it does make you wonder if there is enough protection in modern boots. I don't remember foot bones been damaged and ankles were certainly better protected. Is it a case of fashion over sense?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 31, 2015, 4:55pm; Reply: 12
Can't we use a fishy select x1
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 31, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 13
Its bad for the two lads concerned,

BUT

What would we have said if it was Pearson and Toto,?

If we had played our 1st team

Get fit soon lads.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 31, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 14
Max Wright is very quick just hope it doesn't affect his pace when he gets back, let's all hope he makes a full recovery
Posted by: moosey_club, July 31, 2015, 5:30pm; Reply: 15
I'm not saying we should go back to the clodhopper lace up boots but it does make you wonder if there is enough protection in modern boots. I don't remember foot bones been damaged and ankles were certainly better protected. Is it a case of fashion over sense?

its not the boots its the evolution of man, no one had a metatarsal until Beckham broke one of his..... now everyone has loads of them in each foot.!!  ;)
Posted by: Welwynmariner, August 1, 2015, 12:49pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Broken Legs??

Although any fracture is serious, Metatarsals seem common lots of little bones top of the foot.That type of injury was brought into the spotlight when Rooney or Beckham can't remember which one was laid up for quite some time. The broken ankle sounds more serious tough on the lads at such a young age.

Didn't both Rooney and Beckham break meta-tarsels prior to World Cups. As I remember it takes 42 days or something like that to heal so it's not  that serious. As others have said modern boots are too flimsy to prevent this.
Posted by: oldun, August 1, 2015, 1:05pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Max Wright is very quick just hope it doesn't affect his pace when he gets back, let's all hope he makes a full recovery

Yes he is tricky player, still young and he does look a bit fragile at this stage. Speedy recovery Max
Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 1, 2015, 1:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Didn't both Rooney and Beckham break meta-tarsels prior to World Cups.

Yep, some Argie playing against Man Utd in the champion's league broke Beckham's metatarsal - just months before we were due to play Argentina at the 2002 world cup. He recovered in time to score the winning penalty against them  ;D
Rooney broke his some years later

Posted by: Maringer, August 1, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 19
I reckon footballers have been breaking metatarsals for many a year but, pre-Beckham, it was just referred to as a 'broken foot'. No more detail than that really required, I'd have thought.

I do remember reading that Rooney wears boots a size too small for him so he can 'feel' the ball better. Sounds like a recipe for foot injuries to me.
Posted by: Rick12, August 1, 2015, 8:07pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin

Still think a good run out for the youths.

Posted by: Teestogreen, August 1, 2015, 8:39pm; Reply: 21
Seems a bit strange to me, that the only game that there is silverware at stake, in the 10 game lead up to the beginning of the league programme, is left to the young players to combat the 'competitiveness' of the 'experienced' opposition.

Very unfortunate outcome for some young players.

Just pay the £1500 not to participate? - if we're not bothered.
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 5:55pm