Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, August 2, 2015, 9:22am
I have subscribed to this finally, and never thought of the value it represented.  My home club (Dundee United) also do the player but they are charging £130 for the season, or £8 per game, so ours is great value (and you get a half priced shirt lol )
Posted by: Willgtfc, August 2, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 1
Do they stream our away matches ?
Posted by: Spidey, August 2, 2015, 7:01pm; Reply: 2
What do you get with Mariner Player? Is it highlights of ALL games and interviews? I've been considering this.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 2, 2015, 8:36pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Willgtfc
Do they stream our away matches ?

No idea how they would do this even if the League allowed, the home club is likely to say no especially as it would probably have to be sent via their broadband and also the logistics of having the club video crew linked in to be able to do this.

The only way I could see it happening is if GTFC hired a live satellite broadcast unit. God only knows how much that would cost.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, August 3, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 4
LIVE streams of all home games and live audio commentary from all away games
Posted by: lobsterpot, August 3, 2015, 6:18pm; Reply: 5
Chris, are you serious? They are honestly streaming live home league games? Or have i got my wires crossed?
Posted by: GrimsbyGrandson, August 3, 2015, 7:23pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from lobsterpot
Chris, are you serious? They are honestly streaming live home league games? Or have i got my wires crossed?

Fairly certain that's just an AUDIO stream, correct?
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, August 3, 2015, 7:27pm; Reply: 7
its live streaming, they were setting it up during the pre season friendlies.  I purchased MPHD on the grounds that all home games would be streamed live, so it they are not, then they have falsely advertised it
Posted by: BIGChris, August 3, 2015, 7:37pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
its live streaming, they were setting it up during the pre season friendlies.  I purchased MPHD on the grounds that all home games would be streamed live, so it they are not, then they have falsely advertised it

where was this advertised?? I'd be gobsmacked if we were to live stream home games
Posted by: LH, August 3, 2015, 8:03pm; Reply: 9
It was mentioned on a match thread/streaming thread for the Peterborough match that the club were looking into doing it for more home games as they were upgrading the broadband to cope with it.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, August 3, 2015, 8:10pm; Reply: 10
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/live-streaming-on-mariners-playerhd-2577354.aspx
Posted by: speedy, August 3, 2015, 8:36pm; Reply: 11
Nowhere does it say they're going to live stream every game. they mentioned they might try it for a league game or two from what i saw.
Posted by: lobsterpot, August 3, 2015, 8:40pm; Reply: 12
I'm sorry to say it but there's no way on God's green earth that any club would stream a live home game at a 3pm ko time surely? Is it just me or does it sound ridiculous? It would cost even a little club like ours thousands in lost revenue if we werent doing very well. How many stayaways would rather watch a live stream at home for free on someone elses password! Not having a go or disbelieving what anyone seems to think but to me it's ludicrous!
Posted by: speedy, August 3, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from lobsterpot
I'm sorry to say it but there's no way on God's green earth that any club would stream a live home game at a 3pm ko time surely? Is it just me or does it sound ridiculous? It would cost even a little club like ours thousands in lost revenue if we werent doing very well. How many stayaways would rather watch a live stream at home for free on someone elses password! Not having a go or disbelieving what anyone seems to think but to me it's ludicrous!

Agreed, adeal should be made, every time we sell out the club try to live stream the game  ;D ;D
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 3, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 14

Read it again sunshine and if you think that read as every game being streamed live, I suggest a visit to Specsavers.
Posted by: BIGChris, August 3, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 15

That doesnt mention future league games being shown on a live stream??

Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:47pm