Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 2, 2015, 4:47pm
Anybody know when or if BT sport are showing a national League preview show like the have the last couple of seasons, and when the highlights show is on?
I have looked but i cant find them
Posted by: Mariner16, August 2, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 1
Adam Virgo on twitter says there is no preview show this year which is a shame, I enjoyed last seasons. The highlights show starts a month in I'm sure I've read.
Posted by: the driver, August 3, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 2
Anyone know if BT sports is available on Sky and how much please as I am moving from rip off Virgin to Sky
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 3, 2015, 12:44pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from the driver
Anyone know if BT sports is available on Sky and how much please as I am moving from rip off Virgin to Sky

ive just added it.

15 activation fee, £20 a month
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 3, 2015, 11:52pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from the driver

BT Sports 1 is free on Sky if you have BT broadband. ( think I read that the first couple of months game are being shown on BT Sports 1 )
Posted by: highcliff mariner, August 4, 2015, 6:37am; Reply: 5
Quoted from the driver
Anyone know if BT sports is available on Sky and how much please as I am moving from rip off Virgin to rip off sky

Amended for you. Yea it's on sky :)

UTM
Posted by: HighamMariner, August 5, 2015, 3:53pm; Reply: 6
Alternatively, take an android phone or tablet.  Install KODI (used to be XBMC), from the playstore,  install Phoenix video addon from tvaddons.ag and apparently all the sky sports channels, BT sport channels, sky movies and pretty much anything else you can think of is in there.  Next buy an mhl adaptor and plug one end into phone/tablet, other end into tv hdmi.  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, August 5, 2015, 4:21pm; Reply: 7
All well and good, providing you don't mind a bit of thieving, I suppose.
Posted by: HighamMariner, August 5, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 8
You seriously think virgin and sky charging 60 quid a month isn't thieving?
Posted by: friskneymariner, August 5, 2015, 5:12pm; Reply: 9
Just beware if you are a B.T. broadband users and you are signing up to receive B.T. sports free you are renewing your contract again from the day you sign up for B.T. sport.Saying that most people who leave B.T . Broadband end up going back to them
Posted by: WetFlannel, August 5, 2015, 5:18pm; Reply: 10
It isn't thieving, the same way providing any luxury good for a premium price isn't thievery. It's not a basic human right to watch football on TV you know.
Posted by: UTMariners, August 5, 2015, 5:51pm; Reply: 11
If you already pay for the BT sports channel, they are putting the price up from £13.50 to £20 a month this season. I rang up pretending I wanted to cancel as a result and the guy on the other end immediately offered me another 12 months at £13.50, so definitely worth contacting them..!
Posted by: Maringer, August 5, 2015, 5:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HighamMariner
You seriously think virgin and sky charging 60 quid a month isn't thieving?

Yeah, clearly Sky should charge less. After all, it must surely be really easy for them to recoup the £ 4,176,000,000 they have just paid for most of the Premiershite TV rights for the next 3 years.

Similarly, BT Sport should drop their prices right down to make it easier for them to recoup the £ 960,000,000 they have just paid for the rest of the Premiershite TV rights to go alongside the £ 897,000,000 paid for exclusive Chumps League coverage for the next few years.

I'm no fan of Murdoch's evil empire (or BT's attempts to compete with it), but when you consider the vast amounts of money they are spunking on TV rights, you an see why they need to charge a good amount for their service. If you avoid paying for it, you're still effectively stealing even if it is from massive media organisations.
Posted by: Maringer, August 5, 2015, 5:53pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from UTMariners
If you already pay for the BT sports channel, they are putting the price up from £13.50 to £20 a month this season. I rang up pretending I wanted to cancel as a result and the guy on the other end immediately offered me another 12 months at £13.50, so definitely worth contacting them..!

Thanks for mentioning this. I'll give it a try myself!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 5, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from UTMariners

Nice one cheers, worth a crack.
Posted by: gtfcpan, August 5, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 15
Highammariner you are a genius thanks for the info. Just downloaded kodi and phoenix and everything is on there you can wish for. Owe you a pint mate. Cheers  :)
Posted by: HighamMariner, August 5, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 16
I suppose I should be grateful that Mr Maringer didn't launch himself into one of his yawnsomely boring pro-labour, brainwashed student, guardian driven bollox.  One day I guess he'll realise that there are more opinions in the world than his, but..........don't hold your breath!
Posted by: Maringer, August 5, 2015, 11:45pm; Reply: 17
Since when has stealing been an opinion? A very confusing comment from a very confused poster.
Posted by: immariner, August 6, 2015, 12:08am; Reply: 18
Genuine question- how many of you feel uneasy giving your money to those corporations that continue to help widen the gap between the Premier League and everybody else (including the club you support), with the obscene amounts of money they pay for television rights?  ;)
Posted by: WetFlannel, August 6, 2015, 5:35am; Reply: 19
It's a free market. I don't pay for Sky Sports or BT Sports because I'm one of those nauseating people that would prefer to go to a nearby non league game if I don't watch Town, but when I do want to watch televised football I go to my local pub which has a subscription. There's many alternative options if you hate the widening gap and stealing doesn't make it okay. I genuinely don't care about streaming, but when people lie that it's to stop the 'big corporations' it's frustrating, they know that they use it as an excuse to get things for free and that It's purely for personal gain.
Posted by: psgmariner, August 6, 2015, 8:36am; Reply: 20
Good summary and some tips here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2015/07/sky-and-virgin-media-reveal-bt-sport-price-rise-how-to-beat-it
Posted by: Abdul19, August 6, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 21
I subscribe to BT to narrow the gap between the Football League and the Conference ;)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 6, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 22
I used to be in the pay for it camp but now couldn't give a fook about the w.anker prem footballer salaries and plastic fans so I'm well and truly if u can steal it for note do it . I'll be following Highams devious advice with glee .
Posted by: HighamMariner, August 7, 2015, 11:01am; Reply: 23
Some fair points and opinions made.  The pub one is interesting, virtually all of the pubs where I live, use non UK satelite subscriptions or card sharing which is technically theft.  I hope the do-gooders avoid such places!

Here's my take on the principle of selling a product.  Margin is the difference between what a Customer is prepared to pay and the cost to produce the product.  Margin is not how much a Company wants to make in profit.  While products are vastly over priced and monopolised I'll look for ways to avoid adding to the problem.  As an example, I happily pay for Netflix, I refuse point blank to pay Sky/Virgin/BT prices.  Other examples, I refuse to buy anything from Amazon or Starbucks because they use every means possible to avoid paying UK tax.  I prefer to buy my shopping from Waitrose and electrical goods from John Lewis because they treat me as a valued Customer.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 2:21am