Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grim74, August 26, 2015, 10:12pm
To those not able to get a ticket for Saturday, the coverage by radio humberside will be broadcast online only, this is to accommodate Hull kr playing at Wembley.

The other alternative is to listen to bbc radio lincs but biased coverage.
Posted by: LH, August 26, 2015, 10:17pm; Reply: 1
If Hull are at home why do they need commentary on FM? Surely their legions of loyal support who live within FM range will be at the Kairsee? They could phone Scunthorpe's fan with commentary.

Half of our fanbase (according to the rules) can't attend our game.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 26, 2015, 10:37pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from LH
If Hull are at home why do they need commentary on FM? Surely their legions of loyal support who live within FM range will be at the Kairsee? They could phone Scunthorpe's fan with commentary.

Half of our fanbase (according to the rules) can't attend our game.

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2015, 6:52am; Reply: 3
What else do you expect ? Its bbc humberside who only like hull and scunny on fm / am.

Surely for just one time they could put us on the radio for coverage not shove us to the bottom , its a derby ffs and scunny have no fans anyway.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 27, 2015, 8:12am; Reply: 4
Pointless listening to it anyway. It'll be a woeful game as always and the atmosphere won't be as electric as people want it to be...if I'm honest I'm more excited for Boreham Wood away...
Posted by: denni266, August 27, 2015, 8:18am; Reply: 5
will it be on digital radio where it usually is
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 27, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 6
Quoted from jonnyboy82
What else do you expect ? Its bbc humberside who only like hull and scunny on fm / am.

Surely for just one time they could put us on the radio for coverage not shove us to the bottom , its a derby ffs and scunny have no fans anyway.

You can't really blame RH, we are at the bottom of the pile as a consequence of being dragged down to this level of football.

Posted by: Grim74, August 27, 2015, 9:26am; Reply: 7
Quoted from denni266
will it be on digital radio where it usually is

No.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 27, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from arryarryarry

You can't really blame RH, we are at the bottom of the pile as a consequence of being dragged down to this level of football.

Bottom of the pile in terms of league standings yes but when it comes to listeners they've got this completely wrong and always have!

Fair enough Hull KR are at Wembley, Hull (football) have a lot more listeners than us but I'd love to see the listener stats for Scunthorpe games! I imagine it's dwarfed by ours. Another example of how the BBC fails to act as a commercial enterprise. A commercial radio station wouldn't make this choice.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 27, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from gtfc98

Bottom of the pile in terms of league standings yes but when it comes to listeners they've got this completely wrong and always have!

Fair enough Hull KR are at Wembley, Hull (football) have a lot more listeners than us but I'd love to see the listener stats for Scunthorpe games! I imagine it's dwarfed by ours. Another example of how the BBC fails to act as a commercial enterprise. A commercial radio station wouldn't make this choice.

Do you work in the media, do you know that for a fact.

The simple truth is that it is entirely down to where we are, this would be the same for any media outlet, eg TV, newspapers and radio.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 27, 2015, 1:29pm; Reply: 10
They should give out radio coverage priority based on home attendances :)
Posted by: grimps, August 27, 2015, 1:35pm; Reply: 11
I'm overseas anyway so the only way I can get it is online.
Unless your a taxi driver or have no access to internet I cant see what the problem is
Posted by: gtfc98, August 27, 2015, 1:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimps
I'm overseas anyway so the only way I can get it is online.
Unless your a taxi driver or have no access to internet I cant see what the problem is

My gran can't get to games anymore. Bought her a DAB radio so she could listen when we were taken off the standard airways (although DAB is arguably better!) but she doesn't have access to the internet and I'm sure a lot of older fans who listen on the radio are the same. Anyway, it's not a big thing just annoying.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 27, 2015, 2:59pm; Reply: 13
We're non league, the others aren't and the egg-chasers are at Wembley so instead of being 3rd on the list, we're 4th. They will have also considered that anyone out of the area can get it online and anyone in the area can get it on BBC Lincs. From an editorial standpoint, it's a bit of a no-brainer really.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 28, 2015, 12:47am; Reply: 14
Quoted from gtfc98

A commercial radio station probably wouldn't even cover any of it but Hull City and maybe the rugby at Wembley. Who wants to listen to non-League football or even the 4th division?
Posted by: Sigone, August 28, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 15
Also due to broadcasting restrictions aren't we the only ones allowed to be broadcast online.
Posted by: chaos33, August 28, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 16
The old codger puts it in a nutshell. It's totally fair enough I think.
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 2:01am