Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Kymariner12, August 27, 2015, 1:48pm
Says he's ready for any abuse that comes his way and some will be inevitable. However, I don't think he's due any, couldn't help his injuries and did fantastic in the 11/12 season. As long as he doesn't score then hope he gets a good reception.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 27, 2015, 1:50pm; Reply: 1
don't care about him, I care about towns players and giving them my support, not cheering or booing ex players. we want 3 points
Posted by: gtfc98, August 27, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 2
Liam who?
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 27, 2015, 1:58pm; Reply: 3
Hagrid, obviously everybody's first priority is Town but there is nothing wrong with acknowledging a former player who did well for us. It shows a bit of respect and a bit of class. I hope he gets a good reception - which I think he deserves - too. The same applies to Bradley Wood.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 27, 2015, 1:58pm; Reply: 4
I can remember the first season we signed him when we played Alfreton and he said before the game that he still had a lot of respect for Alfreton and their fans and wouldn't celebrate if he scored but from the first minute he got a tirade of abuse from their fans so took great pleasure in celebrating the 4 goals he scored.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 27, 2015, 2:04pm; Reply: 5
There's a small minority of fans who, sadly, still haven't realised that booing an opposition player significantly increases the chances of him scoring against you.

Hearn's alright, a decent lad, but let's ignore him and concentrate on cheering on the real strikers Bogle, Podge and the other players who matter.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, August 27, 2015, 2:04pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin
I can remember the first season we signed him when we played Alfreton and he said before the game that he still had a lot of respect for Alfreton and their fans and wouldn't celebrate if he scored but from the first minute he got a tirade of abuse from their fans so took great pleasure in celebrating the 4 goals he scored.

Exactly and I remember think what a bunch of idiots the Alfreton fans were.

Posted by: arryarryarry, August 27, 2015, 2:12pm; Reply: 7
Don't get with all the booing of former players, I always get the feeling that may push them to even play better and possibly score, especially in the case of Liam Hearn.

I don't have any problems with the guy, except I hope he finishes on the losing side on Saturday.
Posted by: marinerjase, August 27, 2015, 2:34pm; Reply: 8
To come back, not once, but twice from horrendous injuries deserves nothing but credit. Moreover, genuinely humble and nice bloke, learnt from past mistakes and has time for everyone. I for one have nothing but admiration, and hope he can stay clear from injuries and do well. Concur also with the comments above re booing past players..just dont get it. And it achieves the opposite of what those doing it want.

Hope Town win 4-3 and Hearn bags a goal or two.
Posted by: chicaneuk, August 27, 2015, 2:37pm; Reply: 9
I wouldn't boo him as when he was good for us, he was great.. but... I really can't understand a former player signing for the local rival!
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 27, 2015, 2:53pm; Reply: 10
I won't be booing him. Won't be clapping him either though after the way he misled our fans over his move to Mansfield.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 27, 2015, 3:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chicaneuk
I wouldn't boo him as when he was good for us, he was great.. but... I really can't understand a former player signing for the local rival!

Really? did he have any better offers, the guy has to live and provide for his family.
Posted by: LH, August 27, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 12
Hopefully the Lincoln fans will boo Gowling and Marshall and drive them on for a couple of goals each.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 27, 2015, 3:42pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from chicaneuk

Its a job at the end of the day.

I left a company to work for a rival company, its part of life, you have to think of no.1 which is yourself, if we offered him a deal and he rejected us for lincoln, then i wouldn't be too happy
Posted by: Abdul19, August 27, 2015, 4:06pm; Reply: 14
Yeah exactly, especially when he was pushing 30 and off the back of 3 serious injuries in 3 years. I doubt he was flooded with offers. To turn down an offer on the basis that he used to play for a club that's nearby would be mental.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 27, 2015, 4:11pm; Reply: 15
Why this thing about players signing for local rivals, didn't Clive Wiggington go from Town to Scunny then Lincoln or similar then back to Town again, dont remember him getting grief when he returned
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 27, 2015, 4:21pm; Reply: 16
Liam Hearn has pretend values and that's why he is playing for a pretend club.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, August 27, 2015, 4:58pm; Reply: 17
One of the few genuinely exciting players at Town over the last 10 years. If I were going I would give him a good reception.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 27, 2015, 5:12pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Chrisblor
I won't be booing him. Won't be clapping him either though after the way he misled our fans over his move to Mansfield.

This. Don't think we could have been fairer with him but, hey, such is life. :-/
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2015, 5:33pm; Reply: 19
Im more interested in 3 points and a convincing performance.

Sorry liam your not high on my agenda.
Posted by: mariner91, August 27, 2015, 5:41pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Chrisblor

This with bells on it. Great for us when he played but his insincere comments when he left and his comments on signing for Mansfield left a very sour taste. Wouldn't boo him, just don't care about him now as he clearly didn't care a great deal about Town after we paid for his treatment and his wages for two years whilst he sat on his bum.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 27, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 21
The club and Town fans treated Hearn like no other club has or could that he has played for.  I was annoyed when he signed for Mansfield after what he said about paying the club and fans back after almost 2 seasons out injured.

Hearn hasn't done what he thought he was capable of and now finds himself at Lincoln, a ex GTFC players graveyard.

He does deserve some grief but like I said he is at Lincoln, surely that is punishment enough.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 27, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 22
I seem to remember him getting a great reception from our fans last season when he watched us at Alfreton.

Obviously he's a Lincoln player now, which changes things, but I wouldn't boo. Like many have already said, that can motivate an ex-player.
Posted by: Helgy, August 27, 2015, 6:26pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93
The club and Town fans treated Hearn like no other club has or could that he has played for.  I was annoyed when he signed for Mansfield after what he said about paying the club and fans back after almost 2 seasons out injured.

Hearn hasn't done what he thought he was capable of and now finds himself at Lincoln, a ex GTFC players graveyard.

He does deserve some grief but like I said he is at Lincoln, surely that is punishment enough.

It was awful seeing him score his hat trick last week ;-)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2015, 6:30pm; Reply: 24
So thats the liam hearn hatrick bang on time and out the way next will be the 6 month lay off due about any time now.

Posted by: Marinerz93, August 27, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Helgy

It was awful seeing him score his hat trick last week ;-)

[URL=http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=11_goodforyou.jpg][IMG]http://img4.imagetitan.com/img4/small/11/11_goodforyou.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Posted by: KK_DOG, August 28, 2015, 9:41am; Reply: 26
Nice bloke, good striker. It was a shame about his injury's but hope he is over them now and I wish him well.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 28, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 27
meh
Posted by: MarinerWY, August 28, 2015, 10:56am; Reply: 28
Quoted from 97
meh

Best post so far.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 28, 2015, 9:00pm; Reply: 29
Focus on getting behind Podge and Omar ignore the opposition!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 28, 2015, 11:28pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Focus on getting behind Podge and Omar ignore the opposition!

This! Best post by a mile.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 29, 2015, 12:26am; Reply: 31
We should only fear Hearn as much as Lincoln should fear Bogle. They've both scored close to 30 goals in the Conference North and earned moves to Town.

The difference being that we know Hearn can score at that rate in the Conference too, while Bogle is yet to prove it. But with three goals in five starts, he's begun well.

I'd rather have Bogle and Podge than Rhead and Hearn, knowing what we know. No reason to fear Hearn. I don't care if he scores, as long as we win the game, that's all that matters!
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, August 29, 2015, 12:44am; Reply: 32
Hearn scored a few for us against inferior opposition.

He scored next to none against better/equal opposition.

I've never understood the "love in" for him.

He was average at best.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 29, 2015, 5:47am; Reply: 33
A pal of mine from scunny played for North ferriby a few years back in a pre season against town, he said hearn was only player we had and the rest were nothing more than average. I think a injury free Liam Hearn would have gone on to much bigger things with the pace and ability he had and that's why people loved him
Posted by: mariner91, August 29, 2015, 9:39am; Reply: 34
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
A pal of mine from scunny played for North ferriby a few years back in a pre season against town, he said hearn was only player we had and the rest were nothing more than average. I think a injury free Liam Hearn would have gone on to much bigger things with the pace and ability he had and that's why people loved him

Was he particularly pacy? I never saw him as being quick. Quick thinking definitely and had the ability to find space in crowded areas but I don't remember him out sprinting defenders all that often.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 29, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 35
Absolutely spot on forget Hearn and treat him as we would any striker but above all concentrate on our own game keep the tempo high and feed Almond and Bogle they will do the biz.
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), August 29, 2015, 9:47am; Reply: 36
Interesting reading about Bogle this week, he has the most fouls and off sides. Sounds as though he is trying too hard, hopefully he'll settle and get more goals. I remember it took Liam 10 games to get going.
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2015, 9:53am; Reply: 37
How was he overrated? Chelsea were after him.  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, August 29, 2015, 1:11pm; Reply: 38
Hearn had no pace to speak of so it always amuses me when people claim he did! It was the one thing lacking from his game (injuries aside) because he's a good finisher with good close ball control and quick feet. If he'd been quick as well he'd have been playing at League One level or higher.
Posted by: DNMariner, August 29, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from 28195
Interesting reading about Bogle this week, he has the most fouls and off sides. Sounds as though he is trying too hard, hopefully he'll settle and get more goals. I remember it took Liam 10 games to get going.

I think on those stats it counts offsides as fouls - make sense as it's 13 fouls and 13 offsides.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 29, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 40
Hurst will know better than anyone Hearn's play and will set up accordingly you would expect.
Posted by: Sconeboy, August 29, 2015, 2:04pm; Reply: 41
Hearn NOT starting, may not even be in the squad according to radio lincs
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 29, 2015, 2:24pm; Reply: 42
[quote=894  Hearn NOT starting, may not even be in the squad according to radio lincs[/quote]

Confirmed          

https://twitter.com/JohnPakey_LE/status/637614865998311424/photo/1
Posted by: mariner91, August 29, 2015, 7:20pm; Reply: 43
I bet that's him for the season. Out with a "virus" last week and now not playing this week. After some of their fans thought he looked injured after going off against Macc.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 29, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from mariner91
I bet that's him for the season. Out with a "virus" last week and now not playing this week. After some of their fans thought he looked injured after going off against Macc.

Over stretching for his 3rd goal I've been told.
Posted by: gtfc98, August 29, 2015, 8:54pm; Reply: 45
Was told by a lincoln fan that he bottled it. Didn't want to play against us. Not sure about that myself but just passing on what I've been told.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 29, 2015, 8:56pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from gtfc98
Was told by a lincoln fan that he bottled it. Didn't want to play against us. Not sure about that myself but just passing on what I've been told.

Isn't he on a game by game contract?
Posted by: Sconeboy, August 29, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 47
Lincoln gaffer said 'they weren't gonna risk him if he wasn't 100%, he wasn't so didn't play, but will feature monday'.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, August 29, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 48
told by someone from Lincoln FC today that he tweaked either a hamstring or crucial ligament in the last game he played ( sorry cant remember which he said) and they did not want to risk him snapping it altogether.  

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 29, 2015, 10:42pm; Reply: 49
Told it was the Achilles again by a imp fan but who knows does even he know
Posted by: aldi_01, August 30, 2015, 12:27am; Reply: 50
Either an injury they're not prepared to share with the fans....certainly believable or he bottled it...
Posted by: moosey_club, August 30, 2015, 8:42am; Reply: 51
Cockers said on the radio yesterday that Hearn's "late fitness test" pre match yesterday was a waste of time, a couple of jogs up and down and it was obvious he wasnt anything like.
Posted by: mariner91, August 30, 2015, 8:55am; Reply: 52
After they'd said he was definitely going to start during the week. They're obviously not letting on how injured he is which suggests to me that they're worried. Lincoln will be in a relegation scrap without him, no quality in their side at all.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 30, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 53
I'm beginning to wonder if he's not been right all season, he surely has to start instead of that useless lump up top?

For the sensible Lincoln fans it's a bitter blow but some might say it's their own fault...2clubs can't be wrong
Posted by: Helgy, August 30, 2015, 10:28am; Reply: 54
Quoted from aldi_01
I'm beginning to wonder if he's not been right all season, he surely has to start instead of that useless lump up top?

For the sensible Lincoln fans it's a bitter blow but some might say it's their own fault...2clubs can't be wrong

The big useless lump that's got 5 goals so far?
It was a niggle with his hamstring did it against Macc.
He should be available Monday.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 30, 2015, 10:31am; Reply: 55
The big useless moronic lump who you'd HATE in any other team. He's a tw@t, no one with a good word for him unless he's cheating/barging his way to goals for you, tailor made for you lot.

A fookin' eyesore on the game.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, August 30, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 56
at least Rhead did the right thing in the second half by strolling around like his ankles were tied together
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 30, 2015, 3:56pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Helgy

He could have 10 goals and I still wouldn't want him in our side.  A dishonest player who admitted live on air what he did.  Still you'd be happy with a point against 10 men.  Looking forward to your visit to BP and some justice being served.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 30, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Helgy

Apparently he claimed he was "professional" yesterday...........not Judging by his waistline and his fitness.    

If that fat get hit the floor any harder then there would be an earth quake in China. The only thing he will consistently finish is a pork pie!!

Posted by: Marinerz93, August 30, 2015, 4:32pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Apparently he claimed he was "professional" yesterday...........not Judging by his waistline and his fitness.    

If that fat get hit the floor any harder then there would be an earth quake in China. The only thing he will consistently finish is a pork pie!!

Rhead as a kid

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/rkygb7.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 30, 2015, 4:35pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Marinerz93

Rhead as a kid

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/rkygb7.gif[/IMG]

Nice one! Looks like the lad in the clip has more ability!

Posted by: moosey_club, September 6, 2015, 6:54pm; Reply: 61
Limped off in the first half yesterday...(langra)
Posted by: tashee69, September 6, 2015, 10:21pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from moosey_club
Limped Rolled off in the first half yesterday...(langra)

Posted by: Helgy, September 7, 2015, 5:33pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Marinerz93

He could have 10 goals and I still wouldn't want him in our side.  A dishonest player who admitted live on air what he did.  Still you'd be happy with a point against 10 men.  Looking forward to your visit to BP and some justice being served.

I've seen the clip of Gowling incident why would you do that right in front of the ref?
No I wasn't happy with a point 2nd half our midfield went missing.
You won every 2nd ball that half so cudos to your manager.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 7, 2015, 5:41pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Helgy

I've seen the clip of Gowling incident why would you do that right in front of the ref?

Grab someone's throat?
A better question would be why would a big lump like Rhead lie motionless on the floor for 2 minutes, as if he'd been struck a blow when he'd had his throat grabbed, only to spring to his feet for the penalty.

Embarrassing, but no surprise he's becoming a cult hero with you lot.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 7, 2015, 7:29pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from tashee69

Hearn...not Rhead
Posted by: Meza, September 7, 2015, 7:43pm; Reply: 66
My Lincoln work colleague got a very good view of the incident and said he wasn't surprised Gowling reacted after pulling his hairs under his arms.  Gowlings fault though should of stamped on his metatarsals lol if your going to get sent off might as well fu (k him over lol.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 8, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Meza
My Lincoln work colleague got a very good view of the incident and said he wasn't surprised Gowling reacted after pulling his hairs under his arms.  Gowlings fault though should of stamped on his metatarsals lol if your going to get sent off might as well fu (k him over lol.

Not surprised about this now....that's the pits!  ;)
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 8, 2015, 7:14pm; Reply: 68
I just told my Lincoln mate about the arm pit hair and he said there are 2 sides to every story and maybe Gowling should shave more. Made me chuckle
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:07am