Posted by: Fat Cobra, August 28, 2015, 7:19am; Reply: 1
An unbiased match preview would be preferred
Posted by: coddy60, August 28, 2015, 7:36am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Vital Lincoln City
Lincoln City v Grimsby Town: Match Preview:
[url]http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=411301[/url]

What a pile of shite!!
Posted by: LH, August 28, 2015, 7:41am; Reply: 3
Still got that Fenty chip on their shoulder haven't they? Surely our false budget this season is the extra £110k we put in ourselves which is extra to the increased budget we already had for this season anyway?
Posted by: wigworld, August 28, 2015, 7:43am; Reply: 4
"After 5 years of trying, the reality is that his club is no closer to a League return than Lincoln..."

Apart from reaching the play-offs every year for the last 3 years, of course.
Posted by: wigworld, August 28, 2015, 7:46am; Reply: 5
Though I did like the description of Forest Green as 'Nailsworth Village Social Club'!  ;D
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 28, 2015, 8:11am; Reply: 6
Looks like we have a decent Ref ?!

Quoted Text
Lincoln City FC (First Team) v Grimsby Town FC (First Team)
National League - Premier     
Referee:     Bennett, Simon
Assistant Referee:     Brown, Paul
Assistant Referee:     Chapman, Dean
Fourth Official:     Welch, Rebecca

Eastleigh play-off last season.
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, August 28, 2015, 8:56am; Reply: 7
Ffs these so called 'journalists' are full of it aren't they, we haven't achieved the same as Lincoln as we have been in the play offs for three years running. East is not a forward and "ead of Monkhouse, with Amond and Bogle playing off him; effectively the same theory behind City's possible Rhead-Hearn-Simmons combination." ... I'm sorry but our trip is class above them.

After reading out the statistics the author has clearly seen we are more of a goal threat and better defensively so he resorts to 'Grimsbys fixtures were easier on paper"...hahahaha it's like being back at primary school

"But I am happier with the start City have made than I would be if I were a Mariner. "...mate...I'm buzzing this is the first season I legitimately think we can do it!!

"Mentally challenged" what a questionable  author he is! He's got a b-Tec in journalism and now he thinks he's Phil mcnulty!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 28, 2015, 9:03am; Reply: 8
Lincoln really do have a chip on their shoulder!  :-/  that second paragraph is laughable, I really hope we put them in their place tomorrow.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2015, 9:06am; Reply: 9
The club with JOKE running through it like a stick of rock. Pretty paranoid write up, as per. Embarrassing that they can even think Town are obsessed with them.

"After 5 years of trying, the reality is that his club is no closer to a League return than Lincoln..."

The reality is...ah the bit of text that means it's somehow based on fact.
That line makes no sense. You're either promoted or not. Not much exists between. But if you want to break it down, then 1 penalty kick away from promotion is possibly the closest you can get, would you say?

The perennial losers of Lincolnshire, weighted down forever to mid-table obscurity because they choose to shoulder a giant GTFC chip.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 28, 2015, 9:15am; Reply: 10
Lincoln Vital on here and trolling well.

Fair play to them.  If admin are soft enough to let them post that sh1te, and then we are daft enough to respond, then their work here is done.

Don't feed the Troll.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 28, 2015, 9:38am; Reply: 11
Quoted from MARINERSMAN22
Ffs these so called 'journalists' are full of it aren't they, we haven't achieved the same as Lincoln as we have been in the play offs for three years running. East is not a forward and "ead of Monkhouse, with Amond and Bogle playing off him; effectively the same theory behind City's possible Rhead-Hearn-Simmons combination." ... I'm sorry but our trip is class above them.

After reading out the statistics the author has clearly seen we are more of a goal threat and better defensively so he resorts to 'Grimsbys fixtures were easier on paper"...hahahaha it's like being back at primary school

"But I am happier with the start City have made than I would be if I were a Mariner. "...mate...I'm buzzing this is the first season I legitimately think we can do it!!

"Mentally challenged" what a questionable  author he is! He's got a b-Tec in journalism and now he thinks he's Phil mcnulty!

That depends on what you set out to achieve at the start of the season. Surely our one aim is to get promoted and therefore we have failed for the past 5 seasons and so have Lincoln.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 12
Surely the aim at the seasons star is 'play-offs at a minimum' though ? I've seen that quoted lots of time on here and the Lincoln board, so in the big picture losing the playoff final is failure but not even getting close to a play of place year on year is also a failure.
Posted by: Biccys, August 28, 2015, 10:18am; Reply: 13
"one thing is for certain: whatever happens, at 5pm both sides will still be in the promotion race."  except Lincoln.
Posted by: GrimsbyTiger4, August 28, 2015, 10:26am; Reply: 14
intercourse sake, it is about time some of these inbred, 4 foot high trolls with 6 fingers realised how tinpot they are (wallbash)
Posted by: pizzzza, August 28, 2015, 10:38am; Reply: 15
I've never been described as less mentally fortunate before.
Posted by: gtfc82, August 28, 2015, 10:40am; Reply: 16
"As usual, the black and white striped message boards are forecasting huge wins for their all-conquering heroes"

Where? Who on our message boards thinks we're all-conquering?
Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2015, 10:51am; Reply: 17
It's trolling but as with anything from Lincoln it's not very good. As for the bit-

'pounds spent in the transfer market do not necessarily equate to points in the real world'

I'm not sure how much contact the writer has with this real world he talks of, but plainly the pounds spent by Town, FGR, Eastleigh and half of the division have turned into lots more points than Lincoln have managed every season they've been down here.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 28, 2015, 11:32am; Reply: 18
Quoted from gtfc82
"As usual, the black and white striped message boards are forecasting huge wins for their all-conquering heroes"

Where? Who on our message boards thinks we're all-conquering?

I would have thought at this late hour the Web Footed Bumpkins would be busy compiling the list of excuses for being muscled out their seats at home,not turning up at Grimsby and having a whip round for something else what has nothing to do with improving them ON the pitch.Nice Church though give em that............
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2015, 12:54pm; Reply: 19
John Fenty isn't the chairman.
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 28, 2015, 1:07pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Abdul19
John Fenty isn't the chairman.

He is in all but name. ;)
Posted by: MarinerMart, August 28, 2015, 3:04pm; Reply: 21
The Lincolnshire Echo has been trying to make mischief by showing pictures of scoreboards when they won and saying don't wind up Hearn and Wood. I really hope that the town fans show respect to Hearn and Wood, so they can stick their comments where the sun doesn't shine.  If they have a scoreboard and we win please take a photo and post it on here lol  :) :)
Posted by: Helgy, August 28, 2015, 3:27pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I would have thought at this late hour the Web Footed Bumpkins would be busy compiling the list of excuses for being muscled out their seats at home,not turning up at Grimsby and having a whip round for something else what has nothing to do with improving them ON the pitch.Nice Church though give em that............

My advise would be if you do as in previous years go into our end be quiet & try to enjoy the game
Posted by: highcliff mariner, August 28, 2015, 3:47pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Helgy

My advise would be if you do as in previous years go into our end be quiet & try to enjoy the game

Be quiet ????
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 28, 2015, 3:50pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Be quiet ????

So they'll blend in the with Lincoln fans!

Posted by: highcliff mariner, August 28, 2015, 3:53pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Les Brechin

So they'll blend in the with Lincoln fans!

Ah gottya
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 28, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Les Brechin

So they'll blend in with the Lincoln fan!

Posted by: RoboCod, August 28, 2015, 4:16pm; Reply: 27
They don't call t the the 'ECHO' stand for nothing
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 28, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from RoboCod
They don't call t the the 'ECHO' stand for nothing

nothing, nothing,, nothing..
Posted by: forza ivano, August 28, 2015, 5:13pm; Reply: 29
good odds on a lincoln win.anyone tempted? ;)
Posted by: KK_DOG, August 28, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from forza ivano
good odds on a lincoln win.anyone tempted? ;)

No.... it's unthinkable
Posted by: Ipswin, August 28, 2015, 6:21pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from wigworld

Apart from reaching the play-offs every year for the last 3 years, of course.

And losing, therefore no nearer than Lincoln were - both clubs failed  to get out of this excrement league

Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:54pm