Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 29, 2015, 6:21pm
We are due a bit of luck somewhere/some time soon.

Hopefully someone at GTFC is bright enough to send a copy of Rhead's admission of simulation to the FA to get Gowling off his ban but we need to kick on now. 9 points from 6 is not the start we wanted and a run of three winnable without winning is not good enough - whatever the circumstances.

Roll on Monday.....
Posted by: Rik e B, August 29, 2015, 6:41pm; Reply: 1
We continue. We play with spirit and verve and I for one am proud. It's far from ideal but we're a bloody good side and I've got faith
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 29, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 2
Rhead's words "Gowling put his hands around my neck and I went down like a professional, you can't put your hands around someones throat"

He is right of course but the simulation of being in pain and dropping like he had been shot is what got Gowling a red not a warning or yellow.  Gowling also needs to look at himself for reacting the way he did, he cost us the potential to earn all 3 points from pub team Lincoln.

Toto has earned his place after putting in a sterling performance.  Gowling can sit on his rear end for 3 matches then earn his way back into the team.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 29, 2015, 8:04pm; Reply: 3
"I dropped to the floor, like a true professional, because I was in ultimate pain and we got the penalty. "

He's as stupid as he looks.
Posted by: LH, August 29, 2015, 8:07pm; Reply: 4
I could see what was going to happen as soon as the ball was cleared. Gowling was silly and he knows it  luckily we have a capable replacement (at centre half) in Toto. I wonder if maybe Doig will be registered just in case the next three games go badly.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 29, 2015, 8:22pm; Reply: 5
As much as I like Gowling, that was a poor decision and it's probably cost us 2 vital points. I really hope now that Pearson and Toto play really well and reform their partnership from last season and take the centre half dilemma of 3 into 2 out of PH's mind.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 29, 2015, 8:29pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from RoboCod
"I dropped to the floor, like a true professional, because I was in ultimate pain and we got the penalty. "

He's as stupid as he looks.

Similar to a Gareth Bale comment " if there is contact in the box I am allowed to go down" that sad thing is the managers tell the players that and they believe it to be right???

True Professional? Looking at his waistline and his behaviour after the penalty I think not!!  

Posted by: Neilo83, August 29, 2015, 9:02pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Similar to a Gareth Bale comment " if there is contact in the box I am allowed to go down" that sad thing is the managers tell the players that and they believe it to be right???

True Professional? Looking at his waistline and his behaviour after the penalty I think not!!  

What did he do after the pen?
Posted by: MarinerGaz, August 29, 2015, 9:06pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Neilo83

What did he do after the pen?

Got booked for over celebrating (goading our fans)
Posted by: speedy, August 29, 2015, 9:14pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from MarinerGaz

Was goading before hand too, thats when all the trouble started.
Posted by: grimps, August 29, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 10
We seem to be needing a change of fortune every season !
It's nothing to do with luck that there are several teams better than us
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 29, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MarinerGaz

Did not see the yellow but glad he got one as his lack of class was embarrassing. I would hope that a Town player would not behave like that.  
Posted by: barralad, August 29, 2015, 10:08pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Did not see the yellow but glad he got one as his lack of class was embarrassing. I would hope that a Town player would not behave like that.  

The rules should allow for that sort of behaviour to be given a red card. The police/stewards were struggling to control the Town fans after the penalty decison anyway when along comes Rhead to pour petrol on that particular set of flames. There were young children caught up in that...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 29, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from barralad

The rules should allow for that sort of behaviour to be given a red card. The police/stewards were struggling to control the Town fans after the penalty decison anyway when along comes Rhead to pour petrol on that particular set of flames. There were young children caught up in that...

Most footballers are not big in the brain department and clearly his actions after the penalty beggared belief. When it kicked off I noticed Macca and a couple of players went over to try and get the Town fans to calm down if nothing else the connection with the players at the moment is good to see,  
Posted by: Garth, August 29, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 14
Rhead is the sort of meat head that unfortunately does well in the lower leagues.
Posted by: chaos33, August 29, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 15
He is. It's well known. This is why it's even more of a shame that we got sucked in to this.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 29, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 16
If Rhead is a thicko what does that make the pillock who laid hands on him?
Posted by: barralad, August 29, 2015, 10:56pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Wise Words...
Posted by: mariner91, August 29, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Quite.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 29, 2015, 11:15pm; Reply: 19
As the thread says: A change of fortune is needed.   We have had enough good chances to win all 6 games.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 29, 2015, 11:29pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from barralad

The rules should allow for that sort of behaviour to be given a red card. The police/stewards were struggling to control the Town fans after the penalty decision anyway when along comes Rhead to pour petrol on that particular set of flames. There were young children caught up in that...

So the police are well aware that Rhead's celebratory antics were potentially inflaming an already volatile situation...

I would expect the boys in blue are currently sorting out a knock on his door in the same way that Elding was pursued by them after his celebrations a few years back....then again, as it's not Town being taken to task, they'll probably just ignore this ape's provocation
Posted by: grimps, August 30, 2015, 5:41am; Reply: 21
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

So the police are well aware that Rhead's celebratory antics were potentially inflaming an already volatile situation...

I would expect the boys in blue are currently sorting out a knock on his door in the same way that Elding was pursued by them after his celebrations a few years back....then again, as it's not Town being taken to task, they'll probably just ignore this ape's provocation

It's Derby day !
I'd expect some excitement from the crowd
Posted by: barralad, August 30, 2015, 8:51am; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimps

It's Derby day !
I'd expect some excitement from the crowd

As per usual you've missed the point. There was loads of passion from the fans in a way you'd expect given the pressure cooker environment of a derby game. The issue with Rhead was that as a professional
footballer should have been able to see that he didn't need to commit to any actions that would make the situation worse. If you or I walked towards a group of people in the process of being contained by the Police and started mouthing off we would very quickly (and probably rightly) be jumped upon. Rhead should've had the gumption to not inflame the situation anymore and he failed spectacularly..
Posted by: grimps, August 30, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 23
Quoted from barralad

As per usual you've missed the point. There was loads of passion from the fans in a way you'd expect given the pressure cooker environment of a derby game. The issue with Rhead was that as a professional
footballer should have been able to see that he didn't need to commit to any actions that would make the situation worse. If you or I walked towards a group of people in the process of being contained by the Police and started mouthing off we would very quickly (and probably rightly) be jumped upon. Rhead should've had the gumption to not inflame the situation anymore and he failed spectacularly..

All true but as a Grimsby fan I'd have loved it if Bogle had gone over and done the same to their fans
Posted by: RoboCod, August 30, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimps

All true but as a Grimsby fan I'd have loved it if Bogle had gone over and done the same to their fans

I wouldn't, Bogle's better than that. And I do mean BETTER than that.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 30, 2015, 1:03pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from grimps

If Bogle had done the same as Rhead their fans / club would have reported Bogle to the FA and Police.

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/b3px0o.gif[/IMG]

;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 30, 2015, 6:43pm; Reply: 26
Gowling could find himself out of the team for a long time because of his foolish act,

If we go on a winning run and start being tight at the back like last season,

He will only get back in the team if  either Shaun or Toto get an injury.

It will only be his own fault, at his age he should have known better.
Posted by: ackomariner, August 30, 2015, 10:42pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from grimsby pete
Gowling could find himself out of the team for a long time because of his foolish act,

If we go on a winning run and start being tight at the back like last season,

He will only get back in the team if  either Shaun or Toto get an injury.

It will only be his own fault, at his age he should have known better.

Could be right Pete because Toto was faultless when he came on yesterday
Posted by: mariner91, August 30, 2015, 11:02pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from ackomariner

Could be right Pete because Toto was faultless when he came on yesterday

He was excellent. He dealt with Rhead far better than the other two centre backs.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:49pm