Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: thefish, August 30, 2015, 6:39pm
Judging by their predictions for tomorrow's game-

http://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown/mb/view.php?id=149960
Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 30, 2015, 7:22pm; Reply: 1
Let's just hope the Macc team aren't confident either.  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, August 30, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 2
Kiddy fans werent either pre first match.
I think it should be a good spectacle if Macc are still playing the style of football they have done for the last few seasons then could be a game for the purists.

Posted by: mariner2000, August 30, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 3
ARE WE????!!!!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 30, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 4
They've won at BP the last 3 seasons. The only time we've beaten them at home (out of 9) was when Tom Newey scored a screamer in a Friday night game.

But as far as I'm aware we've never dropped a point to them on a Monday, so we'll win 6-0.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 31, 2015, 10:14am; Reply: 5
They were  leading on Sat until the 90th minute.  Then conceded 2 goals. I hope we don't leave it as late to win.
Posted by: mariner tommy, August 31, 2015, 10:40am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19
They've won at BP the last 3 seasons. The only time we've beaten them at home (out of 9) was when Tom Newey scored a screamer in a Friday night game.

But as far as I'm aware we've never dropped a point to them on a Monday, so we'll win 6-0.

Isn't it typical town ?
In those same three seasons wre haven't lost to them away, drawing one and winning two.
Talk about a*** about face.

UTM
Posted by: thefish, August 31, 2015, 11:01am; Reply: 7
Quoted from mariner2000
ARE WE????!!!!

I am. We looked the better side for a good part of the second half on Saturday, with 10 men. Macclesfield have started poorly. If we get at them from the off, I can see us winning this one.
Posted by: oldun, August 31, 2015, 11:10am; Reply: 8
There should be absolutely no doubt about a Town win in this one. Anything but a win does not bear thinking about. But hang on this is football and this is Grimsby Town and it is wet. Could it be that this game's calamity is weather related? We have had everything else this season so far.
Posted by: KK_DOG, August 31, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 9
Think this game depends on the changes Hurst says he is going to make. The only changes I would make is Clay for Robinson and obviously Toto for Gowling.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 31, 2015, 12:34pm; Reply: 10
Lincoln scored 5 against them,

So I expect at least 6 from us today. 8)
Posted by: Rik e B, August 31, 2015, 12:37pm; Reply: 11
Agree with the above, Robertson though not putting a foot wrong unsurprisingly looks a bit short but I'd keep playing him to get him firing fully and our defence settled. But is the quick turnaround a big ask for him and East there with Tait at right back an option? But again that makes for an unsettled defence again so perhaps better to get him to push through and replace at 60 or so.
Posted by: Grim74, August 31, 2015, 2:42pm; Reply: 12
5 changes is to many he's not learnt from last week. hope macclesfield are as excrement as advertised.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:04am