Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 31, 2015, 1:00pm
Hurst says he will freshen things up but how many changes would you make,

I would only rest Dis and Monkey because of their age

Bring in Clay and Marshall and use all 3 subs later in the game,

We do not want too many changes imo
Posted by: Meza, August 31, 2015, 1:03pm; Reply: 1
I would play 3 in the middle one behind the 2 strikers.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 31, 2015, 1:10pm; Reply: 2
I imagine Clay will be brought back in - maybe Tait too, with East reverting to left back (if Robertson is still trying to find some stamina after missing most of pre-season). Agree that Marshall may play a part also. Mackreth given a start?

Hurst will know better than us how fit his form players are (Monkhouse, Arnold, Bogle and Amond) but I'd find it very difficult to drop any of them.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 31, 2015, 1:13pm; Reply: 3
Not Amond again surely even Hurst isn't that stupid - is he?
Posted by: moosey_club, August 31, 2015, 1:15pm; Reply: 4
i have a feeling that he will change one of the front two , probably Amond with Pittman plus Clay in for Robinson and that will be that.
Posted by: LH, August 31, 2015, 1:23pm; Reply: 5
I reckon the team will be something like (disclaimer- I personally wouldn't make any unenforced changes so this isn't what I'd pick):

McKeown
Tait Toto Pearson East
Mackreth Disley Robinson Marshall
Pittman Bogle

Amond, Arnold, Monkhouse Robertson Clay

I can't see Disley missing out as captain and I think Bogle will start whenever he's fit. Pittman needs some game time so will come in for Amond as Hurst alluded to the other day.
Posted by: lukeo, August 31, 2015, 1:35pm; Reply: 6
I just hope he doesn't change to much, 2 games a week at the beginning of the season and people are tired?

*YAWN*  They've had a day of rest and sunday roast and should be buzzing and ready to go!
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 31, 2015, 1:38pm; Reply: 7
McKeown

Tait Toto Pearson Gregor
Marshall Diz Clay Monkhouse
Bogle Arnold.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 31, 2015, 1:39pm; Reply: 8
Amond and Bogle to start for me, keep the momentum going from Saturday, Pittman off the bench 2nd half. Marshall must figure at some stage, shame he wasn't right for the Lincoln game.

Clean sheet please! Let's get this defence set in its ways and keep it that way, as much as injuries and suspensions allow.
Posted by: Garth, August 31, 2015, 1:44pm; Reply: 9
Jack for Monkey Pitman  for Amond Clay for Dis and Marshall for Arnold
Posted by: denni266, August 31, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 10
i would just bring clay back in .
Posted by: grimps, August 31, 2015, 1:55pm; Reply: 11
If he makes changes and we dont win then there will be big pressure on him later on this evening
Posted by: 935 (Guest), August 31, 2015, 2:00pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimps
If he makes changes and we dont win then there will be big pressure on him later on this evening

from very stupid people?
Posted by: denni266, August 31, 2015, 2:46pm; Reply: 13
Here he goes again, change . change . change .
Posted by: cardiffmariner, August 31, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from 935

from very stupid people?

No. The 'stupid' ones, to use your lovely term, are those who refuse to question him.

I've moved between not convinced to more convinced to now not convinced again over the last few years. I judge my view of Hurst on what is happening over a period of time.

Too many times on here you already know what a poster is going to say (on either side) before you have read it. If I give it an hour or so, the same predictable stuff will be spun out by the same people whose views are simply too entrenched and haven't changed for eons. They'll just slag each other off.

Right now, only the 'stupid' would not be questioning how and why we are where we are after a poor start.

An over-reaction to Alty and an unnecessary loan signing has left me feeling that Hurst isn't growing or developing as a manager. I think he may well have taken us as far as he can.

Sorry if that makes me 'stupid'.
Posted by: PPMariner, August 31, 2015, 5:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from cardiffmariner

I've moved between not convinced to more convinced to now not convinced again over the last few years. I judge my view of Hurst on what is happening over a period of time.

An over-reaction to Alty and an unnecessary loan signing has left me feeling that Hurst isn't growing or developing as a manager. I think he may well have taken us as far as he can.

This and moreover, this.

Sums up entirely how I feel.

The changes after Altrincham were ludicrous and as I said elsewhere, Robinson appears to be rivalling the worst I've seen for Town in 30 years. Ineffective, deliberately hides when we have the ball and does not tackle. Qualities picked to start in the heart of our side for three games in succession.

Before it's been witnessed first hand for us...not how I feel but...perhaps excusable. To select him twice more after the Torquay showing is beyond reason.

Bemused and so unflinchingly disappointed; hopes were beyond sky high and it hurts.

UTM
Posted by: MarinerMart, August 31, 2015, 5:48pm; Reply: 16
Rested!!! It's August!! if they are not capable of playing twice in 3 days then maybe they should retire and get a proper job  >:(
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 11:32pm