Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yoda, September 1, 2015, 11:22am
Another season with a poor start, another season in this league I thought last season the goals for Palmer masked a lot of problems in the team without him we would have struggled to make the playoffs. After 5 seasons he still hasnt got the midfield right and drops pearson our best player from last season ???????.
The wembley money has now gone, the £111000 now gone and we are no better than last year other managers in this league would love to have our budget for 5 seasons. Every team we play seem better organised fitter stronger and more hungry to win a match this must lie with the manager, you hear him on the radio you want to go to sleep how can he motivate a team.

I am sorry Paul but you have had long enough to do something and failed, as for our chairman his tenure has been a disaster do you trust him to pick our next manager.

Attendances will drop 500 for the next home game yes we might have a little run and flirt with the playoffs but ultimately we are not good enough.
Posted by: TAGG, September 1, 2015, 12:47pm; Reply: 1
I want Hurst gone, he should have copulated off with his Shouty mate.
On the other hand we would end up with another getyourfactsright failure.
We're dooooomed 😳
(How many Relegations have his appointments put us through)
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2015, 1:08pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Yoda
Another season with a poor start, another season in this league I thought last season the goals for Palmer masked a lot of problems in the team without him we would have struggled to make the playoffs. After 5 seasons he still hasnt got the midfield right and drops pearson our best player from last season ???????.
The wembley money has now gone, the £111000 now gone and we are no better than last year other managers in this league would love to have our budget for 5 seasons. Every team we play seem better organised fitter stronger and more hungry to win a match this must lie with the manager, you hear him on the radio you want to go to sleep how can he motivate a team.

I am sorry Paul but you have had long enough to do something and failed, as for our chairman his tenure has been a disaster do you trust him to pick our next manager.

Attendances will drop 500 for the next home game yes we might have a little run and flirt with the playoffs but ultimately we are not good enough.

Great summing up in my opinion.

Posted by: Jaws, September 1, 2015, 5:35pm; Reply: 3
Who would come here though? Anything less than winning the league appears to be a failure.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 1, 2015, 5:37pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Jaws
Who would come here though? Anything less than winning the league appears to be a failure.

Anything less than promotion back to the Football League is failure - yes. End of.

I take it you'll be happy with another five years of days like yesterday?
Posted by: Mariner93er, September 1, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 5
How many separate threads do we need on basically the same complaints that have appeared on about 5 other threads
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 1, 2015, 6:55pm; Reply: 6
yeah and it's the same old clat trap Hurst out, Fenty out funny bhow it all goes quite when we are winning.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 1, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
yeah and it's the same old clat trap Hurst out, Fenty out funny bhow it all goes quite when we are winning.

Yep - and it will remain so till we get Grimsby Town back in the Football League. Just a few facts for you:

1. We have not had a promotion under the John Fenty regime.
2. We have not been promoted for 18 years.
3. We are over £3million in debt
Posted by: TAGG, September 1, 2015, 8:55pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yep - and it will remain so till we get Grimsby Town back in the Football League. Just a few facts for you:

1. We have not had a promotion under the John Fenty regime.
2. We have not been promoted for 18 years.
3. We are over £3million in debt

How many times has Fentys ineptitude whilst being our supreme leader got us relegated is it 2 or 3????????????
Posted by: RexFannies, September 1, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 9
In real terms the year before we went down to the Conference we should have been relegated. It was only Lutons 30 points deduction that saved us. So add another relegation on. Was that not warning enough?

Oh and Bournemouth finished 5 points above us.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, September 1, 2015, 9:14pm; Reply: 10
As Chairman its only one as the others where whilst PF or his predessors where in charge
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 1, 2015, 9:17pm; Reply: 11
As Chairman its only one as the others where whilst PF or his predessors where in charge

I believe it's two.
Posted by: Rik e B, September 1, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 12
That first post is bollox imo.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 1, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 13

Relegation from League 1 and League 2, he and his yes men have full responsibility for us free falling out of the league and us watching some of the worst football ever imagined, also our utter failure to get out of this league.

Personally speaking, I feel that our free fall through the non league trap door is is akin to someone asking for a light and someone drops a nuclear bomb on them.  It's like peeling skin off with a rusty potato peeler and rubbing as much Fiery Jack cream into it as it will absorb.  It's like gouging out my eye balls with an ice cream scoop and shoving red hot coals into the empty sockets.  One relegation, your one relegation doesn't do that simple phrase the abhorrent nature of what he and his band of yes men mis-managed.

If it was my legacy I wouldn't be sitting on my hands.  I know what he should do but JF doesn't pay well with others.  Who is Chairman and if we don't have a chairman why not?
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, September 1, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I believe it's two.

Sorry but it def only one all be it the most important one that is  relegation to this cesspit.
He took over the chairmanship on the 29th July 2004  by which time we were already in Div 2.
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby_Town_F.C.#Financial_crisis_and_relegation_.282003.E2.80.932005.29

Posted by: Marinerz93, September 1, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 15

Sorry but it def only one all be it the most important one that is  relegation to this cesspit.
He took over the chairmanship on the 29th July 2004  by which time we were already in Div 2.
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby_Town_F.C.#Financial_crisis_and_relegation_.282003.E2.80.932005.29

He became the major shareholder for the 2003-04 season.

2002–03 season Fenty had had a change of heart and took his shareholding to £62,289 of the club equating to 26.3% of the company, buying out long term major shareholder Dudley Ramsden's interest in the club in the process.

It's two relegations.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, September 1, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 16
everything I have read says he became majority shareholder in 2005 but if you can point me to somewhere that proves me wrong I will be happy to admit I have it wrong, He did however take chairmanship in the 2004-2005 season so he was only in charge by name for one relegation.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 1, 2015, 10:27pm; Reply: 17
He (sorry, the board) appointed Woods to save our skins. If nothing else, i'll never get my head around that decision.
Posted by: gtfc82, September 1, 2015, 10:52pm; Reply: 18
From what I've heard, Fenty and one other board member voted for Slade at that board meeting. Three others voted for Woods! The decision that single handedly guaranteed relegation! I still remember my heart sinking when I heard the news!!
Posted by: kingster72, September 1, 2015, 11:05pm; Reply: 19
Unfortunately we are stuck in this sorry league until we can shift Lord Fenty!  The position he has dragged the club to and stubbornness of the man, makes that near impossible.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 1, 2015, 11:19pm; Reply: 20
everything I have read says he became majority shareholder in 2005 but if you can point me to somewhere that proves me wrong I will be happy to admit I have it wrong, He did however take chairmanship in the 2004-2005 season so he was only in charge by name for one relegation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fenty

2002–03 season Fenty had had a change of heart and took his shareholding to £62,289 of the club equating to 26.3% of the company, buying out long term major shareholder Dudley Ramsden's interest in the club in the process.

By name for one relegation but when you own something you have the sole responsibility for it regardless of who is the figure head / patsy is.

2 relegations, one being of the worst kind ever imaginable.  A bit like standing knee deep in excrement then being told break is over and you have to get back in the head stand position.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 2, 2015, 12:40pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Marinerz93

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fenty

By name for one relegation but when you own something you have the sole responsibility for it regardless of who is the figure head / patsy is.

2 relegations, one being of the worst kind ever imaginable.  A bit like standing knee deep in excrement then being told break is over and you have to get back in the head stand position.

Two relegations would be OK if there were two promotions to even it out, wouldn't it?
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 2, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Two relegations would be OK if there were two promotions to even it out, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it just.
Posted by: Jaws, September 2, 2015, 1:51pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Anything less than promotion back to the Football League is failure - yes. End of.

I take it you'll be happy with another five years of days like yesterday?

No - but people talk as if we are a Football League team. We are not and haven't been for 5 years, our squad and manager are all established conference players. The only thing we don't have is a conference-sized fan base.

Just because we have big crowds does not mean we'll walk this league. No-one actually involved in getting results was here when we last got promoted in 98 - the only thing the same as the club back then is the fans and the ground (pretty much)

When we go up, we'll be treated with as much respect as if Woking or Halifax went up - it's depressing but true.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 2, 2015, 2:26pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Jaws

No - but people talk as if we are a Football League team. We are not and haven't been for 5 years, our squad and manager are all established conference players. The only thing we don't have is a conference-sized fan base.

Just because we have big crowds does not mean we'll walk this league. No-one actually involved in getting results was here when we last got promoted in 98 - the only thing the same as the club back then is the fans and the ground (pretty much)

When we go up, we'll be treated with as much respect as if Woking or Halifax went up - it's depressing but true.

Of course failure to get promotion is failure - what is success? Play-offs? Lose at Wembley again? Mid-table?

None of the above begin to facilitate what the club needs which is success, promotion, new ground, increased revenues etc. John fenty has said it loud and clear, a new stadium is critical to the financial future of GTFC, the only way you are going to fill a new ground is with progression up the league not by standing still. There's no point in planning a new stadium for non-league football - none whatsoever.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 2, 2015, 2:46pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Of course failure to get promotion is failure - what is success? Play-offs? Lose at Wembley again? Mid-table?

None of the above begin to facilitate what the club needs which is success, promotion, new ground, increased revenues etc. John fenty has said it loud and clear, a new stadium is critical to the financial future of GTFC, the only way you are going to fill a new ground is with progression up the league not by standing still. There's no point in planning a new stadium for non-league football - none whatsoever.

Thank you for hitting that big nail with a frigging big hammer.

Posted by: jock dock tower, September 2, 2015, 4:31pm; Reply: 26
Sid it before, and will do so again...we need to become an AFC fans owned club. You only need to look at the passion and fervour generated by the Operation Promotion scheme to realise the potential is very much out there. AFC clubs in whatever division don't seem to be doing too bad either, do they?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 2, 2015, 10:48pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from jock dock tower
Sid it before, and will do so again...we need to become an AFC fans owned club. You only need to look at the passion and fervour generated by the Operation Promotion scheme to realise the potential is very much out there. AFC clubs in whatever division don't seem to be doing too bad either, do they?

Even when they appear to be stagnating (like Wimbledon) folk seem to be reasonably content.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 2, 2015, 10:48pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from TAGG
I want Hurst gone, he should have copulated off with his Shouty mate.
On the other hand we would end up with another getyourfactsright failure.
We're dooooomed 😳
(How many Relegations have his appointments put us through)

You mean male private Barton?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 2, 2015, 10:49pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

If people did moa when we won, you'd just say "see, you're even moaning when we win." Never satisfied some people.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 2, 2015, 11:56pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jock dock tower

I agree and would willingly chuck in a fair dollop of cash if this was the route we went down. We may have to if we stay in this league and don't get a new ground in the near future.
Posted by: LookBackInAngers, September 3, 2015, 2:14am; Reply: 31
Instead of calling for PH to go how about our "Non -Chairman" falling onhis sword after all the failures during his tenure.Perhaps then a breath of fresh air could blow in.UTM
Posted by: barralad, September 3, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You mean male private Barton?

I can categorically assure you that D1ck Barton is NOT John Fenty...
Print page generated: April 29, 2024, 8:14am